College Football 2020

Kevin W.

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

spacer.pngspacer.png 

spacer.png

And Alabama has had a white helmet in their past

yK4P9uD.jpg

Just because it’s happened doesn’t take away from the fact that their identity is known with a crimson helmet and I don’t want to see them break out white helmets either. And Florida is an orange helmeted team historically, with white being a strong secondary helmet. Blue helmets were just a blip on the radar. As a one off, like earlier in the year? Cool. Becoming a regular part of the rotation? Not a chance. One season over 50 years ago doesn’t justify it. 

• Like 2

On 12/3/2020 at 4:21 PM, dont care said:

Navy’s is really uninspired. Oh our campus has marble and gold so well put it on our uniform. You know what other schools have marble and gold used around campus. Basically every other school you can think of

if you're going to let UA convince you that you need new designs every year for this game, you might be in trouble. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Michigan state going with a revamped helmet for their game against Ohio State. MSU is taking their neon helmet, removing the neon Spartan head and replacing it with a white one. So it’ll have a non-tapered helmet stripe and green face mask. Their normal helmets have a tapered stripe and white face mask. Will post more pictures throughout and after the game. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, MGoBlue98 said:

Michigan state going with a revamped helmet for their game against Ohio State. MSU is taking their neon helmet, removing the neon Spartan head and replacing it with a white one. So it’ll have a non-tapered helmet stripe and green face mask. Their normal helmets have a tapered stripe and white face mask. Will post more pictures throughout and after the game. 

I definitely prefer them in a white facemask and tapered stripe, but that helmet finish is very nice. My concern is that, at least on TV, the body of their jerseys seemed like a touch more drab instead of dark green, almost like a tint of olive. Possibly just a lighting thing though, since most pictures look better.

Also, Ohio State looks good in the all-white but it's so close to the white over gray that it's not all that worthwhile of an alt. I'll take it over their more gimmicky looks though for sure.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, lahaye7 said:

if you're going to let UA convince you that you need new designs every year for this game, you might be in trouble. 

It doesn't matter whom the manufacturer is, they're using this game to celebrate their histories and I personally love it. I was in the Army so i understand their uniforms better than Navy. Naval units are organized differently so sometimes maybe it is significant to them and non Sailors just miss it. Yhe marble seems like a miss but a Navy person will get it. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, _RH_ said:

week late here, didn't see it mentioned, but noticed watching highlights that this feller on Oregon State didn't get the same pants as his teammates:

[spacer.png

Good eye. Those are definitely from their previous set.

f0bcf3f1-36aa-4138-8027-2086d63ac6c9-lar

Do you think maybe they're using the old sets as practice unis and #16 just grabbed the wrong pants?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, SmackNCheese said:

Good eye. Those are definitely from their previous set.

f0bcf3f1-36aa-4138-8027-2086d63ac6c9-lar

Do you think maybe they're using the old sets as practice unis and #16 just grabbed the wrong pants?

The equipment room messed up. FBS programs get those set up ahead of time, so either his pants were damaged and they grabbed it without verifying they matched, or they had to replace them last minute because he replaced someone, and they didn’t have his game pants ready. Either way it’s on the Equipment Room. That’s a common problem even before COVID issues with deliveries. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Lights Out said:

I thought the blue helmets would look nice, but for some reason, I'm not really liking it - even with the blue pants to match. They look like Kentucky when the camera's zoomed out.

I like variety, but Florida should stick to classic orange helmets. I like when they switch up orange and blue tops and pants though.  

• Like 3

I googled 'Florida Gators' to find some images of this past saturday's blue helmet look, and seeing their normal home set, I thought "Man, Florida really has some beauties." I think they're under-appreciated and if my beloved Sooners ever folded, it would be tempting to switch to UF just to see those every weekend.

florida-gators-future-schedule.png\

Florida-Gators-players-COVID19-1536x1024

• Like 3

fiowXOD.png

Didn't see it mentioned--Rutgers unveiled blackout uniforms for Saturday's game against Penn State. The numbers, lettering, and helmet logo had a shiny carbon fiber pattern.

ImageImage

Certainly not amazing, but not my least favorite black uniform ever.

On 12/5/2020 at 5:29 PM, _RH_ said:

week late here, didn't see it mentioned, but noticed watching highlights that this feller on Oregon State didn't get the same pants as his teammates:

[spacer.png

Is it possible he had to switch out pants at halftime due to tearing or some other reason?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

6 minutes ago, walkerws said:

A good equipment room would have had the correct pants laid out. It could have happened though. 

How many locker rooms carry extra pants after they lay out uniforms? Extra jerseys I'd understand due to blood. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png