College Football 2020

Kevin W.

On 12/5/2020 at 3:49 PM, MJWalker45 said:

Iowa State looks like TCU with these all black uniforms. They have colors that stand out, they should be using them instead.

Some teams shouldn't have black alternates. Iowa State is probably one of them due to their color scheme and rival's colors. Wearing black with red/yellow would make them look like Iowa from a distance, especially with the way yellow is more visible against black than red. 

• Like 3

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Just sharing a game photo featuring ASU's 1975 throwbacks plus a cool/special element our equipment team did for Chinese-born RB Jackson He.

• Like 14

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Nike, you know what to do.

It’s Clarendon time.

spacer.png

It’s wild that Adidas’ once-flagship school is now under a Nike brand.

• Like 10

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

28 minutes ago, shstpt1 said:

So... UCLA to Jordan Brand?

Really excited to see how Nike/Jordan does with the Bruins. Let’s hope Cincinnati follows UCLA’s lead when it comes to ditching UA for Nike/Jordan. Cincinnati basketball is the OG Jordan basketball school, and I’d love to see what Nike could do with our football uniforms now that our contract with UA is done.

spacer.png

12 minutes ago, TenaciousG said:

Nike, you know what to do.

It’s Clarendon time.

spacer.png

It’s wild that Adidas’ once-flagship school is now under a Nike brand.

What's wilder is that since the shoe companies started getting into the uniform business, the bruins will have worn rbk, adi, ua, and now jb. The vols are a program that comes to mind as another big adi school that went to the swoosh but there are not many.

1 minute ago, guest23 said:

What's wilder is that since the shoe companies started getting into the uniform business, the bruins will have worn rbk, adi, ua, and now jb. The vols are a program that comes to mind as another big adi school that went to the swoosh but there are not many.

adidas overpays but can eat the costs. Under Armour tried that with less teams and it's biting them on the backsides. I hope Navy moves back to Nike, but I'd love to see Russell or Champion make a bid to get back in the game. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 12/7/2020 at 11:46 AM, MJWalker45 said:

How many locker rooms carry extra pants after they lay out uniforms? Extra jerseys I'd understand due to blood. 

On a related note, I noticed this on a couple of occasions last Saturday:

spacer.png

What apparent need would there to have been to bring the orange helmets to Knoxville when the Gators were wearing blue helmets? If there was some kind of problem which would necessitate an in-game switch or something? I dunno, it just seemed unusual.

• Like 1

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

On a related note, I noticed this on a couple of occasions last Saturday:

spacer.png

What apparent need would there to have been to bring the orange helmets to Knoxville when the Gators were wearing blue helmets? If there was some kind of problem which would necessitate an in-game switch or something? I dunno, it just seemed unusual.

Kent State did this for their bowl game last year, taking two different helmets. Maybe in case the SEC did what the Big Ten did with Indiana vs Michigan with the USS Indiana uniforms? 

Cowboy Up! Golden Flashes work out at the practice facility of the Dallas Cowboys to prepare for Frisco Bowl.

Blue helmets at practice

2019 Frisco Bowl Recap: Kent State defeats Utah State 51-41 win for  first-ever bowl win - Hustle Belt

Yellow lids at game time. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, shstpt1 said:

So... UCLA to Jordan Brand?

Figures that UCLA would head towards Nike but didn't exactly see Jordan Brand also partnering with them.  I always thought that Arizona (with their BB) or USC (with their FB) would be the Pac-12 schools that scored the JB deal.

1 minute ago, Webfooter said:

Figures that UCLA would head towards Nike but didn't exactly see Jordan Brand also partnering with them.  I always thought that Arizona (with their BB) or USC (with their FB) would be the Pac-12 schools that scored the JB deal.

I think the Trojans would not want Jordan Brand, only because they are a blue blood in football. I'm actually surprised Arizona didn't get picked up by Jordan already. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

10 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

7 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I think the Trojans would not want Jordan Brand, only because they are a blue blood in football. I'm actually surprised Arizona didn't get picked up by Jordan already. 

Let’s not forget who is arguably the biggest current athlete on Jordan Brand’s roster:

spacer.png
I wouldn’t discount Westbrook’s partnership with Jordan Brand as at least part of the reason for UCLA getting the Jumpman deal over Arizona and USC. 

• Like 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

8 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

i wonder if the Sean Miller/FBI/Fraud thing had anything to do with that... or Nike just wanted to metaphorically spike the football on their rivals for both screwing up the UCLA account in different ways.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

1 hour ago, Kramerica Industries said:

It doesn’t make a lot of sense to me but here is what Gators Equipment had to say about it on Twitter... https://twitter.com/gatorsequipment/status/1335632667073626112?s=21

• Like 1

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

It seems pretty clear to me that Jordan has acquired the biggest ‘brand’ in each conference (with Texas being the notable exception). Say what you will about any individual program at the Jordan schools but the brand of each school is huge, with massive fan bases and alumni bases, globally recognized logos, top 2-3 academic universities within their conference, and championship pedigree in either football or basketball. A school like Arizona just really does not match up with the likes of UM, UNC, UF, OU, and UCLA in those categories. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, JTernup said:

It seems pretty clear to me that Jordan has acquired the biggest ‘brand’ in each conference (with Texas being the notable exception). Say what you will about any individual program at the Jordan schools but the brand of each school is huge, with massive fan bases and alumni bases, globally recognized logos, top 2-3 academic universities within their conference, and championship pedigree in either football or basketball. A school like Arizona just really does not match up with the likes of UM, UNC, UF, OU, and UCLA in those categories. 

I would argue none of those teams are the biggest brand in their respective conference.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, dannykraft said:

I would argue none of those teams are the biggest brand in their respective conference.

It depends on how you measure and how you define the scope of the brand. If we keep it to athletics and domestic recognition then I would agree with you. If you include the entire university and global name recognition you will get a very different outcome. I can't remember where I read/heard it but ucla is ranked as one of the top collegiate brands globally and their recognition in asia is huge. So while alumni base and athletic success are top factors stateside, marketers are always searching for that incremental revenue where jordan/ucla branded merch may be an international sales bonanza.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dannykraft said:

I’m not trying to make the definitive list of the top brands in CFB, I’m just trying to understand what seems to be driving this Jordan school selection. I definitely disagree with your assessment, especially in the case of Michigan (still a bigger brand than OSU across academics and sports, with nobody else particularly close) but the fact of the matter is that each of those schools is arguably the biggest brand. To my original point UA doesn’t come close to being the biggest Pac 12 brand.

• Like 1