College Football 2020

Kevin W.

6 minutes ago, BVZ said:

Was really hoping to see maroon collars and cuffs on the away uniforms. Adidas fan jerseys are vastly inferior to what Nike produces.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the new custom number font. I’m not a fan of the trend of random notches in numbers but these look very subtle. Overall, a massive upgrade with the return of glossy helmets and white face mask with an enlarged wordmark. As an Aggie, I really like the look.  I do think white socks would be much better than black.

It's Prime Block with random notches. I'm not sure what non-adidas font is close to it but I know there's one out there. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, mjd77 said:

I'd bet almost anything there won't be a spring season either.  You're gonna ask these kids to play 2 seasons in less than a calendar year?  Not happening.

that's the funny thing about it.
colleges: shut down fall sports for the sake of the safety/health of the student athlete.
also, colleges: hey student athletes don't worry! we can do spring football! you don't mind playing 2 seasons in the span of 4-months..... right? 

2 hours ago, mjd77 said:

I'd bet almost anything there won't be a spring season either.  You're gonna ask these kids to play 2 seasons in less than a calendar year?  Not happening.

I'm thinking that if they do, it'll be like 6-8 games at most. Then they could maybe do a 10 game regular season in fall 2021. 

• Like 1

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

6 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Confirmed its the 1998 throwbacks but with the current aTm logo and plain white numbers rather than faux-screen printed numbers.

They aren't bad. I mean I feel like I'm nitpicking at this point, but I do miss the shoulder stripes already. And the font is a little bit of a head scratcher. They already had a font that matched the wordmark, and didn't have the dumb barbed wired accents. Overall, it feels like a push. 

• Like 2

AmPJ0Ty.png 

New helmet option for TCU? Last year they had tapered stripes on every helmet, they only had stain helmets, and no helmet had a white stripe. The stripe could be just for practice purposes...but the finish on the helmet is definitely newish. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Texas A&M Aggies Unveil New Uniforms

August 12, 2020 - 21:25 PM

Texas A&M athletic director Ross Bjork and senior quarterback Kellen Mond hinted at new uniforms during a back and forth on social media this spring, so it should come as no surprise the Aggies delivered a new but familiar look for the 2020 season on Wednesday morning. The new uniforms

Read More...

12 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Less than 50% of schools at FBS are still planning to play this fall. Sun Belt teams are taking their lead from the SEC. I almost want to see a fall and spring season happen. I'd love to see the CFP try figuring out what to do. 

Been wondering this myself.  If the ACC & SEC keep their plans to play fall ball, are the winners (let's say Clemson and Alabama) supposed to sit idle until June waiting for the other conferences to finish their seasons so they can then begin the playoffs?

42 minutes ago, Lucas718 said:

Been wondering this myself.  If the ACC & SEC keep their plans to play fall ball, are the winners (let's say Clemson and Alabama) supposed to sit idle until June waiting for the other conferences to finish their seasons so they can then begin the playoffs?

I’m assuming no playoffs, no bowl games even and instead a national champion will be voted on by coaches poll at the end.

• Like 2

I have mixed feelings about Texas A&M. Yes, they finally got rid of the gray and the bevels, but those shoulder stripes were uniquely A&M. Now they mostly just look like a maroon Texas. I think it's a lateral move IMO, would've chosen something like this if I was the AD.2Tv7Q7k.png

• Like 2

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

20 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Here are the super :censored:ty fan replica uniforms for $74.99. They couldn't even get the enlarged team name right. The previous version had the "shoulder stripes" on the sleeves only and no actual stripes on the shoulder

Z8GZ9Fk.png

jqkAJxL.png

PldjAvK.png

D0jVIXc.png

My Browns Denz Ward jersey is completely sublimated, but at least it looks like it wasn't assembled 5 minutes before it shipped.

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

17 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

What a massive downgrade, this just sucks. The racing stripes and beveled font were a really good look for A&M, but now they can emulate Arkansas and Alabama in the name of nostalgia I guess. At this point Mississippi State might as well just remove all of their striping and secondary colors to show solidarity.

• Like 1

spacer.png

On 8/2/2020 at 11:15 AM, aawagner011 said:

Is this a fashion jersey or to be worn on field?

spacer.png

spacer.png

The product description goes on to say that it is to celebrate 100 years of playing as the Bulldogs, which is kinda cool, I guess.

Now as to the actual design:

-It’s black. The overall style is fairly similar to our usually black jerseys with the red collars and cuffs. However, it would be a shame to wear this instead of our regular black jerseys. This one leans on the corny side while our regular blacks are some of the best alternates in college ball and are criminally underused.

-Classic block font for all the traditionalists. No contrasting red outline.

-The dog collar is cheesy but I could maybe live with it if that was the only questionable design element. Makes me think of the old FSU design with the tribal pattern on the collar. If they left it at that, I think it would be a subtle and okay alternate for a one-off. That brings me to my next point.

-Hate the bulldog logos on the sleeves. Georgia should never wear such things.

-You’ll notice that the sleeve logos have “100” in the same spot that the “G” normally sits.

Could you post a link of where you found this? I'm actually interested in maybe getting one.  Thanks! @aawagner011

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Tracy MidGrady said:

The players don't seem that enthused

Yea they failed in even making their target audience excited. They all are like “it’s a little plain, but it’s cool” because they know they are on camera and can’t say “yea these are :censored: and our old uniforms were better”

• Like 1