Falcons New Unis 2020

BlazerBlaze

2 minutes ago, Volt said:

The problem with these (outside of the Dark Red) is that there's no Silver or Grey....making it basically the 49ers color scheme.  

The last time I checked the 49ers didn’t use black (outside of throwbacks and that one ugly, ugly, alt) I think gold could work really well, because it goes well with black and red. 

And even if it was the Niners scheme, several teams share colors

8 minutes ago, Survival79 said:

Current Falcons | Possible New Falcons | Atlanta United

ED7Y9Di.png

They should be using the same Red as the Chiefs and 49ers.  Not sure what it technically might be on a screen, but I would bet when it comes to the actual fabric, it's Nike's University Red FKA Scarlet (same as Ohio State, Georgia, etc.).  Probably the same Red they are wearing now:

Image result for atlanta falcons 2019

Would you really want to embrace too much gold if you're the Falcons? The Saints, your biggest rivals, use black and gold and both have almost equal stature (helmet is gold, color jerseys are black).  If you feature gold too prominently and keep black, you start to resemble their color scheme.

53 minutes ago, dont care said:

This is probably the worst version of the ones where gold is added. @madsquish concept looks way better.

the problem with making the keyline red or black is it will be used primarily on thise two colors. apparel, marketing materials, social, etc. id prefer not to lose it if placed on one of the 2 primary colors. i also much prefer the contrast between black and white, using red highlights. makes the logo appear a bit larger

5 hours ago, Volt said:

The problem with these (outside of the Dark Red) is that there's no Silver or Grey....making it basically the 49ers color scheme.  

Well, not exactly. The falcons would be black and red heavy , with gold accents. The 49ers are equally gold and red heavy. Same with the Saints, they're equally black and gold heavy. Either way, the Braves have gold accents, The Hawks will with their new uniforms this year, and of course AB's other team Atlanta United does as well. It'd be a seamless transition.

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Add gold?

IMHO, they don't need to be adding colors, they need to subtract... the silver, specifically. Three colors are all they need. Red (helmet), black (jersey), and white (pants). The answer is so simple, obvious, and easy, there's no doubt they'll screw it up.

Can we at least wait to see what they have been working on? The Vikings, Lions, Jags(overall), Jets, and Dolphins (updated) shows that Nike can bring some decency to the table. I personally think they'll be a hit.

1 hour ago, L10nheart404 said:

Can we at least wait to see what they have been working on? The Vikings, Lions, Jags(overall), Jets, and Dolphins (updated) shows that Nike can bring some decency to the table. I personally think they'll be a hit.

Decency is a stretch. The Vikings outside of quirks look good. The Lions were close but no cigar. The Jets same( black and weird striping) Dolphins got it right with the color fix. As far as the Jags they haven't looked good since adidas was manufacturer. 

11 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Add gold?

IMHO, they don't need to be adding colors, they need to subtract... the silver, specifically. Three colors are all they need. Red (helmet), black (jersey), and white (pants). The answer is so simple, obvious, and easy, there's no doubt they'll screw it up.

It'd be more replacing the silver with gold.

9 minutes ago, VandyDelphia Mike said:

I'm not totally opposed to incorporating gold into the Falcons' color scheme, but without a heavy emphasis on red, it's going to come off as Saints+red, or Jaguars with teal subbed out for red.

Red and Black will be the primary colors. Think, Atlanta United.

josef-martinez-mls-atlanta-united-070920

8 hours ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

Decency is a stretch. The Vikings outside of quirks look good. The Lions were close but no cigar. The Jets same( black and weird striping) Dolphins got it right with the color fix. As far as the Jags they haven't looked good since adidas was manufacturer. 

Adidas never outfitted the Jaguars. Wilson, Reebok and Nike have. The Vikings look better because of the quirks, like the sleeve stripes and pant stripes. The Jets would have looked better if the sleeve stripes stopped on the sleeve cap. 

The falcons should not add gold to their scheme. I know they had gold trim to pay homage to GT when they came into the league but it was hardly noticeable and would be too much now. Red, Black, White and I can live with a little bit of silver. Also I'm sorry but no to everyone saying they should take cues from the soccer team. A 54 year old NFL franchise in the south, the heart of football country, should not be taking its cues from a 4 year old soccer franchise.

The NBA is the only sports league that I closely follow, but I'm a bit of a traditionalist and think the Falcons should stick with red/black/white. Even as a casual observer, those are the colors I've associated with them the most. I don't really have an opinion on the use of silver since I'm unsure of its use in the team's uniform history, but I know that color has become the equivalent of BFBS in the NBA. A number of teams have weirdly added it despite there being no significance or relevance to their respective histories.

1 hour ago, Eszcz21 said:

The falcons should not add gold to their scheme. I know they had gold trim to pay homage to GT when they came into the league but it was hardly noticeable and would be too much now. Red, Black, White and I can live with a little bit of silver. Also I'm sorry but no to everyone saying they should take cues from the soccer team. A 54 year old NFL franchise in the south, the heart of football country, should not be taking its cues from a 4 year old soccer franchise.

One has been a model team in setting the league standard in winning and player acquisition. The other is the Falcons. Both have the same owner. (and as someone who grew up in Minnesota I hate both) I could easily see them unifying the look more between the two. Not saying they should, just that I could see it.