BlazerBlaze

Falcons New Unis 2020

8 minutes ago, Krz said:

TX is literally the state abbreviation for Texas and is pretty widespread.

Not what I meant. I know what TX is. I was referring how it doesn’t look right on a hat... or as a logo of a professional sports team.

1 minute ago, DNAsports said:

Not what I meant. I know what TX is. I was referring how it doesn’t look right on a hat... or as a logo of a professional sports team.

Ah ok, sorry then. People above you were arguing about what or what not should be used as an abbreviation so I got confused.

7 minutes ago, Krz said:

I get where you’re coming from, as a Texan my opinion is flawed on this, but I feel like most people can decode that TX stands for Texas.

Lol... Yeah, I understand. It's just not the same as ATL. Atlanta is known in everything from movies, music, art, fortune 500 companies, etc... 

2 minutes ago, Krz said:

Ah ok, sorry then. People above you were arguing about what or what not should be used as an abbreviation so I got confused.

Personally, I think ATL flows more aesthetically than TX.

Speaking of TX, I hope we never get HOU on a Texans jersey or DAL on a Cowboys jersey.

1 hour ago, 8BW14 said:

Falcons Font:

spacer.png

spacer.png

After sitting on these for a couple of days, I gotta say they've grown on me a lot. The helmets are fantastic, I dig the way that the pants stripe and side panel interact, and the overall color balance is nice. Even the gradient jerseys fit Atlanta well IMO.

That said, the cartoon-ish numbers are ultimately bringing these down a lot and they're also what's making the set as a whole look a more amateur than it should be. Calvin Ridley's 18 looks particularly rough here. They were right in going for something futuristic, but they should have created something that looked more streamlined than blocky. 

I think it's sweet of the Falcons, in their alternate jersey, to remind us of their epic fade... 

1 hour ago, 8BW14 said:

spacer.png

Speaking purely for the white uniforms here even though it applies to the black ones as well - every single one of these is crying out for contrasting socks. White socks / red or black socks (preferably black) / white or black socks, and any of those combinations immediately becomes 10x more digestible. 

And I know this has been said plenty, but whatever. Facts are facts. 

1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

Dude, it ain’t all that serious. Accusing @IceCap of shaming you and pulling out the victim card ain’t the right course of action. All he’s been doing is stating his opinions and counterpointing yours. As you have been with him. However, you’ve gone over the top and aggressive and I’d imagine every time you read any rebuttal to your posts, your automatic facial reaction is inevitably this:

spacer.png

is calling me a swooshketeer necessary? 

Drop the gradient alt and continue the throwback uniforms number font onto the home and away and it improves the set 100% still not great but acceptable.

If you want to continue, drop the underarm, Arena League-esq stripe, and adopt a better looking stripe,  fix the helmet and either a red one or revert back to the one you just replaced, I don't care which at this point. Add some stripes on those socks and make black over white the home set, and white over black the away set. Adopt a better red alt and wear it over some black shorts and you've done it.

Or just revert to the throwbacks like you should've done. 

1 minute ago, Reyes47 said:

is calling me a swooshketeer necessary? 

I'd just drop it, it's not worth it anymore man. 

Knock it off and stick to the topic at hand. 

I’m always of the opinion that opinions shouldn’t be finalized until we see it on field. It honestly pisses me off that every team does gimmicky videos with filters and lights everywhere

Regardless from what i’ve seen I do like it a lot. 

Helmet: I really like the helmet. I would’ve been fine with glossy helmet but I don’t really care that it’s Satin. I do like the silver face mask to match the outline of the Falcon and to give them some silver in their unis since it is technically one of their colors 

Numbers: So far I think the numbers are fine. They fit the branding and don’t look too over the top. I don’t hate the drop shadow but i don’t think it’s fantastic either. Doing a simple outline would’ve been fine

Jerseys: I think they look pretty good. I personally don’t care for word marks but I don’t mind the ATL. I guess it could be smaller but it’s not a problem for me same with the side panels. The design itself is pretty plain. Going against the grain the red gradient is my favorite because of how unique it is and looks fire, that is like actual fire. I am glad it is an alt though and not the main one

pants: also very plain but fit well

sock: I don’t really care about socks honestly. I also am fine with socks matching the pants

Right now I’m giving it a 7.5/10. It has potential and is solid certainly much better than their last look 

Just now, officeglenn said:

@Reyes47 @Maroon&Gold I said on the last page to drop it. So drop it.

I have. I just made a post about my thoughts on the details and what i think of it. nothing to do with marron&gold

So what do you all really think of these uni’s?

A lot of folks are bemoaning the socks in these Falcons photos, but I don't think there are actually socks in any of the photos. They're all just wearing tights under the pants - albeit tights that match the pants in every case, yes. 

It's very possible, maybe even likely, that this is the final intended application, especially since tights in place of solid socks has become so common across the league. But hey, until I see some actual socks, I'm going to hold out (just a little bit of) hope for some contrast and/or stripes by the time these leave the photo studio and hit the field. Because, y'know, "so you're saying there's a chance" and stuff. 

8 minutes ago, Jojopeligreeno said:

Well the socks in the Design drawings  had the vertical stripe on them looked interesting 

For reference:

spacer.png

Not my favorite, but if it meant that Nike would care about socks, then go ahead.