College Football 2020

Kevin W.

Wazzu going crimson/white/crimson at USC:

Not a fan at all of them going with a red-heavy combo at USC. Should’ve gone with the gray/white/gray combo that they were going to wear at Stanford a couple of weeks ago before that game was canceled.

Colorado going gold/white/white at Arizona:

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

46 minutes ago, Green27 said:

Every year I look forward to the Army-Navy uniforms. It's nice to see real military tributes and not just 'we made our logo into a flag logo'. The thought and research that goes into these mean something other than just generic 'patriotism' and 'cool jerseys'. Another well done round of design on both sides. 

EoKR967UYAQsUec?format=jpg&name=4096x409

EoB51aPWEAwcGwn?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Navy’s is really uninspired. Oh our campus has marble and gold so well put it on our uniform. You know what other schools have marble and gold used around campus. Basically every other school you can think of

5 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

It doesn’t look like Florida in the slightest. They already have alternate lids with the regular white helmet as well as the throwback. Florida is going down a bad path with ever changing stripes, helmet decals, etc. Stick to the basics and throw in the white lid for a couple games per year as well as the throwback. Done.

I don’t understand where you’re coming from here. The stripes and helmet decals have been unified this year, all three helmets have color appropriate versions of the same decal set.

Personally I think the Gators should only wear the orange helmet and once a year throwbacks (blue or orange). But if you’re going to wear three shell colors UF is doing so in the most brand consistent manner.

• Like 4

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

1 hour ago, Ark said:

I wish Florida would wear orange pants at home more often

159212747.0.jpg

There is an old saying down here in Gainesville about this set. “Look like Illinois, play like Illinois” 

I feel like I should like it but I absolutely hate it.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, dont care said:

Navy’s is really uninspired. Oh our campus has marble and gold so well put it on our uniform. You know what other schools have marble and gold used around campus. Basically every other school you can think of

That’s the meaning behind it? Man I thought it was supposed to be crashing waves in a bad storm when I saw it. That made sense to me with it being Navy and I thought it was a really unique idea. Guess not. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JTernup said:

I don’t understand where you’re coming from here. The stripes and helmet decals have been unified this year, all three helmets have color appropriate versions of the same decal set.

Personally I think the Gators should only wear the orange helmet and once a year throwbacks (blue or orange). But if you’re going to wear three shell colors UF is doing so in the most brand consistent manner.

They previously had the non-matching tapered stripe on the white lid, have rotated between “F” and “Gators” decals on each side, “Gators” on both sides, updated the striping, and still have orange jerseys and pants with non-matching stripes.

37 minutes ago, razorback447 said:

That’s the meaning behind it? Man I thought it was supposed to be crashing waves in a bad storm when I saw it. That made sense to me with it being Navy and I thought it was a really unique idea. Guess not. 

In the description it says the marbling is suppose to also look like crashing water but to me they missed that mark.

• Like 1

The Ducks are breaking out new light gray jerseys and pants against Cal, and pairing them with their chrome helmets with nightmare green wings:

These jerseys are just a light gray version of the alternate white jerseys that they had last year, with iridescent numbers and dark green logos. The pants are the same light gray as the jerseys. This will be their third time wearing these chrome helmets, but presumably the first time wearing these helmets with ‘O’ decals that aren’t yellow. I’m not a huge fan of them bringing gray back into the rotation but I’m happy to see the iridescent numbers again and the jerseys pair quite nicely with the chrome helmets.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

4 hours ago, dont care said:

Really? Find me another campus with marble like this. 🙂

spacer.png

• Like 7

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

7 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

Really? Find me another campus with marble like this. 🙂

spacer.png

But when you compare the 2 it really lacks compared to army’s. Army took a division and made a uniform based on their history, navy went “uh our marble is cool let’s make a uniform that looks like that” just seems like very little effort was thought into that design.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aawagner011 said:

They previously had the non-matching tapered stripe on the white lid, have rotated between “F” and “Gators” decals on each side, “Gators” on both sides, updated the striping, and still have orange jerseys and pants with non-matching stripes.

