College Football 2020

Kevin W.

Iowa Hawkeyes To Wear Uniform Patch In Honor Of Late Coach Hayden Fry

October 8, 2020 - 20:27 PM

The Iowa football program will wear a patch on its right sleeve this season in honor of legendary coach John Hayden Fry, who passed away last December at the age of 90 following a lengthy battle with cancer. Fry, who also spent time as the head coach at SMU and

Read More...

Tulane looks pretty sharp tonight (ESPN). They just need to ditch the metallic finish decals and face masks. I've mentioned it before, but that finish makes the green on the decals and masks appear to a significantly lighter shade of green than the numbers and stripes on their uniforms. Closer to kelly green than the forest green it's supposed to be.

Not a fan of the cartoon angry wave logo, but don't hate it. The T wave lol would have looked better IMO.

Also: Never been a fan of UNC having white helmets or navy blue uniforms.

• Like 3

Hotter Than July > Thriller

In more FCS news, Florida A&M has acquired a new partnership with adidas, this will see the Rattlers make the move July of next year, to coincide with their move to the SWAC.

Meanwhile, their future conference-mate, Jackson State is also switching brands. They’ll be outfitted by Under Armour after acquiring Deion Sanders as their next head football coach. This will take place as soon as the Spring of 2021. Sanders is currently aligned with UA himself, so that could be pointed to as how it became reality.

It is also notable that both programs will be departing from Nike.

Link: https://hbcugameday.com/2020/09/24/famu-heading-to-adidas-jsu-following-deion-to-ua/

• Like 2

Gators going with the blue pants tomorrow. Assuming A&M will be in the standard maroon tops with white pants.

Should be a great looking matchup.

The last time Florida came to Kyle field was Manziel‘s first start and the Aggies first game in the SEC. A&M wore their new adidas uniforms with the shoulder stripes, while Florida (still outfitted by Nike) went all white the Orange lids. A&M lost by a field goal, which proved to be the difference in them going to the SEC championship game over Alabama.

11 hours ago, Jay_Mellowed said:

In more FCS news, Florida A&M has acquired a new partnership with adidas, this will see the Rattlers make the move July of next year, to coincide with their move to the SWAC.

Meanwhile, their future conference-mate, Jackson State is also switching brands. They’ll be outfitted by Under Armour after acquiring Deion Sanders as their next head football coach. This will take place as soon as the Spring of 2021. Sanders is currently aligned with UA himself, so that could be pointed to as how it became reality.

It is also notable that both programs will be departing from Nike.

Link: https://hbcugameday.com/2020/09/24/famu-heading-to-adidas-jsu-following-deion-to-ua/

I wondered how he'd deal with Nike if this didn't happen. Unfortunately he'll still be part of Barstool as well. I'm guessing most schools outside of the Power 5 can switch pretty much any time they want as long as they don't have a league wide uniforms deal like the HBCUs used to have. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

17 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Also: Never been a fan of UNC having white helmets or navy blue uniforms.

I always hate when UNC ventures from their carolina blue and white. 

• Like 2

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

52 minutes ago, lahaye7 said:

I always hate when UNC ventures from their carolina blue and white. 

They always look great when they stick to the four combos that come with carolina blue helmets, regular home and/or road jerseys, and carolina blue and/or white pants. Navy's a nice accent color for them but should never be the primary focus in their football sets. 

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.