College Football 2020

Kevin W.

Closer look at Virginia’s updated set that will be on display against Duke on Saturday. Key points: 1) Updated V-Sabre one one side of the helmet, numerals, in the new font and with an outline (unlike the jerseys) on the other; 2) one of the new secondary logos is being used as a helmet achievement decal, which is a first for the program; and 3) the helmet’s back bumper features “VIRGINIA” in the new font.spacer.png

spacer.png

On 9/23/2020 at 5:37 PM, See Red said:

I can't remember if we already knew but it looks like the Gators will be wearing last year's homecoming uniform again this season.  I much prefer that shade of blue.

2y61ulm36yo51.jpg

I mean, I get why the striping on the orange sleeves are different, but that doesn't mean it doesn't annoy me.

I also feel like the alt. should have orange-white-orange UCLA stripes.

• Like 3

Tennessee has both a social justice patch and a memorial patch. This has resulted in the SEC patch finding a new, unusual home above the Nike swoosh. The conference logo is usually opposite the swoosh. The only other location we’ve seen SEC teams place the logo is a smaller patch on the collar such as LSU, the Florida throwback, and the upcoming Georgia throwback. 

• Like 3

Oklahoma State Cowboys Unveil 1987 Throwback Uniforms

September 25, 2020 - 18:38 PM

The Oklahoma State football program will wear 1987 throwback uniforms this Saturday against West Virginia in honor of former running back Thurman Thomas, who will become the first player inducted into the Cowboys’ ring of honor at halftime.  Thomas, whose No. 34 will be unveiled atop the west end zone

Read More...

• Like 3

On 9/23/2020 at 4:17 PM, tron1013 said:

spacer.png

South Carolina has updated the black helmet and black pants to match last year’s carried over fauxback.

Overall, I really like them, but I don't see why we continue to keep the the fauxback mesh look for the numbers. Sticks out like a sore thumb, and we were these often enough now that we can't honestly call them special "throw back" jerseys - they're just our black jerseys. Closer look at number fabric from last year:

spacer.png

• Like 1

Auburn will be adding a memorial decal and field design for the late head coach Pat Dye

The design features "Sixty Minutes," which is a reference to Dye' introduction press conference when a reporter asked him how long it would take to beat Alabama (Auburn had a 9 game loosing streak).

The helmet decal has 60 orange and blue stripes around the circle to further tie into the quote. The on-field logo has a solid orange circle.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

42 minutes ago, lahaye7 said:

Ole Miss looks ok in the powder blue tops (they need red stripe bw the white ones, and pants need stripes (powder and red maybe) 

Feels like they didn't put them next to their regular pants until yesterday and didn't realize they needed a powder blue stripe so they went with practice pants.

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

9 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

Texas Tech with the throwbacks today.

Did anyone else flashback to Texas A&M giving Eric Dickerson a car and getting mad because they couldn't admit it when he jumped to SMU? Hahahaha!!!!

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Not a fan of the Ole Miss alt. It’s overkill and too much of a color that’s not typical for them. The powder blue helmet worked when worn with the red and white jerseys because it was a small part of the overall uniform and it highlighted the red on the jersey and pants. It worked because the total package was traditional and cohesive. This powder blue jersey is totally disconnected from everything else. The helmet has a lot of red but there’s not a lick of it on the top or the pants. Also, the helmet has always looked like it has a hint of steel blue in it but the jersey is straight up sky blue. Wouldn’t miss them if we never saw them again. Don’t get me wrong, though, Ole Miss should make the powder blue lid the primary. It’s one of the best in all of college football.

• Like 1

I've never liked Ole Miss' (Ole Misses? Ole Ma'ams?) football look. They have the same problems the Giants have where the colour usage (including the addition of grey) and striping aren't consistent across parts of the uniform, but the Ole Miss issues are magnified by the extra combinations they have.

Like the set in the post above has a powder blue helmet with a red stripe and a red fonted logo, then there's a powder blue jersey with white stripes and no red, and then plain white pants with neither powder blue nor red.

Their uniforms are like those word ladder puzzles where you have a word at the start and you have to change one letter at a time to make a new word and continue doing that until you get to the end word. We'll start with a powder blue/red/white helmet then go to a red/white jersey and then end with grey/navy blue/red pants.

1173668895.jpeg

IbjBaeE.png