College Football 2020

Kevin W.

2 hours ago, guest23 said:

Pulled from the uni watch ticker that ucla is talking to other suppliers https://247sports.com/college/ucla/Article/UCLA-Bruins-Basketball-Football-UCLA-Working-on-Deal-Sources-149732663/

Outside of the other 2 players who is really a viable supplier? I can't think of a worse economic time for the bruins to secure another supplier. Neither nike or adidas are going to break the piggy bank given the state of the consumer economy and sports retail. Combine that with a cfb season that's looking rather tenuous (especially in the p12), ucla has no leverage so they will be lucky to get the equivalent of a vetereran's minumum/show me deal for the next 1-2 seasons. 

Who's the fourth company?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

19 hours ago, guest23 said:

I think this was rationalized/sold as a raiders to vegas kind of deal, the amount of b10 alumni in the tri-state was a large enough number that they would go to rutgers to catch their school play within a short drive. The other benefit was giving psu an additional home game as scheduling permitted.

People also forget that at the time the deals to bring Rutgers and Maryland into the Big 10 in late 2012, Rutgers football wasn't the complete garbage fire it has been recently. They had a winning record in 7 of their prior 8 seasons and were a consistent bowl presence. Even in their first year in the big ten, they had a winning record overall and a bowl appearance. Combine that with the new york media market being more readily accessible and it at least kiiiiind of makes sense at the time. Of course, even back then the move was questioned.

• Like 4

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

2 hours ago, Tracy MidGrady said:

New Balance, Puma & Champion are the only brands I can think of but i have seen any of the active in football recently, unless it's a start up

Starter or Phenom Elite are the only other ones I can recall making uniforms for upper level teams. Champion and Wilson as well as Riddell still make uniforms but that stops at high school. I think Phenom is making uniforms for Maine. 

https://images.app.goo.gl/8UNTSfupozCJXjBc7

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

18 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Starter or Phenom Elite are the only other ones I can recall making uniforms for upper level teams. Champion and Wilson as well as Riddell still make uniforms but that stops at high school. I think Phenom is making uniforms for Maine. 

https://images.app.goo.gl/8UNTSfupozCJXjBc7

New Balance does Maine's uniform (any reason to post this image)

spacer.png

• Like 17

JeKhnr9.png

On 8/4/2020 at 9:09 AM, Magic Dynasty said:

Painfully generic. Take off the name on the front and that could be any red/white/blue team in college football.

This is Fresno State though. They've always had a generic look, besides the side panels with Nike.

s_team.jpg

5be4ee5d9fc2d.image.jpg?resize=400%2C275

Fresno-State-uni1.jpg?fit=1024%2C1024

This last one isn't generic per se, but it was straight from the Nike catalog as opposed to having a bespoken set for themselves. And chrome doesn't really fit them either.

• Like 3

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 minute ago, MJWalker45 said:

This is Fresno State though. They've always had a generic look, besides the side panels with Nike.

s_team.jpg

5be4ee5d9fc2d.image.jpg?resize=400%2C275

Fresno-State-uni1.jpg?fit=1024%2C1024

This last one isn't generic per se, but it was straight from the Nike catalog as opposed to having a bespoken set for themselves. And chrome doesn't really fit them either.

Yeah they needed to get away from the catalog looks. Painfully boring yes, but it's their shtick. 

Could have brought back the drop shadow for something different, but I'm not the one designing the uniforms.  

AmPJ0Ty.png 

11 minutes ago, colinturner95 said:

Yeah they needed to get away from the catalog looks. Painfully boring yes, but it's their shtick. 

Could have brought back the drop shadow for something different, but I'm not the one designing the uniforms.  

Does anyone know why the 1 in the catalog version of the miami font was so disproportionally thick compared to the other numbers?

24 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I always like the 90s looks that are "generic" but also not really bad...

10 Greatest Fresno State Bulldogs (since 1967)

(also posting this picture because of Amazon Statcast prototype version 0.1 on the sidelines)

The sleeve stripes always looked good too: 

Selling Fresno State Bulldogs Football cards offered here ...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.