Falcons New Unis 2020

BlazerBlaze

I got back on this thread after about 15 hours and I see just a disaster (but also a very entertaining one) and boy was that a good read. Fun stuff all around.

I also saw the picture of the Falcons unis again after the same time period and I thought "you know, the black over white set doesn't look so bad." Then I saw the throwback set and I thought "you know, they should've just done that but again." The current set tries to be an homage to that set (and some others, I think) but just does it worse in every way. For the love of all that is holy, stripe your socks, people!

the user formerly known as cdclt

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Thanks bro.  I make enough enemies with my opinions, I ain't deliberately gonna make more! 😄

I’m not deliberately trying to make make enemies. I’m not the one who is name calling here i was defending my position 

Just now, Reyes47 said:

no that’s what IVE been saying I’m not the one name calling

No you've been invalidating our opinions and running us through the gauntlet of why our opinions suck and we're just a bandwagon of nike haters that only like looks from the olden days. You kept asking why we have our opinion like we need to justify it to you

2 minutes ago, Maroon&Gold said:

No you've been invalidating our opinions and running us through the gauntlet of why our opinions suck and we're just a bandwagon of nike haters that only like looks from the olden days. You kept asking why we have our opinion like we need to justify it to you

no i haven’t at all. more people have been telling me my opinion sucks than me telling them that. Why do you think i’m being called a Swooshketeer? I’m done responding to comments like this just focus on the Falcons uniforms

9 minutes ago, Reyes47 said:

Fine You’re correct and always correct clearly i’m an idiot with brain damage who can’t stop drinking Nike coolaid

I never once acted like my opinion was the center of the universe. All you’ve done is insult me a call me a nike fanboy 

But i digress. Let’s agree to disagree about the falcons new unis. Have a wonderful saturday buddy

Dude, it ain’t all that serious. Accusing @IceCap of shaming you and pulling out the victim card ain’t the right course of action. All he’s been doing is stating his opinions and counterpointing yours. As you have been with him. However, you’ve gone over the top and aggressive and I’d imagine every time you read any rebuttal to your posts, your automatic facial reaction is inevitably this:

spacer.png

46 minutes ago, Reyes47 said:

why they’re almost exactly like standard block font just with tiny edges

What do you even mean by tiny edges? If you honestly believe that, maybe this place isn’t really for you. Details matter around here.

Standard Block:spacer.png

Falcons Font:

spacer.png
spacer.png
spacer.png

There are some pretty obvious s differences between the two fonts, most significantly the squared corners and pointed serifs on the 2 and 3.

2 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

What do you even mean by tiny edges? If you honestly believe that, maybe this place isn’t really for you. Details matter around here.

Standard Block:spacer.png

Falcons Font:

spacer.png
spacer.png
spacer.png

There are some pretty obvious s differences between the two fonts, most significantly the squared corners and pointed serifs on the 2 and 3.

I’d argue that the font is blocky, but it’s nowhere near a traditional/standard block font.

THAT'S ENOUGH.

I don't know if everyone is feeling punchy because you're stuck inside on a long weekend, but that's enough of the sniping and name-calling and arguing. You are free to disagree with one another, but the moderating team expects you to do so in a civil manner, and some of the discourse in this thread has crossed the line. Knock it off or suspensions will be handed out.

1 minute ago, NeauXone said:

I don't know about everyone else, but I've only seen Atlanta abbreviated as ATL. It's not some trendy local thing, it's what people use to abbreviate the city almost everywhere.

I really hope whenever we get a Redskins redesign, we don’t get a weird “DMV” alternate 

1 hour ago, aawagner011 said:

Interesting observation on the gradient jersey. If you look at the back where the stitching is shaped like a peace sign, it’s used as the transition point for the fade. Basically anything above the stitching is solid red and anything below the stitching is where the fade starts.

This makes sense because it would probably be difficult to make the gradient look natural if it continued into the panels above the stitching. It would be hard to align them properly.

