College Football 2020

Kevin W.

7 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Maryland desperately needs something new. Get off the flag stuff, just work with the unique color scheme, find something from the past.  Somehow they're currently managing to be both over designed and boring at the same time.

Time to go back to script Terps on the helmets. Black glossy helmets with red script Terps, with red and white stripes, would look pretty awesome. 

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

8 minutes ago, nuordr said:

That is the best Louisville have looked in years! 

My favorite part is the striped leggings. This is what the NFL needs to go with so that the "sock" Striping could be consistent. 

Mississippi State also revealed/teased some black uniforms last night along the other adidas programs. No photos as of yet, but it looks to be devoid of all maroon, going black and white throughout.

• Like 1

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Maryland desperately needs something new. Get off the flag stuff, just work with the unique color scheme, find something from the past.  Somehow they're currently managing to be both over designed and boring at the same time.

This x 1000.

Under Armour has succeeded in making Maryland their Oregon, only for some reason there aren’t a million internet fanboys for whatever crap Maryland spews out each week. 

I’d also like to take this opportunity to post my favorite Maryland uniforms back from when Nike gave them a consistent identity that wasn’t just “our state flag threw up”. Probably controversial but I love them:

spacer.png

• Like 12

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

3 minutes ago, TenaciousG said:

Under Armour has succeeded in making Maryland their Oregon, only for some reason there aren’t a million internet fanboys for whatever crap Maryland spews out each week.

I'm sure part of that is because Oregon has played for two national titles, and Maryland lost by 40 to Northwestern this weekend.

• Like 14

6 minutes ago, TenaciousG said:

This x 1000.

I’d also like to take this opportunity to post my favorite Maryland uniforms back from when Nike gave them a consistent identity that wasn’t just “our state flag threw up”. Probably controversial but I love them:

spacer.png

That was the best maryland. I do prefer the M flag logo over the terps wordmark though. Black helmets were also a fine alt look for them.

13 hours ago, AJM said:

Arizona State 1975 throwbacks to be worn on Dec. 5

This is interesting to me. Years ago, didn't it seem like this sleeve treatment would be the wave of the future? It was like the uniform designers' answer to this modern era of mostly sleeveless football jerseys. Yet it never came to be, I presume because not every player chooses to wear a base layer in this way. 

I feel like it was Oregon State that rolled it out as a concept several years ago. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SSmith48 said:

Another Adidas team with what seems to be the alternate theme in blackouts:

This one... I just don't get. I understand the whole thing with the "black watch" defense, blah, blah, blah... but this just feels wrong on SO many levels.

I kinda like it because the jersey has a nostalgic feel (esp with the split stripes on the sleeves and the traditional number font). The helmet's not the worst I've seen (though not as good as the regular gold helmet) and at least the pants are gold. 

It's weird how they spent a lot of money to have adidas tell them they need to be gold white and navy...and now "Hey we're back to black again". 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Guaranteed Rate Named New Title Sponsor Of Arizona Bowl Game

October 26, 2020 - 20:22 PM

The Fiesta Bowl Organization recently announced Guaranteed Rate as the new title sponsor of the annual bowl game played at Chase Field in Phoenix, the home of Major League Baseball’s Arizona Diamondbacks.  “We’re excited to add one of the fastest-growing mortgage companies, and one that loves sports, into our family,”

Read More...

Florida To Wear Blue Helmets With 1960s Throwback Uniforms Against Missouri

October 26, 2020 - 21:12 PM

The Florida football program will once again wear 1960 throwback uniforms during its Oct. 31 homecoming game against Missouri, only this year’s rendition will also include a newly-unveiled blue helmet. The blue helmets feature a gray facemask, a multi-colored stripe down the middle and a Block “F” enclosed within a

Read More...

So I did so digging about the Black Watch design from Georgia Tech, and turns out this was a tradition during the 1985 for the defense to wear the all black helmet design in contrast to the offense. 

Not of fan of teams wearing BFBS but seeing it used to be a tradition it really doesn't bother me

5 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

Another Adidas team with what seems to be the alternate theme in blackouts:

This one... I just don't get. I understand the whole thing with the "black watch" defense, blah, blah, blah... but this just feels wrong on SO many levels.

Apparently all Notre Dame road games this year will be against teams wearing bad, unnecessary alternate jerseys.

• Like 5

6fQjS3M.png