College Football 2020

Kevin W.

1 hour ago, panthers_2012 said:

That OR it'll be revived in the spring (hopefully).

Possibly dependent on a vaccine? It would be an interesting season not only because of the odd timing/circumstance, but it would mean many of the known stars in the league would opt out for good reason. I wonder if any OOC games make it into a spring season, were it to happen.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, guest23 said:

Setting the over/under at 48 hours that this thread will be in remembrance of the cfb season that never was.

Figures that that happens when I finally get the chance to start such an important thread.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

12 hours ago, -Akronite- said:

Possibly dependent on a vaccine? It would be an interesting season not only because of the odd timing/circumstance, but it would mean many of the known stars in the league would opt out for good reason. I wonder if any OOC games make it into a spring season, were it to happen.

I am having a hard time conceptualizing what a spring season would look like with regard to timing and amount of games. I guess you could do it like baseball and play after the school year ends but then you are probably encroaching on the '21 fall season unless you modify that. Would a 6-8 game mini season satisfy the rabid fan bases? Granted offseason programs have become overblown but I would think players would need around 8-10 weeks of downtime before going back into camp for the next season. Overall this whole thing is a colossal mess and the prudent thing to do would be to cancel the season and start '21 with a totally clean slate.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, guest23 said:

I am having a hard time conceptualizing what a spring season would look like with regard to timing and amount of games. 

I'd look at the old WLAF schedule. Games started in mid-March and the season ended in June. So if you push the start up to mid-February, play 10 weeks with no byes, you'd have the regular season end on April 10th, conference championships the 17th, two weeks for bowl games spread across the tow weeks. The semi-finals would be played May 8th, and the championship on May 15th or 17th, depending on what they decide to do. That gives basketball March Madness, which would probably move from Thursday-Sunday to Monday-

Thursday. Baseball would have June as it usually does. The actual winner in this could be the XFL which could sit out until 2022 and figure out how to make a better spring product by watching how college football does. Every level will be playing so there's a lot of data to crunch. For most schools, they'll end their season at the same time they normally would for spring football. The rest would be adding up to an extra month of football. The real question is if the NFL would consider moving the draft into that space between the semi-fiinals and the championship, similar to what the WNBA did with their drafts in previous years. 

• Like 3

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

They'll be some of the few uniforms to see the field this fall since the SEC's boosters will fight tooth and nail to make sure that the teams play.

I won't specify why they'll fight for it, of course.

• Like 2

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

8 hours ago, Kevin W. said:

They'll be some of the few uniforms to see the field this fall since the SEC's boosters will fight tooth and nail to make sure that the teams play.

I won't specify why they'll fight for it, of course.

Less than 50% of schools at FBS are still planning to play this fall. Sun Belt teams are taking their lead from the SEC. I almost want to see a fall and spring season happen. I'd love to see the CFP try figuring out what to do. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 minute ago, Tracy MidGrady said:

The college football uniforms fanfare used to be so robust, even before covid it has really died down the past couple years.

I think the lack of spring games hurt presentation timelines this year. You'd also have recruits slipping up and taking pictures of new gear. Schools have gotten better at delaying the chances of leaks. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

10 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

New A&M uniforms will debut tomorrow. The helmet will be glossy and have a white facemask based on the teaser.

Looks like a slight gray outline on the logo? Could be just an effect from the decal (edit: yeah I think it's just the decal). We'll find out soon enough...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I'm sad that they've gone away from the shoulder stripes, that was a unique and iconic look that they owned. The new uniforms aren't bad, and I understand that they have history behind them, but there was no reason to ditch the old set.

• Like 10

ExJworW.png

13 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

I'm sad that they've gone away from the shoulder stripes, that was a unique and iconic look that they owned. The new uniforms aren't bad, and I understand that they have history behind them, but there was no reason to ditch the old set.

19 minutes ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Confirmed its the 1998 throwbacks but with the current aTm logo and plain white numbers rather than faux-screen printed numbers.

Would be better as the alternate. Like Magic said, they should have kept using the shoulder stripes. 

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I think these look great for A&M. Prefer these over the shoulder stripes...the shoulder stripes would be a good alternate. Making the numbers flat instead of a beveled is definitely an upgrade. The new number font is an upgrade. Wish the cuffs were white, or it would have been great if they brought back the collar design from the 90s. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Was really hoping to see maroon collars and cuffs on the away uniforms. Adidas fan jerseys are vastly inferior to what Nike produces.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the new custom number font. I’m not a fan of the trend of random notches in numbers but these look very subtle. Overall, a massive upgrade with the return of glossy helmets and white face mask with an enlarged wordmark. As an Aggie, I really like the look.  I do think white socks would be much better than black.

• Like 5