Kevin W.

College Football 2020

Recommended Posts

Talk about small changes. Auburn made a few minor tweaks to the helmet for yesterday's Citrus Bowl. Few people have approached me asking about going all in with a white facemask, and I really hope that doesn't happen.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

Not sure if it was just my TV or the broadcast, but Notre Dame's gold looked extremely saturated today, almost yellow.

I thought the same thing. I'm not sure if metallic yellow and gold are technically the same thing, but that's what it looked like. It was a pretty stark contrast from the more mustardy yellow of the pants. I much preferred the more dull gold helmets of yesteryear. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Fiesta Bowl is going without colored endzones this year, almost surely due to there being a 49ers “home” game at State Farm Stadium tomorrow:

The 50 yard markers have also been replaced by white Fiesta Bowl 50th anniversary logos. Here’s a better look at that logo, albeit the full-color version:

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn’t ND spray their helmets with actual gold flecks? I feel like actual gold is more yellow than the old gold or Vegas gold most teams use.

 

The real problem with Norte Dame is not getting pants to match. It’s like a Cowboys situation up there. 
 

Bonus Edit: Also the Fiesta Bowl may be the worst NY6 matchup of all time. Poor Indiana. The only team that “deserves” to be in the game is the Oregon team that only made the PAC-12 championship game because of Covid. Iowa State’s selection was an absolute joke. End zones look good though 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if it’s been talked about, but Indiana covered up the B1G logo on their jersey and helmet. Some people think it’s due to the conference bending the rules to allow 5-win Ohio State into the conference championship. However, Indiana’s HC said it was for different reasons. Which I believe to be a bunch of horse🤬.

 

The original rule to be eligible for the B1G Championship was a team must play at least 6 regular season games. Ohio State played 5.

 

Teams that DID reach the threshold were-

 

Literally every team in the B1G except Ohio State & Maryland.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cover up one logo, I might believe it. Cover up TWO logos? Yeah, you are protesting.

 

They should really be protesting the CFP committee though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TenaciousG said:

Bonus Edit: Also the Fiesta Bowl may be the worst NY6 matchup of all time. Poor Indiana. The only team that “deserves” to be in the game is the Oregon team that only made the PAC-12 championship game because of Covid. Iowa State’s selection was an absolute joke. End zones look good though 😂

Not Oregon’s fault that Washington had a Covid outbreak. Had the two actually played, the winner of that game would’ve rightfully ended up in the Pac-12 CG. The Dawgs weren’t healthy enough, but the Ducks were and were able to go out and win the conference (and earn the Fiesta Bowl spot) on the field. The Iowa State selection over Indiana was a bit more controversial, but there would’ve been some controversy if it had gone the other way, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of these Bowl Games are just straight up going low budget. LOL. Slap the sponsers logo at mid-field. Maybe put something in the endzones. Call it a day. 

 

And I totally understand why. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, RayFinkle said:

Some of these Bowl Games are just straight up going low budget. LOL. Slap the sponsers logo at mid-field. Maybe put something in the endzones. Call it a day. 

 

And I totally understand why. 

Tampa Bay has gan early game tomorrow so I understand why they left the end zones blank. They could have just gone with Tampa Bay in both end zones though and color them in after the bowl game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TenaciousG said:

Cover up one logo, I might believe it. Cover up TWO logos? Yeah, you are protesting.

 

They should really be protesting the CFP committee though. 

Not really when the B10 changed their rules for Ohio State to allow them into the championship game. I know they did it because the CFP likely wouldn’t select the B10 champion into the CFP if it wasn’t Ohio State but it wasn’t the CFP that changed their rules to allow Ohio State into it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TenaciousG said:

Doesn’t ND spray their helmets with actual gold flecks? I feel like actual gold is more yellow than the old gold or Vegas gold most teams use.

 

The real problem with Norte Dame is not getting pants to match. It’s like a Cowboys situation up there. 
 

