College Football 2020

Kevin W.

6 minutes ago, TenaciousG said:

Sorry, helmet stripes are a bad example. I mean more like the sleeve issues on Purdue, etc.

The school sees them ahead of time, so ultimately it's their call. They can send the prototype back and say expand the sleeves or they can accept what is given.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

It looks like the blackout is on at Georgia this weekend against Miss State. Always one of my favorite looks for my school. I like the block numbers. The collar is kinda cool for a one-off and won’t be too noticeable. Don’t love the bulldogs on the sleeves but the jersey is to commemorate playing with the bulldogs mascot for 100 years so I won’t complain. Hopefully this is a sign we are more willing to wear black going forward. And for the record, this is not BFBS. Our colors are red and black!

I’d post the Instagram link but for some reason it’s not working so here’s a tweet about it.

For reference, here is a better view:

spacer.png

You can see how the bulldog’s collar has been modified to mark 100 years with the mascot.

spacer.png

This is just speculation but I wonder if the tonal white outline on the numbers is to tie in with UGA’s sweater which features the same style. This is the sweater he wears for the blackout games. His usual sweater is red with a black G outlined in white.

spacer.png

We’ve had a few versions over the years:

The original surprise black jersey from the 2007 Auburn win, also used in the Sugar Bowl win that year, and unfortunately the Bama blowout in 2008. I think the 2008 version was technically a different tailoring construction but the look was virtually the same. Really liked the original block numbers. Notice how these block numbers are different than the new version. This one had a red outline whereas the new version has a tonal white outline.

spacer.png

2016 brought back the black jerseys after nearly a decade hiatus. Bulldog Bold font and chunky red collars. Only used once against Louisiana Lafayette in a win.

spacer.png

When we updated the template the next season, it included new black jerseys. Same font but different tailoring with the smaller collar. This version has not been worn in any official competition. Only for recruiting photos and the spring game, which is the most Georgia thing ever.

spacer.png

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

The school sees them ahead of time, so ultimately it's their call. They can send the prototype back and say expand the sleeves or they can accept what is given.

Assuming that nike actually sent the school a physical prototype and not a digital mockup. Also it requires approvers know or care enough about accuracy to get the proportions correct.

• Like 3

Easily the best black uniform Georgia has rolled out, and it doesn't feel like its BFBS. I dig the collar, id much rather it be that than the full red which we see in the Chubb picture. Wouldn't *love* it for a full time look, but its a great 1-off / alt.

• Like 5

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

I'm really digging the gold facemasks Akron is wearing tonight. Akron and UCLA have proven gold helmets with gold facemasks can actually look good, as long as they don't have a chrome finish. Those old chrome gold Baylor helmets were an eyesore.

SN: When and why the hell did Akron replace the kangaroo logo with this crappy Z? The kangaroo with well done and unique. The Z logo is just flat out bad. It looks like something a 7th grader that got a C+ in Art class created. Big time downgrade. Get it together Zips! Bring back the roo!!!

Hotter Than July > Thriller

More teams should consider a secondary logo on the sleeve instead of TV numbers. Looks awesome.

• Like 3

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

3 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

Pretty soon the only school with an Under Armour deal will be Maryland.

I'm real curious about what will happen with apparel deals the next few years as UA scales back.  Adidas already did this a few years ago and then most of those schools switched to UA.  With Nike left as the main default they would have absolutely no reason to shell out big bucks to anyone anymore.

• Like 1

Louisville Cardinals To Wear 1950s Throwback Uniforms

November 18, 2020 - 21:50 PM

The Louisville football program will wear throwback uniform during Friday night’s game against Syracuse (7 p.m. ET on ESPN). The throwback uniforms are modeled after what the Cardinals wore during the Johnny Unitas era (1951-54) and include a white helmet with a single red stripe down the middle and a

Read More...

• Like 1

On 11/17/2020 at 9:17 PM, TenaciousG said:

More teams should consider a secondary logo on the sleeve instead of TV numbers. Looks awesome.

Makes life hell for the equipment staff.. even simple things like quickly snagging a jersey from the rack takes longer without TV numbers..

On 11/17/2020 at 1:46 PM, guest23 said:

Assuming that nike actually sent the school a physical prototype and not a digital mockup. Also it requires approvers know or care enough about accuracy to get the proportions correct.

All Nike "contract" schools (Swoosh patch instead of embroidered Swoosh) get physical samples of all on-field uniforms in every sport. Nike "partner" schools get digital proofs.  

4 hours ago, WavePunter said:

Makes life hell for the equipment staff.. even simple things like quickly snagging a jersey from the rack takes longer without TV numbers..

Makes life hell for the equipment staff? Having to look at the front or the back of the jersey is hell now? Good grief man, give me a break. They signed up for this.

Someone was on here last week complaining about having to re-paint the Notre Dame helmets each week, which used to be a tradition. I guess going the extra mile to make something special just isn’t valued like it once was. Its a damn shame if you ask me. End rant 

• Like 3

On 11/17/2020 at 1:43 PM, aawagner011 said:

When we updated the template the next season, it included new black jerseys. Same font but different tailoring with the smaller collar. This version has not been worn in any official competition. Only for recruiting photos and the spring game, which is the most Georgia thing ever.

spacer.png

Didn't they heavily tease these coming back for the Notre Dame game last year, only to end up wearing red? I remember lots of UGA fans being mad about that.

• Like 1

ExJworW.png

31 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Didn't they heavily tease these coming back for the Notre Dame game last year, only to end up wearing red? I remember lots of UGA fans being mad about that.

IIRC, it was a fan led movement and then the media interviewed the quarterback and he said he wanted to wear the black jerseys but it never went farther than that. We are notorious for treating them like this super polarizing thing. Speaking of Notre Dame, I wish we used them like their green jerseys and wore them once a year. They’re too good to not use.

Here’s Oregon’s new “Ohana” alternate uniform honoring the extensive history and influence of Polynesians and Polynesian culture in the program:

The jerseys feature a tonal graphic pattern as well as a neon green and gray stylized Lai design around the shoulders and neck. The helmets are black with dark gray wings with the same tonal pattern as the jerseys. These were actually designed in collaboration with Hawaiian brand Sig Zane Designs, and I absolutely love all of the thought and attention to detail that was put into the different patterns that are incorporated into the design. Overall, these are a really fantastic one-off IMO. The neon green isn’t my favorite, but it was the right choice for this uniform and it really pops against the black and with the different Polynesian-inspired patterns and details.

• Like 7

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1