College Football 2020

Kevin W.

On 7/29/2020 at 12:47 PM, aawagner011 said:

A few more looks at the white numbers for FSU. An improvement for sure, but wish they switched to the cleaner Vapor Untouchable template. Would have also liked a slightly more subtle look to the pattern.

It’s incredible how much better they look now.

• Like 1

ExJworW.png

NCAA To Allow Social Justice Statements On Uniforms

July 30, 2020 - 21:27 PM

The NCAA Playing Rules Oversight Panel on Thursday morning approved a rule that will allow student-athletes in all sports to wear patches on their uniforms or alter their nameplates for commemorative and memorial purposes or to promote social justice causes. The previous rules did not allow for or address the

Read More...

The nameplates, on the other hand, can be unique to each player, but must be authorized by the individual schools and conferences.

Yeah, this is all well and good but you know the conferences will be very restrictive. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Friedrich Stuart Macbeth said:

In before an ass ton of gammons came in to :censored: on this decision.

pre-approved platitudes chosen by multi-million dollar operations to make sure they get the right kind of PR will save this country. the revolution will be televised and brought you by Ford. Built Ford Tough

• Like 3

I've been told numerous planned uniform updates were put on hold due to production issues associated with the pandemic, particularly schools that were supposed to be switching to the Vapor Fusion template this year. It's possible Florida State was forced to make the number changes in-house as a result, thus the Mach Speed template still being in use.

• Like 3

Is this a fashion jersey or to be worn on field?

spacer.png

spacer.png

The product description goes on to say that it is to celebrate 100 years of playing as the Bulldogs, which is kinda cool, I guess.

Now as to the actual design:

-It’s black. The overall style is fairly similar to our usually black jerseys with the red collars and cuffs. However, it would be a shame to wear this instead of our regular black jerseys. This one leans on the corny side while our regular blacks are some of the best alternates in college ball and are criminally underused.

-Classic block font for all the traditionalists. No contrasting red outline.

-The dog collar is cheesy but I could maybe live with it if that was the only questionable design element. Makes me think of the old FSU design with the tribal pattern on the collar. If they left it at that, I think it would be a subtle and okay alternate for a one-off. That brings me to my next point.

-Hate the bulldog logos on the sleeves. Georgia should never wear such things.

-You’ll notice that the sleeve logos have “100” in the same spot that the “G” normally sits.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Is this a fashion jersey or to be worn on field?

spacer.png

spacer.png

The product description goes on to say that it is to celebrate 100 years of playing as the Bulldogs, which is kinda cool, I guess.

Now as to the actual design:

-It’s black. The overall style is fairly similar to our usually black jerseys with the red collars and cuffs. However, it would be a shame to wear this instead of our regular black jerseys. This one leans on the corny side while our regular blacks are some of the best alternates in college ball and are criminally underused.

-Classic block font for all the traditionalists. No contrasting red outline.

-The dog collar is cheesy but I could maybe live with it if that was the only questionable design element. Makes me think of the old FSU design with the tribal pattern on the collar. If they left it at that, I think it would be a subtle and okay alternate for a one-off. That brings me to my next point.

-Hate the bulldog logos on the sleeves. Georgia should never wear such things.

-You’ll notice that the sleeve logos have “100” in the same spot that the “G” normally sits.

I think that it's a fan jersey since the numbers are standard block rather than Georgia's team specific number font. 

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Rutgers Scarlet Knights Unveil New Uniforms

August 3, 2020 - 16:26 PM

Rutgers rehired Greg Schiano this offseason in hopes of resurrecting the program he led to six bowl appearances during his first stint as head coach (2001-2011), so it should come as no surprise the Scarlet Knights unveiled new uniforms on Monday afternoon that resemble what they wore when he last

Read More...

It’s becoming annoyingly common for teams to revert to a previous look whilst completely botching one of the design elements. In this case, the omission of contrasting collars. A minor gripe I know but also a lack of attention to detail. 

Midway.png

33 minutes ago, Midway said:

It’s becoming annoyingly common for teams to revert to a previous look whilst completely botching one of the design elements. In this case, the omission of contrasting collars. A minor gripe I know but also a lack of attention to detail. 

The contrasting collar is still there. It's just really small compared to what they previously wore (especially in the front) thanks to adidas' template. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Fresno State new Adidas uniforms

Not bad...the red helmet with the red jersey will always be the best look. The blue jersey is pretty cool though. 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.