College Football 2020

Kevin W.

Last year's thread was started on New Year's Day and now that the national championships have all been decided, it's time to start talking next season. Have at it.

I'll start with some speculation that last year's Desert Swarm throwbacks may be making another appearance for Arizona, based on their schedule tweet.

Given the positive reception they got despite the loss in them and given that most fans hate the current uniforms, it wouldn't surprise me if this is the direction they're going in.

• Like 4

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

It was announced a while back that Florida State is finally going back to white numbers on their home uniforms. Now they won't look like Boston College and hopefully they'll stop playing like them too... 

tspacer.png

• Like 15

16 hours ago, alecgoff said:

It was announced a while back that Florida State is finally going back to white numbers on their home uniforms. Now they won't look like Boston College and hopefully they'll stop playing like them too... 

tspacer.png

Only way that happens if they get adequate recruits and hopefully great coaching.  Taggert as a HC was probably a backwards move for the Seminoles.

19 hours ago, alecgoff said:

tspacer.png

It took 6 years but they finally fixed all the issues that should have happened from day 1 when these uniforms were designed (well besides shiny pants)

-gold numbers to garnet on white jerseys. check.

-Mustard looking helmet back to gold. check

-facemask too purple looking needs to be more garnet. check

-gold numbers to white on garnet jersey. check, finally.

Looks like FSU kept the Willie Taggart era, "Do Something" mantra.  He had that here in Oregon, too, and it was stupid.

I get that it's supposed to be like...

source.gif

But it comes off like...

giphy.gif

• Like 5

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

1 hour ago, pianoknight said:

Looks like FSU kept the Willie Taggart era, "Do Something" mantra.  He had that here in Oregon, too, and it was stupid.

I get that it's supposed to be like...

source.gif

But it comes off like...

giphy.gif

That tweet about the return of white numbers was from this past August. Since firing Taggart they’ve completely stopped using the “Do Something” mantra. I don’t even think Taggart has been using it at FAU since being hired there. 

• Like 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

10 hours ago, upperV03 said:

That tweet about the return of white numbers was from this past August. Since firing Taggart they’ve completely stopped using the “Do Something” mantra. I don’t even think Taggart has been using it at FAU since being hired there. 

Good catch, and thank God.  It's such a lame catchphrase.  It's like after Notre Dame and all the other schools took things like "Play Like A Champion Today," the only phrase left was "Do Something." 

• Like 2

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

• 2 weeks later...

The XFL's Houston Roughnecks have purchased new turf for TDECU Stadium. What better time to update our field graphics?

"The new FieldTurf will be customizable in a variety of ways, allowing Houston to create new field designs on its synthetic surface for each home football game. For the upcoming 2020 season, fans can expect a new design for each home game."

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Jungle Jim said:

Kentucky will wear 13 combinations in 13 games.  All will include Tennessee checkerboards.  About half of them will look good.  All 13 will have looked better without the checkerboards.  #StubbornMitchBarnhardt

Perhaps an unpopular opinion, but I like the blue and white checkerboard pattern for UK.

They may have stolen it from Tennessee, but when I think of blue and white checkerboard patterns I immediately think of Secretariat, horse racing and the Kentucky Derby. 

SecretariatPreaknessTonyLeonard.jpg?RK0z

• Like 9

UyDgMWP.jpg