You're totally right, I guess my point was that they've fixed nearly all of that this year (hopefully we'll get an orange pants and jersey update 🤞). Because of that I don't see this blue helmet as a sign that they're going down a bad path. To me it really seems opportunistic, they had them from the throwback, the players like them and the team thought why not wear them for a second time. 

It will be interesting to see if the blue helmets stick around and if so how they are used. I'm incredibly biased, I think the orange helmet may be the best in the sport not named ND, OSU, UMich, but I give them a pass on the blue. It looks nice and is still pretty darn faithful to the brand. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kb105 said:

If Florida really wanted to wear these blue helmets again, they should have gotten a white version of the throwbacks with blue or white throwback pants and it would be much better.

8 hours ago, rmackman said:

Looks like it's time to update the Gators page here on SportsLogos.net to include the white helmet, the white throwback from last year, the blue throwback from this year, and now this blue helmet: https://www.sportslogos.net/logos/list_by_team/675/Florida_Gators/

We’re going to get a color-on-color SEC Championship game where Bama is in it’s normal home set and the Gators are mono-blue, head to toe, aren’t we?

• Like 2

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

On 12/3/2020 at 3:19 PM, jn8 said:

Just looking at the helmet from a design standpoint, I love it. But it’s just not Florida. I’m sure the uniforms as a whole will look good, but just because they look good, doesn’t mean it’s right. It’s the same reason teams like Nebraska, Stanford, Alabama, Texas, etc. don’t need an inverted version of their respective helmets. Just because it might look good, doesn’t mean it needs to be done. There isn’t anything wrong with the design, but the real issue is the history involved with it

spacer.pngspacer.png 

spacer.png

On 12/3/2020 at 10:48 AM, CrookedThumb said:

I'm mildly amused that, last week on the Gators subreddit, I did an impromptu ranking of the different combinations with the three jersey colors, and specifically didn't bother saying anything about blue helmets because, well, aside from a throwback game against Mizzou earlier this season, the Gators haven't worn blue helmets since the '60s. And then, less than a week later, here we are, the Florida Gators football team, now with blue helmets.

On one hand, they really don't need blue helmets. On the other hand, in those rankings, the combinations involving blue pants always rated poorly because they either created the monochrome blue look which I don't care for at all, or they didn't go together with the orange helmet and white jersey of the away uniform. I also don't like the way blue pants would look with the orange jersey, for that matter (should always wear white pants with the orange jersey; orange or white helmet doesn't really matter, they both work). Whatever the jersey color was, blue pants always came in at the bottom. Now, the blue pants have something they can work in conjunction with for away games. When I see it from that lens, I can get behind this, especially for the Tennessee game. If the Gators are smart with their uniform combinations for away games, @ Kentucky should always be orange helmets and pants, and @ Tennessee should be blue helmets and pants. I'm ok with that.

Unfortunately, the Gators have liked wearing those mismatched combinations of either orange/blue/white or orange/white/blue (H-J-P) over the years, and it's not that mismatched looks can't work, but they aren't something I tend to care much for. If they now have blue helmets, then those should be the helmets of choice for every away game that they use blue pants in. Mind you, I would still prefer either the orange or white pants, in that order, for road games, but how often they choose to wear whichever pant color is up to them.

• Like 1

spacer.png

19 hours ago, dont care said:

But when you compare the 2 it really lacks compared to army’s. Army took a division and made a uniform based on their history, navy went “uh our marble is cool let’s make a uniform that looks like that” just seems like very little effort was thought into that design.

They went “uh our marble is cool” because It’s the 175th anniversary of the Naval Academy. Thus, they are celebrating with a uniform that incorporates features of... the Naval Academy. How is that conceptually lesser than what West Point did?

• Like 3

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]