College Football 2020

Kevin W.

9 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

spacer.png

Oddly enough I’ve seen a lot of Ducks fans say that those are one of their favorite looks from recent memory. Some Ducks fans hated it at the time and still hate it today, but there seems to be quite a few fans that are quite fond of it (surprising since they lost that game and that was part of the dreadful 2016 season). I thought it was a bit gimmicky at the time but thought it was still a fun, clever idea for a one-off. Looking back now I would never want them to do it again. It was memorable, but for me at least it’s nowhere near the top of my favorite and/or most memorable looks from recent years. Really that whole 2016 season kind of falls into that category because the team had a terrible year and the uniforms were disjointed and full of different one-off looks. I’m thrilled that they’ve returned to a more streamlined, cohesive look.

• Like 6

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

53 minutes ago, colinturner95 said:

I wonder, is that possibly where they got some inspiration for the banner uniforms? Took the racing stripe idea and made it their own since Texas A&M got similar uniforms in the same year? 

Yeah, I think that was definitely part of the idea behind it. Was very ill-timed though with Texas A&M joining the conference and giving them a uniform with such a similar concept.

Ultimately it all worked out though. Definitely intrigued to see what A&M rolls out this year.

56 minutes ago, pscf3 said:

Yeah, I think that was definitely part of the idea behind it. Was very ill-timed though with Texas A&M joining the conference and giving them a uniform with such a similar concept.

Ultimately it all worked out though. Definitely intrigued to see what A&M rolls out this year.

I've always wondered how those two super similar uniforms came out in the same year

Same here, I really hope they don't dump the racing stripes. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

20 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Oddly enough I’ve seen a lot of Ducks fans say that those are one of their favorite looks from recent memory. Some Ducks fans hated it at the time and still hate it today, but there seems to be quite a few fans that are quite fond of it (surprising since they lost that game and that was part of the dreadful 2016 season). I thought it was a bit gimmicky at the time but thought it was still a fun, clever idea for a one-off. Looking back now I would never want them to do it again. It was memorable, but for me at least it’s nowhere near the top of my favorite and/or most memorable looks from recent years. Really that whole 2016 season kind of falls into that category because the team had a terrible year and the uniforms were disjointed and full of different one-off looks. I’m thrilled that they’ve returned to a more streamlined, cohesive look.

This was by far the lowest point in oregon football uniform history.

13 minutes ago, guest23 said:

This was by far the lowest point in oregon football uniform history.

Nope, that distinction belongs to the 2006 Las Vegas Bowl combo with the original grello helmets:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

This is the single worst combo that the Ducks have ever worn IMO, and I think most Oregon fans would agree. Those original grello helmets are pretty much universally hated amongst the fanbase, and rightfully so.

• Like 13

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

8 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Nope, that distinction belongs to the 2006 Las Vegas Bowl combo with the original grello helmets:

spacer.png

This is the single worst combo that the Ducks have ever worn IMO, and I think most Oregon fans would agree. Those original grello helmets are pretty much universally hated amongst the fanbase, and rightfully so.

I wouldn’t mind seeing a team like USF wear these, although I feel like they’ve worn a very similar helmet to this recently.

On 4/12/2020 at 4:09 PM, upperV03 said:

Oddly enough I’ve seen a lot of Ducks fans say that those are one of their favorite looks from recent memory. Some Ducks fans hated it at the time and still hate it today, but there seems to be quite a few fans that are quite fond of it (surprising since they lost that game and that was part of the dreadful 2016 season). I thought it was a bit gimmicky at the time but thought it was still a fun, clever idea for a one-off. 

That's the perfect Duck jersey, tho. Wear that with a matching green helmet and yellow pants, and they'd never have to wear anything else IMO.

I love that color.

3 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

That's the perfect Duck jersey, tho. Wear that with a matching green helmet and yellow pants, and they'd never have to wear anything else IMO.

I love that color.

I did grow to like that jersey (and the matching white version they wore in 2017), but I think something closer to the 2015 Rose Bowl jerseys is what I’d consider the “perfect” Ducks jersey:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Personally I thought the 2015 Rose Bowl jersey (and set as a whole) was pretty much the perfect balance between flashy and classic with the tonal wings on the shoulder and the full-color Duck logo on the sleeves. I also didn’t think the black number outlines and “Ducks” wordmark on the 2016-17 green jersey were all that necessary, and in general prefer the solid yellow numbers on the 2015 RB jersey (and the current green jersey as well). The number font was pretty rough on the 2016-17 set too, and the Mariota-era font and the current font are both far superior. 

• Like 17

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

This isn’t news for 2020, but I just noticed details on a uniform from a decade ago that I had never seen before and thought I should share.

spacer.png

Did anyone know that they featured a rubberized stripe pattern on the shoulder? How did this escape me for this long?

spacer.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tron1013 said:

“Since A&M is dropping bevels let’s adopt them, and also use a Ninja Gaiden motif.”

-UVA Consultant

Looks like this tweet was deleted?

Anyone get a grab?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.