New CCSLC Display Name Change Policy

LMU

The CCSLC has instituted a new policy to allow for the changing of display names.

The following criteria must be met in order to enable this feature:

• Any member must have at least 100 posts in order to qualify for a display name change.
  • Display names can only be changed once every 365 days.
  • Display names changes cannot:
    • Be profane or overtly offensive
    • Be so similar to another CCSLC member as to cause confusion

Additionally, CCSLC moderators and administrators have the right to revert a display change if a complaint is received from a corporation/verified entity that it infringes in their copyright and/or likeness.

If this criteria is met, display name changes can be performed in Account Settings ➡️ Display Name ➡️ Change

With this ability now available to members there will now be zero-tolerance enforcement of dupe accounts.

• Like 12

VmWIn6B.png

This is good.  Is there some way that name changes are "announced" or posted so that people know that whoever is posting something is the same person that they've been interacting with for years just under a new name?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

12 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

This is good.  Is there some way that name changes are "announced" or posted so that people know that whoever is posting something is the same person that they've been interacting with for years just under a new name?

Who are you?

😂😂😂

It's where I sit.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

so that people know that whoever is posting something is the same person that they've been interacting with for years just under a new name?

I kinda want to change my name, but that's my hangup. 

54 minutes ago, DDR said:

I kinda want to change my name, but that's my hangup. 

I was always split on a name change, since ive had this on on here for a LONG time.  It was the last place where i used it, and I havent really been an Astros fan since high school/early college.  Figured it was time to make a change with all of this Astros controversy.

I did add formerly...to my member title.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

I was always split on a name change, since ive had this on on here for a LONG time.  It was the last place where i used it, and I havent really been an Astros fan since high school/early college.  Figured it was time to make a change with all of this Astros controversy.

I did add formerly...to my member title.

Smart. I changed my name once before. Going from El_Duderino to DDR. But several people then thought I was a new member who was a massive Dance Dance Revolution fan. Adding a "Formerly Known As" may have helped.

• Like 2

I'm considering it. There's been a number of times when I've posted something positive and had to make the "despite my username" joke.

It's also a inside joke that was already at the end of it's lifespan when I signed up on the boards 10+ years ago.......

I have no clue what I'd change my name to though. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Are we going to have to add FKA like when WWE wrestlers superstars hit the indies?

• Like 1

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

On mobile you don’t see member titles, and only dopes care about sigs. I already don’t know who a couple of people in this thread are. 

I suggest a single thread where the ONLY posts that are allowed are:

old name: X

new name: Y

anyone that posts anything else is banned, and their children and children’s children are banned too. 

• Like 7

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

5 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Is there some way that name changes are "announced" or posted so that people know that whoever is posting something is the same person that they've been interacting with for years just under a new name?

2 hours ago, charger77 said:

Are we going to have to add FKA like when WWE wrestlers superstars hit the indies?

A solution to that issue is being worked on with the board software folks. Hopefully it'll remedy both the desktop and mobile platforms. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, charger77 said:

I'm quickly changing my legal name to BringBackTheVet so that I can take it with me to other forums and not have to be VetBringItBack or Vet El Patron.

• Like 9

Update: you can click on a member’s profile to see their previous names. There’s a little circle icon next to the member’s name which will show their name change history. 

We understand it’s not quick and convenient, but that may be due to the limitations of the software. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I'm quickly changing my legal name to BringBackTheVet so that I can take it with me to other forums and not have to be VetBringItBack or Vet El Patron.

WHAT'S VET'S BRINGING IT BACK DOING AT THE IMPACT ZONE?

• Like 9

38 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Update: you can click on a member’s profile to see their previous names. There’s a little circle icon next to the member’s name which will show their name change history. 

We understand it’s not quick and convenient, but that may be due to the limitations of the software. 

Can you opt out of that? My original username was misguided and I'd really like like to extricate it from the internet as much as I can.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, DG_Now said:

Can you opt out of that? My original username was misguided and I'd really like like to extricate it from the internet as much as I can.

Not sure. I think it’s an all or nothing scenario here, but I’ll check. 

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.