College Football 2020

Kevin W.

6 minutes ago, cajunaggie08 said:

The Cactus Bowl, which was the Cheez-It Bowl the past two seasons, will now be the Guaranteed Rate Bowl

I can tolerate sponsorships being part of the name but I loathe when the sponsorship is the name of the bowl game. The Taxslayer Bowl comes to mind. It was the Gator Bowl for years and thankfully, it is the Gator Bowl once again.

• Like 5

The Ducks will be carrying over the same set as last year, but based on the new cleats that some of the players have shown off on their IG stories, it looks like there’ll be a black/neon green alternate uniform added back in to the rotation:

spacer.png
Chances are it’ll look similar to the black/neon green uniform they wore in 2018, just updated to match the current set on the Vapor Fusion template. They’ll still have the nightmare green, apple green, yellow, and two white sets in the rotation as well, so there should be six colorways in total. With the shortened season it’ll be interesting to see what they actually end up wearing, as they’ve now got four colored uniform sets and, at least to start with, only three home games on the schedule (although there’s a good chance they’ll wear yellow at OSU and have a home game for Week 7 of the Pac-12 schedule). Just taking a quick look at the schedule, I’d put money on the new black/neon green uniform being worn on Friday Nov. 20th against UCLA.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, JayMac said:

I can tolerate sponsorships being part of the name but I loathe when the sponsorship is the name of the bowl game. The Taxslayer Bowl comes to mind. It was the Gator Bowl for years and thankfully, it is the Gator Bowl once again.

I knew we were headed down this road back when they first renamed the Humanitarian Bowl the insight.com Bowl. Struck me as silly then...hasn't changed since.

2 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Mississippi State is throwing it back to 1969 with the Flying M helmet and retro uniforms.

I just learned something new today. That is all kinds of awesomeness right there.

2 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

😍💙🖤  My favorite time of CFB season!

Okay, UCF...just rebrand yourselves as the Citronauts already. You can even hybrid as CitroKnights. (Listen, it's college--if "Banana Slugs", "Boilermakers", "Cornhuskers" and "Volunteers" can exist, so can that.) Mix the gold in with the space blue and black and be done with it. Just do it.

56 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Two awesome uniforms in one day!!! 💚🖤💛

spacer.png

I thought USF was past this phase...or either I just ain't been paying attention...

• Like 7

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

6 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Tulane will have a retro surfing pelican logo on their blue helmets this weekend

[tweet]

I hate uniform reveal videos so much.

Tonight's Arkansas State at Appalachian State game is going to look like crap. Based on Arkansas State's play this year, it might be fun to watch if you hate defense, but these combos together is offensive.

6vz5HSj.jpg

MbeJ6aS.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Two awesome uniforms in one day!!! 💚🖤💛

spacer.png

Here's another look with a better angle at the sleeves and helmet:

That version makes these much more palettable:

Johnny Ford - Football - USF Athletics

Everything from the ugly gradient to the over-brightened colors to the absolutely hideous chrome helmet to black base is just horrific. I can normally live with the uniforms they try with this theme... this is just a train wreck of trying too hard. What is up with that pastel shade of lime green? And I didn't know they even made chrome yellow helmets. 

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

I think that USF uni is the first look at adi’s woven option. At last, a high-caliber alternative to Primeknit.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

11 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Watching that Arkansas State / App State game... what are those two bars on Ark State's sleeves suppose to signify? Because, whatever they are, they aren't stripes.

It signifies that we're all equals.

Or that a lack of a designated nerd (a position I'm willing to take) = disaster.

13 hours ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

I like the horn design on the sleeves of that USF uniform, but that's the only compliment I can give it. 

Feel like the horn design would work better on the helmet.  Can't recall cause they've had so many, have they done a Vikings-esque horns helmet look?  

90758391980.gif

19 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Mississippi State is throwing it back to 1969 with the Flying M helmet and retro uniforms.

These are awesome. The black cleats and white socks with white shoelaces put the perfect finishing touch on a great uniform. 

USF's friday night tykes uniforms.....not so much...