College Football 2020

Kevin W.

21 hours ago, TGroce said:

Yeah? It looks great in this shot, regardless

The 90s helmets had much thicker navy helmet stripes...thus making the "it's in the details" line pretty ironic. 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

46 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

The 90s helmets had much thicker navy helmet stripes...thus making the "it's in the details" line pretty ironic. 

Did the 90's uniforms have a noticeable difference in the shades of the top and the helmet? Something looks off and they don't match today, they do with their current uniforms so its odd.

10 minutes ago, OHK said:

Turns out, the Block S is only on the right side, the left side is logo-less / blank. Not sure why.

That's how the Spartans wore it in the 80s and 90s.

13089372.jpeg

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, frosty06306 said:

Did the 90's uniforms have a noticeable difference in the shades of the top and the helmet? Something looks off and they don't match today, they do with their current uniforms so its odd.

They did; the helmets were generally lighter than the jerseys.

The throwback uniforms look great today; I didn't notice the color difference until I logged on here.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

That's how the Spartans wore it in the 80s and 90s.

13089372.jpeg

45 minutes ago, OHK said:

Ah, it makes sense then. After my initial surprise wore off, I actually really like the look.

George Preles had come from the Steelers to the Spartans and brought a few Steeler-like design elements.  The one side only helmet decal, the wide northwestern sleeve stripes, and the wide single stripe on the pants.

• Like 4

Just tuned into Stanford (white/cardinal/white) vs Colorado (gold/white/black). NIIIIIIIICE!!!!!

SN: it appears Stanford has placed trees randomly around parts of the stadium in addition to cut outs.

• Like 1

Hotter Than July > Thriller

1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

spacer.png

The Simpsons Reaction GIF by FOX International Channels

Soooooo close but they really missed on the narrow sleeve stripes and not fully committing to the champion font...that 7 should have a curve on the diagonal portion. Could nike not bring themselves to fully replicate another supplier's aesthetics to make an accurate throwback?

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, guest23 said:

Soooooo close but they really missed on the narrow sleeve stripes and not fully committing to the champion font...that 7 should have a curve on the diagonal portion. Could nike not bring themselves to fully replicate another supplier's aesthetics to make an accurate throwback?

I believe they actually had someone make that font, so it's possible the Champion font is treated as a trademark in the same way adidas three stripes are treated that way outside of Ireland.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I generally like the simplicity of Washington State's uniforms, but for the players who tripled down on all crimson with the knee length socks / tights, it's not a great look IMO. Strange Santa's elves vibes.

Em1DX6gUUAEriU5?format=jpg&name=4096x409

blog-faq-elf-naming1.png

• Like 1

On 11/13/2020 at 7:55 PM, SportsLogos.Net News said:

North Carolina Tar Heels Unveil 1990s Throwback Uniform

November 14, 2020 - 01:52 AM

The North Carolina football program will wear 1990s throwback uniforms during Saturday’s game against Wake Forest (12 p.m. on ACC Network). The uniforms, which are a nod to head coach Mack Brown’s first stint with the Tar Heels, include a Carolina blue jersey with a traditional striping pattern on the

Read More...

Need to make them permanent. Make a white road version and a navy version and we’re set. Also a white helmet

On 11/14/2020 at 8:38 AM, WSU151 said:

Nike only cares about details up until the point they interfere with their ALMIGHTY TEMPLATES. Because as you know, elite teams would play like NAIA squads if a few stitches and panels were moved.

• Like 3

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

12 hours ago, TenaciousG said:

Nike only cares about details up until the point they interfere with their ALMIGHTY TEMPLATES. Because as you know, elite teams would play like NAIA squads if a few stitches and panels were moved.

Nike didn't order the helmet stripes. That's on the school. 

• Like 3

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The Ducks have released their new “Ohana” collection to go along with the new black and neon green alternate uniform that will be unveiled later this week:

I would not be surprised if the jerseys end up having a similar shoulder design to this shirt:

spacer.png

As I said before, “Ohana” means family in Hawaiian and Samoan. This collection and upcoming alternate uniform seem to be a tribute to the strong Polynesian history and influence in the program, from legends of the program like Haloti Ngata, Marcus Mariota, and Penei Sewell, to current Polynesian players and current Associate Head Coach Joe Salave’a (the one modeling the retail products). The neon green isn’t my favorite, but I’m excited to see what the uniform ends up looking like. I hope to either see the shoulder design from that shirt and/or the pattern that’s featured in the other retail products. 

• Like 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

On 11/11/2020 at 6:51 PM, Clintau24 said:

The Iron Bowl will have a new logo this year

Yea, it's not great. Very bland, especially when compared to previous design. None are great by any means, but better than this one? Yes, I think so.

This may wind up being a one-off version of the logo as BBVA's US banks were acquired by PNC Bank with the deal expected to be complete mid 2021. So I would expect to see a redone logo with the presenting sponsor being PNC or a sponsorless logo returning.

The logo is bland, yes, but I'm glad to see that it's the Iron Bowl Presented by BBVA instead of being the BBVA Iron Bowl. There are certain games where the name of the game should always come first. The Rose Bowl is another one.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

On 11/16/2020 at 4:37 AM, MJWalker45 said:

Nike didn't order the helmet stripes. That's on the school. 

Sorry, helmet stripes are a bad example. I mean more like the sleeve issues on Purdue, etc.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins