College Football 2020

Kevin W.

Only the service academies should be allowed to wear camo, anything else is just fake patriotism. 

• Like 15

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

9 hours ago, sleuthpanther said:

I Like the Florida set a lot.  It’s odd but just... pleasant to look at I guess. Hopefully it’s a sunny day so we can get a clean look at it!

It's a night game, so we won't see it in sunlight. I think they'll look good, but I prefer the white helmets to the blue.

ExJworW.png

11 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Oh :censored: no:

spacer.png

As a Penn State alum, I was hoping to be avenged for the heartbreaking loss to the Hoosiers. Now with this, I hope they get demolished so these things never see the light of day again.

1 hour ago, TenaciousG said:

Only the service academies should be allowed to wear camo, anything else is just fake patriotism. 

I'm fine with other schools wearing camo, but it needs to be used sparingly, like as a helmet or sleeve stripe. Did they say what the gold stars represent? I'm guessing they'd be for Indiana students killed in WWII? That's the only reason to use a gold star, but it shouldn't be used in that manner. Instead it should be used like the blue star/gold star designs instead of that gaudy shoulder design:

Blue and Gold Star Banners

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

13 hours ago, mattb6 said:

The #7 Cincinnati Bearcats looks poised to break out red alternates in the coming weeks, perhaps this weekend against Memphis? spacer.png

Follows the department’s aesthetic of standard black and white sets with “Cincinnati” across the front and red alternates with “Bearcats.”

Yea they are, going Black helmet and Black pants with it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JayMac said:

As a Penn State alum, I was hoping to be avenged for the heartbreaking loss to the Hoosiers. Now with this, I hope they get demolished so these things never see the light of day again.

This feels like a good time to bring up the OG military themed branding, although they wore regular unis.

ID6Aduj.jpg

• Like 3

Arizona State Sun Devils Unveil 1975 Throwback Uniforms

October 27, 2020 - 21:13 PM

Arizona State announced this week it will wear throwback uniforms on Dec. 5 against UCLA in honor of the program’s most recent undefeated season. The uniforms are reminiscent of what the Sun Devils wore in 1975, including ASU’s sunburst logo on both sides of the gold helmet, a maroon jersey

Read More...

RE: Maryland

The state flag has been part of their identity for decades now. The M banner logo was introduced in the nineties. The only identities they've had prior to that was the script Terps logo, and block letter M's. I know they've gone overboard with the flag over the last 15+ years, but this little beauty posted below was a very nice change up from the plain block M that preceded it.

spacer.png

• Like 4

Hotter Than July > Thriller

18 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

The state flag has been part of their identity for decades now. The M banner logo was introduced in the nineties. The only identities they've had prior to that was the script Terps logo, and block letter M's. I know they've gone overboard with the flag over the last 15+ years, but this little beauty posted below was a very nice change up from the plain block M that preceded it.

spacer.png

This is a great logo. I just think the key is keeping the black/yellow as an accent and not an essential feature. Under Armour went off the deep end and it’s hurt what was a really cool brand.

• Like 1

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

23 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I'm fine with other schools wearing camo, but it needs to be used sparingly, like as a helmet or sleeve stripe. Did they say what the gold stars represent? I'm guessing they'd be for Indiana students killed in WWII? That's the only reason to use a gold star, but it shouldn't be used in that manner. Instead it should be used like the blue star/gold star designs instead of that gaudy shoulder design:

Spoiler

Blue and Gold Star Banners

Via Uni-Watch's coverage yesterday:

• Like 2

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

12 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

spacer.png

This was replaced by the M above the Maryland flag, wasn't it? If it's still part of the school identity they should use it. 

Maryland Terrapins - Wikipedia

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

@MJWalker45 yeah, that's Maryland current primary logo. Don't hate it, but not a fan of it either.

Also, I stand corrected from my previous post. Maryland did have other logos beside the Terps script and block M. There were at least 2 different Testudo (turtle mascot) logos that I completely forgot about.

spacer.png

spacer.png

The second logo was Maryland's 1A athletic logo until 2012. The M banner was it's 1B. I honestly saw both logos in equal amounts back in the day. Since the M banner logo actual appeared on some of Maryland's uniforms during that era (football helmets prior to 2001 season & basketball team's shorts) I may have mentally tagged it as being the main athletic logo. The Testudo logo was mainly seen on merchandise, TV and video game graphics.

• Like 1

Hotter Than July > Thriller