Falcons New Unis 2020

BlazerBlaze

14 hours ago, IceCap said:

The rest of your post suggests otherwise. 

Thanks for assuming things

Nike didn't design anything though. The look the Bucs went to was designed in 1997, and first outfitted by Wilson. What did Nike do, exactly, aside from listen to what the Bucs wanted? 

They changed somethings and even then you want them to copy old uniforms so it’s a lose lose

Well not everything. 

Still? Three of the most egregious Nike uniforms (Jags, Bucs, Browns) have been replaced, almost as soon as the league would allow it. 

How were the brows egregious? If you say it’s because of the drop shadow yeah no sports teams have ever used drop shadows 

120981429.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSOeiXGonLz5Tf0D85QZhc

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVriSDu8Hf2eLVRq4pbij

Id say the jags current look is more egregious. Say what you want about the previous set they were unique and had personality. The current ones don’t and feel soulless and bland

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

I said earlier that I didn’t mind the number font, but at that point I think I had only seen #20. I take that back. The 3 and 8 are not good. They tried too hard to get cute with the numbers.

why they’re almost exactly like standard block font just with tiny edges

Interesting observation on the gradient jersey. If you look at the back where the stitching is shaped like a peace sign, it’s used as the transition point for the fade. Basically anything above the stitching is solid red and anything below the stitching is where the fade starts.

spacer.png

This makes sense because it would probably be difficult to make the gradient look natural if it continued into the panels above the stitching. It would be hard to align them properly.

Now look at the front of the jersey. It’s seamless so there are no arbitrary stopping points.

spacer.png

Notice anything? On the back, the fade begins around the player’s elbows. On the front, it’s a bit higher, roughly level with his biceps. You can see the difference where the fade begins in this shot.

spacer.png

If they were limited in how they could apply the fade on the back due to the stitching, they should have compensated on the front to match it.

19 minutes ago, Reyes47 said:

How were the brows egregious? If you say it’s because of the drop shadow yeah no sports teams have ever used drop shadows 

You REALLY like to interrogate people, doncha?

Anyway what was wrong with the Browns? Let's see...

The carbon fibre on the helmets.

The sleeve stripes that extended to the torso.

The awful number font.

The giant CLEVELAND wordmark across the chest.

The giant BROWNS wordmark down the pants.

The contrasting stitching.

This isn't just my opinion by the way. The team themselves got rid of them almost as soon as they were able to.

19 minutes ago, Reyes47 said:

Id say the jags current look is more egregious. Say what you want about the previous set they were unique and had personality. The current ones don’t and feel soulless and bland

Guess what Sparky? The team didn't feel the previous set's "uniqueness" and "personality" were worth keeping around. That's the point! You whine and complain about people not liking Nike and you know what? Too bad! They're a billion dollar company, they can handle the criticism. They don't need some fanboy Swooshketeer (thanks @Buc!) white knighting for them on the internet!

The most important thing in this whole "Nike" argument though? The teams themselves recognize these uniforms are mistakes! The three worst ones- the Browns, Bucs, and Jags- all ditched theirs almost as soon as possible. It's the closest we can get to the "one day logo" the 49ers ditched in the 90s. It's a complete rejection of Nike's current design philosophy! And again, the teams themselves are doing this, so it's not just us uni nerds on the internet!

2 minutes ago, IceCap said:

You REALLY like to interrogate people, doncha?

Anyway what was wrong with the Browns? Let's see...

The carbon fibre on the helmets.

What does that even mean?

The sleeve stripes that extended to the torso.

Eh I guess so. I personally didn’t care but sure they should been on the sleeve

The awful number font.

I think it’s OK

The giant CLEVELAND wordmark across the chest.

Also think it’s OK

The giant BROWNS wordmark down the pants.

Meh I agree but never really thought much of it

The contrasting stitching.

Never noticed

This isn't just my opinion by the way. The team themselves got rid of them almost as soon as they were able to.

