College Football 2020

Kevin W.

28 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Not a fan of the Ole Miss alt. It’s overkill and too much of a color that’s not typical for them. The powder blue helmet worked when worn with the red and white jerseys because it was a small part of the overall uniform and it highlighted the red on the jersey and pants. It worked because the total package was traditional and cohesive. This powder blue jersey is totally disconnected from everything else. The helmet has a lot of red but there’s not a lick of it on the top or the pants. Also, the helmet has always looked like it has a hint of steel blue in it but the jersey is straight up sky blue. Wouldn’t miss them if we never saw them again. Don’t get me wrong, though, Ole Miss should make the powder blue lid the primary. It’s one of the best in all of college football.

Yeah, I haven’t liked the powder blue jerseys nearly as much as I thought I would. The helmet and jersey not completely matching certainly doesn’t help, and neither does the plain pants.

• Like 2

ExJworW.png

Texas Tech's throwbacks today are better than their regular uniforms. I always liked the black helmet look over the white throwback helmet. It reminds me of the early 90s Maryland uniforms (black helmet, red facemask, w/r/w stripes, red jersey, white pants)...but I really liked that look too back in the day. 

Virginia looks good, but they need a navy facemask instead of gray, plus white/orange/white is their best look. 

Georgia looks good...it's a good looking throwback.

Overall, Oklahoma State has the best uni of the day, IMO. 

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Not a fan of the Ole Miss alt. It’s overkill and too much of a color that’s not typical for them. The powder blue helmet worked when worn with the red and white jerseys because it was a small part of the overall uniform and it highlighted the red on the jersey and pants. It worked because the total package was traditional and cohesive. This powder blue jersey is totally disconnected from everything else. The helmet has a lot of red but there’s not a lick of it on the top or the pants. Also, the helmet has always looked like it has a hint of steel blue in it but the jersey is straight up sky blue. Wouldn’t miss them if we never saw them again. Don’t get me wrong, though, Ole Miss should make the powder blue lid the primary. It’s one of the best in all of college football.

I definitely wasn't expecting those jerseys to be THAT light a shade--then again, sunshine is what it is.  But I also believe we're looking at something that could well serve as a base for a completely reversioned Ole Miss identity overhaul--across the entire spectrum.  With so much change abounding in the state now, this would be a perfect opportunity to adopt the egg blue (or whatever they call it) as their official blue in place of the navy.

I think Lane Kiffin's jersey is also probably closer to their ideal shade of egg blue (it also shows how different the two shades are):

Ei2RBS2WsAAtmMx?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Army wearing black helmets and black pants against Cincinnati in all-black is downright criminal. 

I don’t like Georgia’s throwbacks. It’s also always bothered me that they use black numbers on their road jerseys. 

Texas Tech’s throwbacks look good. Hate the red facemask though. Needs to be either black or gray. 

Anyone else still having trouble getting used to seeing players wear number 0? I get the need for it, but it just looks odd on a football jersey. I must say though, I think 00 looks pretty good on a football jersey. 

PS: LSU vs. Miss. St. is probably my favorite looking game of the day so far. 

• Like 3

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

30 minutes ago, GriffinM6 said:

Anyone else still having trouble getting used to seeing players wear number 0? I get the need for it, but it just looks odd on a football jersey. I must say though, I think 00 looks pretty good on a football jersey. 

PS: LSU vs. Miss. St. is probably my favorite looking game of the day so far. 

Yeah, I'd much prefer 00 if they have to use it at all. 0 just doesn't look right.

ExJworW.png

3 hours ago, GriffinM6 said:

Today with was the first time I noticed players wearing zero. Looks better with certain number fonts than others. So far I've only seen skill position players wearing it. Waiting to see a big 300 plus lb defensive tackle where zero lol

I can accept single zero being a jersey number, but I can never accept double zero when I see it in sports. I see no point in the number zero being represented with two digits. At the end of the day,  0+0=0. Double zero is a mascot jersey number to me 🤷🏾‍♂️

SN: When did Louisiana-Lafayette start going by just "Louisiana"? 

Hotter Than July > Thriller

1 hour ago, 4_tattoos said:

Not to self promote but I have my own mathematical college football algorithm ranking, and I programmed it 2 years ago under “Louisiana Lafayette”

now this has become the norm on me and I hate hate hate it. I’m from PA and to me it’s always been LSU, LA Tech, Louisiana Lafayette, and Louisiana Monroe. 

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

Lafayette has secretly started referring to themselves solely as Louisiana the last few years and I'm no fan of it, personally. There's always been talk about some lawsuit between them, Louisiana-Monroe, and LSU as to why there is no one team that refers to themselves as "Louisiana" for all these years. Don't know the legitimacy of that or the terms, but it sure feels like UL-L has just disregarded it now. I still refer to them with the city name for my own sanity's sake.

• Like 2

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

On 9/26/2020 at 10:08 PM, Clintau24 said:

Lafayette has secretly started referring to themselves solely as Louisiana the last few years and I'm no fan of it, personally. There's always been talk about some lawsuit between them, Louisiana-Monroe, and LSU as to why there is no one team that refers to themselves as "Louisiana" for all these years. Don't know the legitimacy of that or the terms, but it sure feels like UL-L has just disregarded it now. I still refer to them with the city name for my own sanity's sake.

The story I heard was that they wanted to change from Southwestern Louisiana to just Louisiana but the politicians got involved and said they couldn't do that unless they used the city name and I think they had to get somebody else on board (Northeast Louisiana becoming Louisiana-Monroe). Maybe for athletics they don't have to adhere to that, similar to schools going by names that aren't quite their actual university names (California State University Fresno going by just Fresno State or University of Arkansas at Little Rock using just Little Rock).

I've usually just called the two Louisiana schools by their city name or their initials, but if I were to just say Louisiana at this point nobody would be confused on which one I mean. On the internet I will often just call them the Cajuns because nobody will be annoyed by that one.

Edited by Red Wolf
Used "there" instead of "their" like a dingus.
  • Like 2

Interesting observation on number fonts. A few years ago, both LSU and Ole Miss used to have that Nike template with the super thick collars with the Flywire. Both schools tried a new approach to the UCLA stripes where they came much farther down the armpits. This resulted in them needing a narrower number font to fit the space. I’m pretty sure both schools used the same identical font.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Since then, both schools have transitioned to the Vapor Untouchable template which uses shorter shoulder stripes. LSU has continued to use the skinny font whereas Ole Miss has reverted back to the regular numbers.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2

12 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Today with was the first time I noticed players wearing zero. Looks better with certain number fonts than others. So far I've only seen skill position players wearing it. Waiting to see a big 300 plus lb defensive tackle where zero lol

I can accept single zero being a jersey number, but I can never accept double zero when I see it in sports. I see no point in the number zero being represented with two digits. At the end of the day,  0+0=0. Double zero is a mascot jersey number to me 🤷🏾‍♂️

I agree, the same reason 01-09 aren’t used and shouldn’t be used