Bonus Edit: Also the Fiesta Bowl may be the worst NY6 matchup of all time. Poor Indiana. The only team that “deserves” to be in the game is the Oregon team that only made the PAC-12 championship game because of Covid. Iowa State’s selection was an absolute joke. End zones look good though 😂

They stopped painting the helmets with real gold years ago. When HGI took over painting and finishing the helmets they changed the helmet color to match the gold dome on campus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have rarely ever said this....Oregon looks good.

 

Nothing says Iowa State more than all black unis. 😑

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know we've gone too far when Oregon is the team wearing school colors in a bowl game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dont care said:

Not really when the B10 changed their rules for Ohio State to allow them into the championship game. I know they did it because the CFP likely wouldn’t select the B10 champion into the CFP if it wasn’t Ohio State but it wasn’t the CFP that changed their rules to allow Ohio State into it.

I have literally been having this argument with my siblings and cousins on a group text all day. Ohio State should not have been in, but that was the only way the B1G wasn't getting anybody in with only half a schedule, so they changed the rules. Northwestern didn't object because they were in the championship regardless and weren't headed to the CFP. Indiana got screwed. As did Texas A&M and Cincinnati.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, McCall said:

I have literally been having this argument with my siblings and cousins on a group text all day. Ohio State should not have been in, but that was the only way the B1G wasn't getting anybody in with only half a schedule, so they changed the rules. Northwestern didn't object because they were in the championship regardless and weren't headed to the CFP. Indiana got screwed. As did Texas A&M and Cincinnati.

I found myself more invested in the Georgia-Cincinnati than the two semifinal games. Especially Ohio State-Clemson. That game honestly felt like it actually mattered.

 

How can the Big Ten look at a 6-1 Indiana team and not think they should’ve been in the conference championship over Ohio State? Unfortunately like you said, Ohio State was deemed the conference’s only way into the CFP Championship. Likely due to notoriety over the other Big Ten programs rather than actually playing to the rules they set at the beginning of the season. It’s a shame the Big Ten and college football in general refuses to acknowledge anything below Ohio State. Even Michigan is facing conference irrelevancy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

How can the Big Ten look at a 6-1 Indiana team and not think they should’ve been in the conference championship over Ohio State?

Ohio State not having a loss, in addition to the win over Indiana. 3 of their games that were cancelled were cancelled by the other school, 1 by them. The Big Ten needed that game check, like the SEC needed one based on some of their teams being rolled out at less than full strength. Ohio State started preseason in 2nd or 3rd place depending on the polls, so any chance to get them more wins was going to happen. As it was, Indiana had a Covid outbreak. There was no way the Big Ten would put 2 win Michigan State or Penn State in the championship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a Penn State student, I can tell you this:

 

If all rules regarding Covid and such were applied, we were going to Indy to play NW. Not a chance should that have happened. I hate the Buckeyes but the Big Ten has been kicked around on national media for a few years now. Ohio State has the best team they've had in a looooong time. The Big 10 was better off letting OSU play and try to make the CFP, last night shows that they made the right call. Don't forget, the one game they missed wasn't their fault at all. If OSU got beat by NW or pummeled by Clemson, Indiana has every right to be pissed. But making the Championship on a technicality? And may I bring back the Indiana-PSU game? They didn't really deserve it in the first place, at least in my opinion.

 

Back to the world of design, yes, it feels like this whole Bowl Season is just lets get by so we can do it next year. I normally know all the matchups and predict the games because of the tie ins but the whole deal feels bland this year. Colored endzones go a loooooong way to making games feel special. Not having them kinda kills the vibes.

 

Also Iowa State has a top 10 uniform with the red-red-gold. The all-black is criminal. Oregons Yellow-White-Yellow looks real good, it feels like they're starting to build an identity besides gimmick unis *wow!*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RayFinkle said:

Some of these Bowl Games are just straight up going low budget. LOL. Slap the sponsers logo at mid-field. Maybe put something in the endzones. Call it a day. 

 

And I totally understand why. 

 

The Orange Bowl field looks pretty good. Feels like an actual Bowl game. 

 

T A&M, you don't have maroon/non-white pants??? Or colored socks??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.