College Football 2020

Kevin W.

It’s officially game week for the Ducks and the rest of the Pac-12, so time for Ducks fans like myself to speculate on what the team will be wearing on Saturday. I posted a while back saying that the Ducks will be carrying over the same set as last season, but likely with a new alternate (probably black/neon green based on this season’s cleat colorways) added into the rotation. I expect to see that new alternate debuted against UCLA on November 20th. The players actually had a photo/video day yesterday in which they wore the mono apple green uniforms, but I do not expect that to be an indication of what they’ll be wearing on Saturday vs. Stanford, as that’s been the standard combo used for preseason photo shoots in recent years. We should know by Thursday or Friday what they’ll be wearing, but I’m really hoping and thinking that they’ll go with the yellow/apple green/yellow combo, as it’s the one “core” combo that wasn’t worn last season and I think they’ll wanna go with the classic combination right off the bat, saving the new alternate and the nightmare green set for other two home games against UCLA and UW. Here is what the classic yellow/green/yellow combo looks like in the current set:

spacer.png

• Like 2

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

11 hours ago, upperV03 said:

It’s officially game week for the Ducks and the rest of the Pac-12, so time for Ducks fans like myself to speculate on what the team will be wearing on Saturday. I posted a while back saying that the Ducks will be carrying over the same set as last season, but likely with a new alternate (probably black/neon green based on this season’s cleat colorways) added into the rotation. I expect to see that new alternate debuted against UCLA on November 20th. The players actually had a photo/video day yesterday in which they wore the mono apple green uniforms, but I do not expect that to be an indication of what they’ll be wearing on Saturday vs. Stanford, as that’s been the standard combo used for preseason photo shoots in recent years. We should know by Thursday or Friday what they’ll be wearing, but I’m really hoping and thinking that they’ll go with the yellow/apple green/yellow combo, as it’s the one “core” combo that wasn’t worn last season and I think they’ll wanna go with the classic combination right off the bat, saving the new alternate and the nightmare green set for other two home games against UCLA and UW. Here is what the classic yellow/green/yellow combo looks like in the current set:

spacer.png

They didn’t wear their best look a single time last year? Someone really dropped the ball there. 

• Like 4

Utah going with the fauxbacks against Arizona on Saturday, which thankfully have been updated to have regular full-length pant stripes:

spacer.png

Previously they had the stupid UA thigh stripes, which really brought down the whole look:

spacer.png

In other Pac-12 uni news, Colorado is going with the classic combo against UCLA:

spacer.png

• Like 4

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

14 hours ago, razorback447 said:

They didn’t wear their best look a single time last year? Someone really dropped the ball there. 

Yup pretty much, lol. They even had a photo shoot with one of the players in that combo (that’s where the photo I posted came from), which they usually don’t do unless they’re planning on wearing that combo at some point during the season. I’m guessing they had planned to wear that combo during the year, and then decided not to for whatever reason (likely as a result of some player input, as I know the players had a hand in the nightmare green being worn in the Pac-12 CG and Rose Bowl). They’ve shown off that combo in several promotional graphics over the last year, including the graphic for the original 2020 schedule, so I’m hoping they actually wear it at some point this year (if not this week then later this season against UW).

Back to the speculation about the uniforms for this week, a few players appeared to be breaking in the new nightmare green cleats at practice yesterday, which could be an indication that they’ll be wearing either the nightmare green or yellow jerseys on Saturday (I would guess the nightmare green) instead of the apple green. If that’s the case then I hope they reprise the yellow/dark green/yellow combo from last year, or at least go with either the yellow helmets or pants.

spacer.png

• Like 2

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

On 11/2/2020 at 10:47 AM, Red Wolf said:

This is the perfect site for people like us. We can marvel at the wonders of our most hated rivals' uniforms while simultaneously hating them to their very core because they're evil cheaters or whatever.

Exactly... I'm a Florida fan who thinks Georgia has the best uniforms in college football.

On 11/2/2020 at 10:48 AM, Dnice said:

To my knowledge I don't see much of the script Gators used in other sports... A long time ago I thought I would

The two sports I can think of off of the top of my head are softball and women's soccer.

18879913_1074258232673784_68288549415284

23356_508ace5ea0570.imageo.jpg

The Gators script itself isn't a great logo but on the orange helmet, it's somewhat iconic, so I much prefer they stick with that helmet.  Plus, that orange helmet looks so good under the right lighting.  I'd be very much against them replacing it, as would most Gators fans, I imagine.

AP_18363700368216.jpg

I mean, come on... That helmet is gorgeous.

• Like 10

IUe6Hvh.png

On 11/2/2020 at 9:30 AM, SSmith48 said:

I would like it a bit more if it was a gloss or metallic blue. The matte blue looks off with the whole throwback vibe. 

