College Football 2020

Kevin W.

11 hours ago, razorback447 said:

Can we just be done with numbers on one side of the helmet? It looks bad no matter how you dress it up. 

Asymmetrical helmets always look bad. That includes the Steelers.

• Like 6

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

17 hours ago, j'villejags said:

I guess underwater reveals are a thing now. Are the Gators next?

bodNJhK.png

13nW3IK.png

Well, it is appropriate for Florida Atlantic to emerge from underwater, since their entire campus will be under the Atlantic within 10 years due to unchecked climate change.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, WideRight said:

Well, it is appropriate for Florida Atlantic to emerge from underwater, since their entire campus will be under the Atlantic within 10 years due to unchecked climate change.

3mm/yr x 10 years = 30 mm = 3 cm = 1.2 inches. 

Pretty sure 10 years is a bit aggressive to be making hyperbolic doomsday predictions. I mean, Boca Raton is 13 feet above sea level. 

• Like 8

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Pitt v NC State looks pretty good today. Also, somebody tell South Carolina that they never need to change anything stripe related. Just swap your black, garnet and white accordingly. Contrast stitching Vandy? Just no. Helmet looks nice I guess.

• Like 3

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

One of my biggest complaints when my alma mater, University of North Dakota, rebranded to Fighting Hawks several years ago was that they failed to introduce any secondary logos or even any variants on the primary -- which shows a Hawk facing to the right overlaid on an "ND." As a result, the football team used the logo on only one side and put the player's jersey number on the other side of the helmet.

spacer.png

It appears the may have rectified that situation, though I'm not sure I love the solution. The football team, which is playing a reduced spring schedule this year, has recently released some clips of its initial practices that show the logo now on both sides of the helmet. They didn't update the logo to have the hawk facing two ways, like the Ravens have done. On the left side of the helmet, the bird is looking backwards. 

I suppose it's possible that this is temporary, and they'll shift back to numbers on the helmets once the games start. While I don't like that the logo hasn't been modified, the helmet overall looks much better without the numbers on the side. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

One of my biggest complaints when my alma mater, University of North Dakota, rebranded to Fighting Hawks several years ago was that they failed to introduce any secondary logos or even any variants on the primary -- which shows a Hawk facing to the right overlaid on an "ND." As a result, the football team used the logo on only one side and put the player's jersey number on the other side of the helmet.

spacer.png

It appears the may have rectified that situation, though I'm not sure I love the solution. The football team, which is playing a reduced spring schedule this year, has recently released some clips of its initial practices that show the logo now on both sides of the helmet. They didn't update the logo to have the hawk facing two ways, like the Ravens have done. On the left side of the helmet, the bird is looking backwards. 

I suppose it's possible that this is temporary, and they'll shift back to numbers on the helmets once the games start. While I don't like that the logo hasn't been modified, the helmet overall looks much better without the numbers on the side. 

I don’t think there is any way of changing that logo to have the hawk facing the other way and still fit the letters. Also using the ravens as your example isn’t a good example since it’s probably the worse there is and shows there is no need for the “R” in their logo. What they could do is just isolate the hawk head for the helmet without using the letters at all.

5 hours ago, dont care said:

I don’t think there is any way of changing that logo to have the hawk facing the other way and still fit the letters. Also using the ravens as your example isn’t a good example since it’s probably the worse there is and shows there is no need for the “R” in their logo. What they could do is just isolate the hawk head for the helmet without using the letters at all.

There isn't an "R" in the Ravens' logo..

• Like 1

On 10/2/2020 at 7:46 PM, j'villejags said:

I guess underwater reveals are a thing now. Are the Gators next?

bodNJhK.png

13nW3IK.png

Miami did this about 3 years ago when they started those one game aqua color (parley??) uniforms made of recycled ocean garbage.

• Like 2
KISSwall09.jpg

14 hours ago, hormone said:

Miami did this about 3 years ago when they started those one game aqua color (parley??) uniforms made of recycled ocean garbage.

Miami Hurricanes Opponent Q&A: UVA preview with Streaking The Lawn - State  of The U

I liked the white versions better, but yup Miami did it first.

adidas x University of Miami: Parley for the Oceans Uniform - Sports News  and Entertainment Outlet

• Like 3

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

5 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Miami Hurricanes Opponent Q&A: UVA preview with Streaking The Lawn - State  of The U

I liked the white versions better, but yup Miami did it first.

adidas x University of Miami: Parley for the Oceans Uniform - Sports News  and Entertainment Outlet

These tend to be kind of weird, but Miami's at least made sense being that the uniforms were made from recycled ocean waste. 

I believe South Carolina did something similar the same year as Miami but i don't recall what the story was. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, dannykraft said:

Am I the only one who miss Arkansas old uniform? I get these are throwbacks but they look exactly like Oklahoma. I loved the tusks from the old uniform. 

I probably would love the new Razorbacks uniforms more if they had the Arkansas-specific font worn with the last uniform. One reason I didn't love the change back to a pure throwback look.

• Like 2

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

49 minutes ago, SSmith48 said:

I probably would love the new Razorbacks uniforms more if they had the Arkansas-specific font worn with the last uniform. One reason I didn't love the change back to a pure throwback look.

I imagine we’ll ditch the custom font, for football at least, pretty soon. The university actually just rolled out their own designed clothing this past week that all uses the font on the current jersey. I’d bet a majority of the fan base prefers it over the Nike font.