You sure it has nothing to do with the awful 1-31 stretch of games? Or that they make more money by replacing them and making fans buy new jersey’s so they’re not outdated

Guess what Sparky? The team didn't feel the previous set's "uniqueness" and "personality" were worth keeping around. That's the point! You whine and complain about people not liking Nike and you know what? Too bad! They're a billion dollar company, they can handle the criticism. They don't need some fanboy Swooshketeer (thanks @Buc!) white knighting for them on the internet!

maybe they weren’t but the new set isn’t an improvement

The most important thing in this whole "Nike" argument though? The teams themselves recognize these uniforms are mistakes! The three worst ones- the Browns, Bucs, and Jags, all ditched theirs almost as soon as possible. It's the closest we can get to the "one day logo" the 49ers ditched in the 90s. It's a complete rejection of Nike's current design philosophy! And again, the teams themselves are doing this, so it's not just us uni nerds on the internet!

You’re fundamental argument is teams replace their unis means the previous set was bad. Were the 9ers 80s look bad hence why they replaced them? Were the Orlando Magic previous set which is why they replaced them? 

Look let’s start from square one. Just explain to me what elements you think don’t work and what does work and how Nike can fix them and I’ll explain what i think works and doesn’t work. Don’t need to get snooty or calling me a Swooshketeer. See me calling you an old grouch who hates everything new? No you don’t 

8 minutes ago, Reyes47 said:

What does that even mean?

The carbon fibre pattern the team put on their helmet stripes. That's what this means. Understand what the hell you're talking about before engaging in a multi-page argument. 

You’re fundamental argument is teams replace their unis means the previous set was bad. Were the 9ers 80s look bad hence why they replaced them?

G-ddamnit guy.

Stop. Stop turning everything into an excuse for an argument.

Look let’s start from square one. Just explain to me what elements you think don’t work and what does work and how Nike can fix them and I’ll explain what i think works and doesn’t work.

That's your problem, man. You think your opinion's the centre of the universe.  No one wants to have run their opinions by someone point by point just to be told what they're wrong about by some dude with an over-inflated ego. Get over yourself, man.

You're going to have to accept that people won't always agree with you. Not just here, but in life in general.

7 minutes ago, Reyes47 said:

no i won’t 

Yes, you will. I'm a mod, and your threadjack has gone on long enough.

Guess what pal? People disagree with you about the Falcons' unis. Deal with it, and stop arguing with EVERYONE. Continue to derail this thread and there will be disciplinary measures.

3 minutes ago, IceCap said:

That's your problem, man. You think your opinion's the centre of the universe. This isn't the place for everyone to run their opinions by you, so you can correct them. No one wants to have run their opinions by someone point by point just to be told what they're wrong about. Get over yourself, man.

You're going to have to accept that people won't always agree with you. Not just here, but in life in general.

THE PATRIOTS SHOULD BE ABLE TO WEAR RED JERSEYS!!!

(Wait, what side of the argument were you on with that?... Wait... what side was I on? 🤔)

9 minutes ago, IceCap said:

That's your problem, man. You think your opinion's the centre of the universe. This isn't the place for everyone to run their opinions by you, so you can correct them. No one wants to have run their opinions by someone point by point just to be told what they're wrong about. Get over yourself, man.

Fine You’re correct and always correct clearly i’m an idiot with brain damage who can’t stop drinking Nike coolaid

I never once acted like my opinion was the center of the universe. All you’ve done is insult me a call me a nike fanboy 

But i digress. Let’s agree to disagree about the falcons new unis. Have a wonderful saturday buddy

13 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

A couple retail images have surfaced of the black and white jerseys. These are the mid grade Limiteds. I am very curious to see how the gradient is translated to the fan jerseys. I have a feeling that one may be released as the sublimated, cheaper Legend version only. I can’t see how they would be able to apply that design to the Game or Limited jerseys.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

They (or Fanatics or whoever is making these now) will just sublimate the gradient pattern on the body panels like the on-field version. I’m not too familiar with the specifics of the different levels of these jerseys, so there may be different fabrics to source and whatnot, but generally, if your cost structure allows you to sublimate the cheapest option, you’re only going to make more money as you go up the ladder because you’re sourcing the same work and manufacturing process but charging more for it at retail.

2 hours ago, L10nheart404 said:

Exactly. You can't match everything just for the hell of it. Some design features need to actually be visible/legible

True, but names are the uniform equivalent of vanity plates and completely nonessential, so it’s fine if they’re colored to work best with the design. Regardless, the ATL on the front reads just fine in red, so it would pass both tests.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived