LA Rams Concept Logos

8BW14

I have had a Rams concept bouncing around in my head for a while and I had a couple slow days at work this week so I whipped up this Rams concept.

spacer.png

First of all I brought back the classic colors: Dark royal blue and athletic gold. I started with the LA monogram logo and eventually arrived at the version you see above. I think it’s on the right track but it’s far from a finished product, definitely open to suggestions there.

The Ram logo is kind of a combo of the vintage logo and the current-soon to be former-logo. The pose mirrors the old-school logo but I rendered it in the style of the current logo. I’m partial to the version with the neck but I’d love to hear what everyone else thinks. 

Anyway, this was kind of a second draft and I’d love to get some feedback, positive or negative. Thanks for taking a look and I’m looking forward to hear what everyone thinks.

On 1/19/2020 at 3:49 PM, hooch said:

The Ram head looks off. Because you have an element that is 3D (horns) and the rest being 2D/flat, the mix makes the logo look skewed/warped.

Your half right, It does Loog off but its not the horns its the eye, it doesn't seem menacing in anyway, eyes are tricky. Personally I like to go on this site look at the four main sport leagues and look at every eye on a logo that I think would look best on my logo, or more than one that you could transform into your own eye for the logo. And its not just the eye that makes it. You have to get the right browline to go with your eye and that changes from animal to animal. I would also recommend researching a ram and look at the anatomy of its head.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So, I'd say this is a great start, and I love how you've done the horns.However, one thing that also plagued @photomrk's post was that the current ram head logo is a side profile, while the concept is at 3/4 view, but  keeps the side profile nose. Figure out how to fix that, and then you'll be getting somewhere

Archived