Florida Gators 1964-65 Schutt Throwback Mini Authentic Helmet

I’ve noticed other schools(Like Boston College) that matte finish just looks bad. BC gold helmets looks like khaki. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

17 hours ago, See Red said:

Exactly... I'm a Florida fan who thinks Georgia has the best uniforms in college football.

The two sports I can think of off of the top of my head are softball and women's soccer.

18879913_1074258232673784_68288549415284

23356_508ace5ea0570.imageo.jpg

The Gators script itself isn't a great logo but on the orange helmet, it's somewhat iconic, so I much prefer they stick with that helmet.  Plus, that orange helmet looks so good under the right lighting.  I'd be very much against them replacing it, as would most Gators fans, I imagine.

AP_18363700368216.jpg

Baseball has (i believe) used the Gators script font on occasion.

sms.gif

17 hours ago, See Red said:

AP_18363700368216.jpg

I tried replacing it in a concept and it got negatively reviewed pretty quickly. I personally think that it's outdated, doesn't fit with the branding and should be moved on from, but I think Florida fans feel very differently. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

On 11/3/2020 at 1:53 PM, upperV03 said:

Yup pretty much, lol. They even had a photo shoot with one of the players in that combo (that’s where the photo I posted came from), which they usually don’t do unless they’re planning on wearing that combo at some point during the season. I’m guessing they had planned to wear that combo during the year, and then decided not to for whatever reason (likely as a result of some player input, as I know the players had a hand in the nightmare green being worn in the Pac-12 CG and Rose Bowl). They’ve shown off that combo in several promotional graphics over the last year, including the graphic for the original 2020 schedule, so I’m hoping they actually wear it at some point this year (if not this week then later this season against UW).

Back to the speculation about the uniforms for this week, a few players appeared to be breaking in the new nightmare green cleats at practice yesterday, which could be an indication that they’ll be wearing either the nightmare green or yellow jerseys on Saturday (I would guess the nightmare green) instead of the apple green. If that’s the case then I hope they reprise the yellow/dark green/yellow combo from last year, or at least go with either the yellow helmets or pants.

spacer.png

I’m pretty sure that in a interview with Oregon’s equipment manager he says oregon will have all new uniforms this year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, QbDuck said:

I’m pretty sure that in a interview with Oregon’s equipment manager he says oregon will have all new uniforms this year.

If they aren't shooting promos with them, they're probably delayed like everyone else this year. Ohio State and Tennessee were supposed to get the new template this year but didn't due to Covid. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

7 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

If they aren't shooting promos with them, they're probably delayed like everyone else this year. Ohio State and Tennessee were supposed to get the new template this year but didn't due to Covid. 

True, or they could be not showing them off yet?

8 minutes ago, QbDuck said:

There is supposedly a new alternate uniform, and there’s always a potential that there could be new helmets, but the main set will be carried over from last year. I have no idea whether or not there was supposed to be a full new set this year that got delayed due to Covid, but it’s certainly possible. Even before Covid I really wasn’t expecting there to be a new set until next year, and now it appears that that’s the most likely scenario.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 minute ago, upperV03 said:

There is supposedly a new alternate uniform, and there’s always a potential that there could be new helmets, but the main set will be carried over from last year. I have no idea whether or not there was supposed to be a full new set this year that got delayed due to Covid, but it’s certainly possible. Even before Covid I really wasn’t expecting there to be a new set until next year, and now it appears that that’s the most likely scenario.

Did you watch happy hour with the ducks? In july 2020 Kenny farr said there will be all new uniforms next year. 

29 minutes ago, QbDuck said:

Did you watch happy hour with the ducks? In july 2020 Kenny farr said there will be all new uniforms next year. 

I did watch it, and yes you’re right that he said there’ll be all new stuff next year. But that likely means next calendar year, as in 2021, which is exactly what I expect. All he said about this upcoming season was that the full season’s uniform choices had already been selected (this was of course before the season was shortened), and that there’ll be a couple of surprises mixed in. That suggests that there’ll be a new alternate or maybe a couple new uniform elements mixed in, not a full new set. In addition, new 2020 versions of the same jerseys as last year have recently gone on sale on Fanatics, on Nike.com, and on the official Duck store site. If there was going to be a new set they wouldn’t have created new versions of last year’s jerseys to put up for sale (by new versions I mean new jersey numbers - #3 and #58 this year as opposed to #10 and #35 last year). And on top of that the players just had their photo/video day a few days ago and were wearing the same apple green uniforms as last year, with the only difference being the removal of the CFB150 patch that was present on last year’s uniforms. By and large the uniforms will be the same as last year, but I would expect there to be a new alternate uniform and/or some new pieces added to the rotation. Expect the full new set to come out in 2021.

• Like 2

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1