Kevin W.

College Football 2020

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, guest23 said:

Pulled from the uni watch ticker that ucla is talking to other suppliers https://247sports.com/college/ucla/Article/UCLA-Bruins-Basketball-Football-UCLA-Working-on-Deal-Sources-149732663/

 

Outside of the other 2 players who is really a viable supplier? I can't think of a worse economic time for the bruins to secure another supplier. Neither nike or adidas are going to break the piggy bank given the state of the consumer economy and sports retail. Combine that with a cfb season that's looking rather tenuous (especially in the p12), ucla has no leverage so they will be lucky to get the equivalent of a vetereran's minumum/show me deal for the next 1-2 seasons. 

Who's the fourth company?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New Balance, Puma & Champion are the only brands I can think of but i haven't seen any of them active in football recently, unless it's a start up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, guest23 said:

 

I think this was rationalized/sold as a raiders to vegas kind of deal, the amount of b10 alumni in the tri-state was a large enough number that they would go to rutgers to catch their school play within a short drive. The other benefit was giving psu an additional home game as scheduling permitted.

 

People also forget that at the time the deals to bring Rutgers and Maryland into the Big 10 in late 2012, Rutgers football wasn't the complete garbage fire it has been recently. They had a winning record in 7 of their prior 8 seasons and were a consistent bowl presence. Even in their first year in the big ten, they had a winning record overall and a bowl appearance. Combine that with the new york media market being more readily accessible and it at least kiiiiind of makes sense at the time. Of course, even back then the move was questioned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tracy MidGrady said:

New Balance, Puma & Champion are the only brands I can think of but i have seen any of the active in football recently, unless it's a start up

Starter or Phenom Elite are the only other ones I can recall making uniforms for upper level teams. Champion and Wilson as well as Riddell still make uniforms but that stops at high school. I think Phenom is making uniforms for Maine. 

https://images.app.goo.gl/8UNTSfupozCJXjBc7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Starter or Phenom Elite are the only other ones I can recall making uniforms for upper level teams. Champion and Wilson as well as Riddell still make uniforms but that stops at high school. I think Phenom is making uniforms for Maine. 

https://images.app.goo.gl/8UNTSfupozCJXjBc7

 

New Balance does Maine's uniform (any reason to post this image)

 

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, mgdmhl said:

 

New Balance does Maine's uniform (any reason to post this image)

 

spacer.png

If there is a Schedule Poster Hall of Fame, this has to be in it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/4/2020 at 9:09 AM, Magic Dynasty said:

Painfully generic. Take off the name on the front and that could be any red/white/blue team in college football.

This is Fresno State though. They've always had a generic look, besides the side panels with Nike.

Image

s_team.jpg

5be4ee5d9fc2d.image.jpg?resize=400%2C275

Fresno-State-uni1.jpg?fit=1024%2C1024

This last one isn't generic per se, but it was straight from the Nike catalog as opposed to having a bespoken set for themselves. And chrome doesn't really fit them either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MJWalker45 said:

This is Fresno State though. They've always had a generic look, besides the side panels with Nike.

Image

s_team.jpg

5be4ee5d9fc2d.image.jpg?resize=400%2C275

Fresno-State-uni1.jpg?fit=1024%2C1024

This last one isn't generic per se, but it was straight from the Nike catalog as opposed to having a bespoken set for themselves. And chrome doesn't really fit them either.

Yeah they needed to get away from the catalog looks. Painfully boring yes, but it's their shtick. 

 

Could have brought back the drop shadow for something different, but I'm not the one designing the uniforms.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, colinturner95 said:

Yeah they needed to get away from the catalog looks. Painfully boring yes, but it's their shtick. 

 

Could have brought back the drop shadow for something different, but I'm not the one designing the uniforms.  

 

Does anyone know why the 1 in the catalog version of the miami font was so disproportionally thick compared to the other numbers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

This is Fresno State though. They've always had a generic look, besides the side panels with Nike.

Image

 

I always like the 90s looks that are "generic" but also not really bad...

 

10 Greatest Fresno State Bulldogs (since 1967)

(also posting this picture because of Amazon Statcast prototype version 0.1 on the sidelines)

 

The sleeve stripes always looked good too: 

 

Selling Fresno State Bulldogs Football cards offered here ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

CCU still doesn't have a consistent number font. 🙄

What are you talking about?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, dont care said:

What are you talking about?

 

Coastal Carolina I think...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2020 at 4:05 PM, mgdmhl said:

 

New Balance does Maine's uniform (any reason to post this image)

 

spacer.png

 

We'll, they are called the Bears.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2020 at 10:05 PM, mgdmhl said:

 

New Balance does Maine's uniform (any reason to post this image)

 

spacer.png

 

enlu2k8g9kg21.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/7/2020 at 10:50 PM, razorback447 said:


Are those jerseys corduroy? 

Its just how the Adidas Primeknit A1 jersey looks. Grey seems to be the worst for showing the stretch pattern.

 

495258.JPEG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.