Now look at the front of the jersey. It’s seamless so there are no arbitrary stopping points.

Notice anything? On the back, the fade begins around the player’s elbows. On the front, it’s a bit higher, roughly level with his biceps. You can see the difference where the fade begins in this shot.

If they were limited in how they could apply the fade on the back due to the stitching, they should have compensated on the front to match it.

Yeah, I feel like determining the top point of the gradient should’ve been done based off the lowest high-point they could realistically make work in production, and wrap that point around the whole jersey. Glad you pointed this out, as I didn’t notice it before now. Not that this change would’ve fixed these jerseys, but it would definitely improve them.

38 minutes ago, Reyes47 said:

no i haven’t at all. more people have been telling me my opinion sucks than me telling them that. Why do you think i’m being called a Swooshketeer? I’m done responding to comments like this just focus on the Falcons uniforms

I don’t like to interject in these types of squabbles, but I’m going to do my best to explain this as neutrally as possible because I want to help you not get kicked out of this place. After that, I’m not going to respond, and it’s up to you to take it or leave it.

The problem is you haven’t just been “sharing your opinions.” You’ve been sharing one opinion, which is that you like the Falcons uniform because you think it looks good and your definition of a good uniform is not confined to a single era (which is fine).

However, you’re also questioning everyone else’s opinion with a series of “gotcha” statements that attempt to conflate their opinions with assumptions and generalizations that you think contradict those opinions. To make it worse, when your response contains a factual error and someone calls it out, you double down with a “gotcha” technicality to escape. Lastly, your tone rubs people the wrong way. There’s a huge difference in saying,

“Sorry, I was talking specifically about the NFL-post merger. I should have communicated that more clearly.”

Versus saying,

“Read what I wrote. I was talking about the NFL post-merger.”

And in full disclosure, I did not go back to see exactly what you wrote, so my quote may not be precisely accurate (and I apologize for that), but I think it’s fair to say it’s close enough to get the point across. Again, take it or leave it, but this is how you’re coming across to an unbiased viewer of the situation.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

3 minutes ago, NeauXone said:

I don't know about everyone else, but I've only seen Atlanta abbreviated as ATL. It's not some trendy local thing, it's what people use to abbreviate the city almost everywhere.

Yeah, it's world renown at this point. It's not some local slang, like you said, but more so the brand of our city. Much different from cities like Phoenix, Orlando, Dallas, and all the others using the abbreviated names. 

3 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

spacer.png

These aren't the home run I was hoping for, but the more I see them, the more I think they aren't the dumpster fire that everyone is labeling them as. Besides that gradient, they're relatively harmless and very streamlined compared to the old set. The numbers could be better, but they aren't as bad as the Titans and the old Bucs set. The only flair they have is a custom font, a thin stripe up the sides, and ATL on the chest. The ATL seemed very "in my face" when these launched, but within a few days, it just looks normal now. Still not sold on the gradient and not anticipating I will come around to it. But if they can limit that to once per season and figure out their socks, I think this is a decent set.

I'm starting to agree with you, especially with this picture of the white jersey with black pants. Obviously he's wearing black socks with it, but imagine if they were red - it'd actually look pretty good and the black pants really balance the look compared to when it's a black helmet and then white everything else.

ExJworW.png

7 minutes ago, Krz said:

TX is literally the state abbreviation for Texas and is pretty widespread.

No one outside of Texas actually refers to it as "TX" ..."Going to TX for vacation" just doesn't resonate with many people. "Going to ATL for the weekend" is something A LOT of people can decode. If you don't understand, then sorry.

1 minute ago, L10nheart404 said:

No one outside if Texas , actually refers to it as "TX" ..."Going to TX for vacation" just doesn't resonate with many people. "Going to ATL for the weekend" is something A LOT of people can decode. If you don't understand, then sorry.

I get where you’re coming from, as a Texan my opinion is flawed on this, but I feel like most people can decode that TX stands for Texas.

Excellent!

Archived