College Football 2020

Kevin W.

4 minutes ago, KJTALBOT said:

This is one of the worst uniforms I have ever seen. It breaks all of the 3 Cs for good design. CONTRAST. COLOR and CONSISTENCY. It is wretched when Pitt has a beautiful, bright colored jersey and helmet combo. The panther logo would work if it were blue on the yellow helmet. 

Since the idea is that they're coming off the work floor of a steel mill it makes sense for how it's designed. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Did it bother anyone else besides me that the numbers on Virginia’s helmets are blue outlined in orange while the logo is orange outlined in blue? I guess maybe their thought process was playing off the orange and blue stripes on the helmet but it just looks off to me. The number side feels heavy because it’s blue when compared to all the orange on the other side. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2

I assume they're trying to match the helmet numbers to the numbers on the corresponding colour jersey. The white jerseys have blue numbers, so the white helmets have blue numbers. Same thing with the blue jerseys having white numbers and blue helmets having white numbers.

That doesn't explain why the helmet numbers have outlines and the jersey numbers don't though...

Also doesn't explain going with a logo on one side and the numbers on the other. Just pick either, don't do both.

• Like 6

IbjBaeE.png

41 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

I assume they're trying to match the helmet numbers to the numbers on the corresponding colour jersey. The white jerseys have blue numbers, so the white helmets have blue numbers. Same thing with the blue jerseys having white numbers and blue helmets having white numbers.

That doesn't explain why the helmet numbers have outlines and the jersey numbers don't though...

Also doesn't explain going with a logo on one side and the numbers on the other. Just pick either, don't do both.

I agree and strongly advocate for the V-Sabre on both sides of the helmet AND tweaking the jerseys to add a contrasting outline/stroke to the numbers, so an orange outline for the white numbers on the navy jersey, a navy outline for the white numbers on the orange jersey, and going back to orange numbers with a navy outline on the white jersey, like so:

spacer.png

Saturday was a big day for Auburn uniforms.

The Tigers honored the late head coach Pat Dye with a special helmet decal that also appeared on the field (with a solid orange outline, however)

Current head coach Gus Malzahn dressed up as Dye for the game, which was really cool

And Auburn added a social justice patch to the jersey, the "Auburn Unity" logo that was first announced Sept. 10 with the “Together We Will” initiative, which is set to raise funds to recruit and retain minority students.

The patch really got lost on the navy jerseys, and I image the same will happen on the white jerseys this weekend.

More information of everything from Saturday on my site: https://auburnuniforms.com/2020/09/28/pat-dye-social-justice-patch-for-auburn-football/

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

I’m absolutely intrigued by that UCF crest thing, being the golden knights thats a cool connection with heraldry right off the bat. It seems like the perfect combo of quirky detail while still being simple enough to comprehend at a glance. Kinda geeking about it, but if I was a player I’d think it was kickass. 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Since the idea is that they're coming off the work floor of a steel mill it makes sense for how it's designed. 

It was a bad idea from the start. Leave the steel mill innuendo to the pro team that you share a stadium with. Since pitt is an institution of higher learning why not have student-athletes commemorate more scholarly pursuits?

8 hours ago, guest23 said:

It was a bad idea from the start. Leave the steel mill innuendo to the pro team that you share a stadium with. Since pitt is an institution of higher learning why not have student-athletes commemorate more scholarly pursuits?

Why can't they honor part of the city's history? Should Louisville not have honored Muhammad Ali with their unis last year?

https://www.uniswag.com/blog/louisville-muhammad-ali-uniform

https://www.uniswag.com/blog/pitt-football-steel-uniform

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Why can't they honor part of the city's history? Should Louisville not have honored Muhammad Ali with their unis last year?

https://www.uniswag.com/blog/louisville-muhammad-ali-uniform

https://www.uniswag.com/blog/pitt-football-steel-uniform

Yes, it feels like colleges have become especially prone as of late to find tributes just so they have an excuse to market a special uniform.

Is it the programs themselves...or is it their suppliers??

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

11 minutes ago, Buc said:

Is it the programs themselves...or is it their suppliers??

I'd imagine if the programs didn't want to do things like this they would say no. In the case of Louisville, the city, Ali has gotten a lot of love since his issues with Parkinson's and after his death. For Pittsburgh, the steel workers have been, for lack of a better word, fetishized for years by every team that plays in Pittsburgh, not just the Steelers. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

21 hours ago, razorback447 said:

Did it bother anyone else besides me that the numbers on Virginia’s helmets are blue outlined in orange while the logo is orange outlined in blue? I guess maybe their thought process was playing off the orange and blue stripes on the helmet but it just looks off to me. The number side feels heavy because it’s blue when compared to all the orange on the other side. 

spacer.png

no. It bothers me that they don't have the primary logo on both sides of the helmet. 

• Like 7

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

14 hours ago, sleuthpanther said:

I’m absolutely intrigued by that UCF crest thing, being the golden knights thats a cool connection with heraldry right off the bat. It seems like the perfect combo of quirky detail while still being simple enough to comprehend at a glance. Kinda geeking about it, but if I was a player I’d think it was kickass. 

Just Knights. They haven't been Golden since 2007.

Re: the crests themselves, that's pretty cool. It's a nice personal touch that players will love.

ExJworW.png

17 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

UCF has released their player's personal crests.

Replacing the gold star in a circle with an * as below makes this accurate.

spacer.png

I get the recruiting hype train, but how does have 85 different "crests" promote the notion of a "uniform" jersey? And why are they relying on sub-Game of Thrones level "house" logos? Are these going to be helmet stickers? The whole thing is really bizarre and seems to promote individual players over the team. 

3 minutes ago, tron1013 said:

spacer.png

I get the recruiting hype train, but how does have 85 different "crests" promote the notion of a "uniform" jersey? And why are they relying on sub-Game of Thrones level "house" logos? Are these going to be helmet stickers? The whole thing is really bizarre and seems to promote individual players over the team. 

I'm thinking these won't actually be on the uniform, but will be somewhere in the facilities. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, tron1013 said:

spacer.png

Not sure how valuable this is, but I damn sure appreciate the detail