Sign in to follow this  
Sidney

Bordeaux Cannelés Baseball team logo WIP

Hi guys,

I've received my drawing tablet few days ago, and since I got it.... well I simply can't stop drawing LOL. After the hockey team logo of my hometown here is the baseball team.

Here is my attempt on trying to create a mascot that represents the city. Indeed this mascot is a Cannelés a famous cake in the city of Bordeaux. I'm pretty happy about the overall looking of it so far, I still got some stuffs to fix like the hands position on the baseball bat. Colors other than the brown are not sure yet. What's your opinion?

XqAwUHe.jpg

Without context, I wouldn't know this is a pastry. I'm afraid I'd think it something much worse.

3 minutes ago, Whittier S said:

Without context, I wouldn't know this is a pastry. I'm afraid I'd think it something much worse.

I'll try to play with the brown until I got something closer. I think only the people that know this cake will prob recognize it. I'll try to lighten it.

OK, lighter and I've done some little improvement on the hands. 
zFD8pfc.jpg

The two colours on the teeth and the inconsistent lines on the jersey really stand out to me.

Pas les chocolatines? 😉 Ici au Québec ils sont des chocolatines comme chez vous.

@alexandreSalut ! Yh the lines are inconsistent because it's a first draft, when I'll be done improving etc, I'll make the vector version. :) 

Les chocolatines ouiiiiiiii! C'est un thème que je dois explorer :). Tu es du milieu du graphisme? 

His hands are placed on the bat incorrectly.  His left hand should be on the bottom.