College Football 2020

Kevin W.

23 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

For all of you that seem to have such a desire to see color on color games, tune in to this Arizona v Arizona State game.

Hideous and moronic.

Yikes I can't believe that got approved!  But don't throw the baby out with the bath water:

2008-1206-USC-UCLA-007-RB-redblue1.JPG

• Like 16

12 hours ago, guest23 said:

I want to hate it but if fsu was a mid 90's nfl expansion team I would say this is an interesting alternate look.

I actually do hate it! It's BFBS just like the "Miami nights" hideous black uniforms that the Hurricanes use.

I'm a longtime FSU fan and although I'm mostly a traditionalist when it comes to uniforms, I have to admit that I love the current uniforms (other than black). The tribal patterns on the sleeves and the collar is very fitting and sharp and I love the number fonts as well. It's an upgrade to the Bobby Bowden era uniforms and one of very few Nike designs that gets a thumbs up from me. I really don't have strong preference for white or garnet numbers - both look good to me, but many fans prefer the white, it seems.

To me, this is a great looking college uniform.

FSU Weekly Uniform Tracker - NoleGameday

The white numbers are fine as well:

https://news.sportslogos.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/ECq3mW-WkAMaIg2-590x344.jpeg

• Like 4

I didn't think the Canes looked bad (except for playing the game) but we could have had a nice orange v (mostly) carolina blue matchup and instead got all black v (mostly) white/ navy. I think the Canes should keep the design elements (striping and number font) and go with orange/green/white unis. 

• Like 5

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

19 hours ago, ManillaToad said:

Miami looks terrible, who comes up with these crap uniforms?

My friends and co-workers! 🙂

• Like 3

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

With the Ducks ending up in this Friday’s Pac-12 Championship Game at USC, I’m hoping they reprise the classic yellow/white/yellow combo that they wore in last year’s victory at the Coliseum:

spacer.png

spacer.png

I know some on here don’t like this combo, but I personally think it’s easily their best road combo and is their “traditional” road look as well. I also think it created a fantastic looking matchup last year, even with both teams in yellow/gold pants.

• Like 3

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

With the Ducks ending up in this Friday’s Pac-12 Championship Game at USC, I’m hoping they reprise the classic yellow/white/yellow combo that they wore in last year’s victory at the Coliseum:

spacer.png

spacer.png

I know some on here don’t like this combo, but I personally think it’s easily their best road combo and is their “traditional” road look as well. I also think it created a fantastic looking matchup last year, even with both teams in yellow/gold pants.

I’d like it better if the wings on the helmet were green, and then make the O on the helmet silver or take it off entirely. 

• Like 4

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

12 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I’d like it better if the wings on the helmet were green, and then make the O on the helmet silver or take it off entirely. 

Green wings probably would look better with this particular combo, but I just have never liked the idea of green wings on the yellow shells, as it would inhibit their ability to pair the yellow helmets with the yellow jerseys and the nightmare green and/or black sets as well. I think silver is the right choice for the yellow helmets, as it’s more of a neural and can work with all of their sets. That said, with their next set I’d like to see some silver present on all of the jerseys (preferably as something as simple as a number outline) to better tie in the yellow helmets.

• Like 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

It's not bad, but I think yellow/white/green would be just a little bit better. It would break up both teams wearing yellow pants, even if they are very different shades. 

• Like 1

AmPJ0Ty.png 

21 minutes ago, colinturner95 said:

It's not bad, but I think yellow/white/green would be just a little bit better. It would break up both teams wearing yellow pants, even if they are very different shades. 

I’ve wanted them to wear yellow/white/green for a long time. Kinda hard to believe, but the last time they wore that combo was actually in 1998:

spacer.png
I still prefer the yellow/white/yellow, but I would definitely like to see yellow/white/green at some point.

• Like 4

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Mercari Named New Title Sponsor Of Texas Bowl

December 15, 2020 - 20:33 PM

Lone Star Sports & Entertainment and ESPN Events announced earlier this week that Mercari, a Japanese e-commerce company, will be the new title sponsor of the Texas Bowl. “We are excited to welcome Mercari as the new title sponsor of the Texas Bowl,” Texas Bowl executive director David Fletcher said

Read More...

57 minutes ago, JayMac said:

I was kind of hoping that COVID-19 would be the end of some of these pointless bowl games. Silly me, I forgot to realize that companies will throw millions of dollars at their feet.

Teams opting out will limit some of these. UTSA has accepted two different invites, the Tropical Smoothie Bowl and First Responder Bowl. The first one was rescinded because SMU has Covid issues still. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

29 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Teams opting out will limit some of these. UTSA has accepted two different invites, the Tropical Smoothie Bowl and First Responder Bowl. The first one was rescinded because SMU has Covid issues still. 

Maybe at the very least, we will get a moratorium on any bowl season expansion. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JayMac said:

I was kind of hoping that COVID-19 would be the end of some of these pointless bowl games. Silly me, I forgot to realize that companies will throw millions of dollars at their feet.

ESPN owns many of these bowls. They need programing to fill and commercials to sell. Any money made from people in attendance is just bonus.

5 hours ago, JayMac said:

While I won't say these other Bowl games are "pointless", I WILL say that it's funny seeing how they'll add more Bowls but having an 8 team playoff in a league of over 130 teams for the actual National Championship is too much and "diminishes the regular season"...

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

The Ducks are going green/white/green for tomorrow’s Pac-12 Championship Game at USC:

I’m slightly disappointed that they’re not going with the yellow/white/yellow combo that they wore in last season’s victory against the Trojans, but this is definitely the next best choice and what I would consider to be their second best road combo overall. I personally loved how the matchup looked last year, but the green helmets and pants will provide some better contrast from USC’s cardinal and gold this time around. Overall it should be a fantastic looking Pac-12 Championship Game tomorrow night.

• Like 2

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1