College Football 2020

Kevin W.

On 11/9/2020 at 12:00 PM, DPHF said:

How is the current ND helmet not true gold? From where I'm sitting, it's the truest gold in sports. And it's now much more representative of the Golden Dome from which it draws inspiration.

Are you referring to the actual gold flecked paint from their previous helmets? Because these still have gold in the paint, but this application doesn't have to be re-painted every week (which is enough to make me love this current helmet, as someone who used to be a part of that weekly re-painting. It always made for a fun fact, but a decidedly unfun process.)

Just seemed to be a green tint to the lids Saturday night. Maybe it was my tv.

I preferred the gold used during the Brady Quinn years. Not concerned with how it’s painted, just how it looks.

• Like 1

Flashing back to Saturday, I thought the Ducks looked really sharp in their yellow helmets and dark green jerseys and pants. Like I said when the combo was released, it wasn’t as good as the yellow/nightmare/yellow combo that they wore against Cal last year, but it was still a really nice look, especially with the players wearing yellow gloves and accessories to complement the helmets. I would’ve liked to have seen yellow socks and tights as well to better balance the look from head to toe, but overall I thought it was a successful combo to open the season with.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Looking ahead to this Saturday’s primetime matchup at Wazzu, several players are breaking in the new apple green cleats in practice this week, meaning that the team will be in the apple green-accented white jerseys. If I had to venture a guess, I’d say we’ll see a repeat of either of these combos from last year:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Between those two I’d say the green/white/green seems more likely, and they could always wear green gloves and have yellow decals on the helmets to make it a bit different from last year. Of course there’s always a possibility that there’ll be something new (like a new helmet) or that they’ll go with something other than these two combos, but at the very least I think it’s safe to say that we can expect to see the white jerseys with the apple green accents.

• Like 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Oregon might have the ugliest uniforms in the history of sports. There's not one combo in the last 20 years that I even like a little bit. And that hot f'ing mess has spiraled off into way to many other schools. And every school needs black uniforms now, too.

Oregon worries about their wardrobe year after year and teams like Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson, LSU stay the same and win championships. Pick a fukking uniform, adhere to your school colors....and go out and win on Saturdays. How hard is that?

Yeah, I know. Old man yelling at a cloud. Don't care. My biggest pet peeve in sports, especially college.

• Dislike 1

@FSUViking Someone’s still a little butthurt from that 2015 beat down it seems, lol.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Anyways, that’s all I’m gonna say on the matter. 

Back on topic, Wazzu will be going all-crimson against the Ducks on Saturday:

We could have a pretty Christmasy-looking matchup if the Ducks go with apple green helmets and/or pants with the apple green-accented white jerseys.

• Like 8

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

40 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

@FSUViking Someone’s still a little butthurt from that 2015 beat down it seems, lol.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Anyways, that’s all I’m gonna say on the matter. 

Back on topic, Wazzu will be going all-crimson against the Ducks on Saturday:

We could have a pretty Christmasy-looking matchup if the Ducks go with apple green helmets and/or pants with the apple green-accented white jerseys.

Win a natty then you can talk :) Go bucks

11 minutes ago, dannykraft said:

Win a natty then you can talk :) Go bucks

I mean yeah, I don’t necessarily disagree, but that really has nothing to do with my response to @FSUViking. Anyways, see you guys in Columbus next fall (hopefully). Disappointed we couldn’t play you guys this year.

• Like 2

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

The Iron Bowl will have a new logo this year

Yea, it's not great. Very bland, especially when compared to previous design. None are great by any means, but better than this one? Yes, I think so.

• Like 2

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Ball State-Eastern Michigan is a hot mess. Ball State from the dual helmet logos to the elongated name plates on some of the black jerseys and Eastern Michigan could use some more green...anywhere. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

1 hour ago, lahaye7 said:

Ball State-Eastern Michigan is a hot mess. Ball State from the dual helmet logos to the elongated name plates on some of the black jerseys and Eastern Michigan could use some more green...anywhere. 

Grey/white/grey is my favorite EMU look.  And Ball State has red glitter on their helmets??? 😮

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

8 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Grey/white/grey is my favorite EMU look.  And Ball State has red glitter on their helmets??? 😮

I might have been a little hard on EMU, they look ok, just need more green. Ball State would look much better with matching helmet decals and nameplates that fit bw the stripes. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

5 hours ago, upperV03 said:

I mean yeah, I don’t necessarily disagree, but that really has nothing to do with my response to @FSUViking. Anyways, see you guys in Columbus next fall (hopefully). Disappointed we couldn’t play you guys this year.

Yea man hopefully haha I was planning on going to eugene this year, have always wanted to see autzen in person

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, dannykraft said:

Yea man hopefully haha I was planning on going to eugene this year, have always wanted to see autzen in person

Hopefully they can find a way to reschedule the Eugene trip for the Buckeyes.  Going to be tough with the way future schedules shake out for both teams.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

The Iron Bowl will have a new logo this year

Yea, it's not great. Very bland, especially when compared to previous design. None are great by any means, but better than this one? Yes, I think so.

Looks a little less like IRON BOWL and more like Microsoft clipart with a corporate logo thrown in for good measure. It has lost all the bold look that is supposed to come with the name Iron Bowl.

• Like 9

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

12 hours ago, FSUViking said:

Oregon worries about their wardrobe year after year and teams like Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson, LSU stay the same and win championships. 

Oh c’mon man this take is Facebook comments section level bad. You don’t genuinely believe Oregon players are having weekly team meetings to discuss their Saturday outfits. 

Those other programs have rich football pedigrees to fall back on so it makes sense that they keep things fairly traditional while programs like Oregon opt to mix things up a bit for their recruiting. I promise you football uniform design has zero correlation with football success, and more importantly I promise you that no team is spending any considerable amount of time worrying about it. 

• Like 7
Midway.png

7 hours ago, Midway said:

Oh c’mon man this take is Facebook comments section level bad. You don’t genuinely believe Oregon players are having weekly team meetings to discuss their Saturday outfits. 

Those other programs have rich football pedigrees to fall back on so it makes sense that they keep things fairly traditional while programs like Oregon opt to mix things up a bit for their recruiting. I promise you football uniform design has zero correlation with football success, and more importantly I promise you that no team is spending any considerable amount of time worrying about it. 

The entire argument is ridiculous. Oregon reached new heights both on the field and in terms of national recognition during the same period they shifted their brand to a Nike-fied experimental team. It's not like they used to play better in their traditional uniforms, they've literally never been closer to a national title than in modern duds. They've come short because it's really tough to win a national title, the sport has horrendous parity, and they've faced some great teams.

Hate their look all you want, but you're right, if there's any correlation it's actually been an obvious boost to the program.

BTW, I HATE the idea of a rivalry game having a presenting sponsor.

• Like 11

My main problem with Oregon is that since 2015, maybe 16 they really just haven't looked that good. Oregon is the one team I love changing every week since that's their thing but these uniforms now just look so uninspired and they're repeating combos regularly now. It just feels half-a** now.  

• Like 1