New CCSLC Display Name Change Policy

LMU

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

I think we should be able to change our names every 30 days. Name anarchy. Twitter gets away with it. Gotta keep up. 

On a similar note, back when I first joined Facebook, I decided it would be funny to send friend requests only to people who shared my name. It was hilarious for a little while - who knew there were over 50 "infrareds" on Facebook? Then it just got very confusing. But it was a hoot for a little while. My Facebook "holy grail" was to find some guy with my name who was born the same day and year as I was, but chaos ensued and I never got there. Oh well. 

• Like 2

BB52Big.jpg

On the one hand I kind of want to change my name since it feels like a lie since I won't graduate from Arkansas State, but rather a different D1 school in Arkansas. On the other hand, I always end up hating the names I use. PSN only recently allowed name changes and I've switched to two new names already. I should just pick something boring and inoffensive and not worry about it because it doesn't actually matter at all to anybody. Plus, I change my avatar too often so that would be really confusing.

I've been waiting for this for years. Trying to get something that's a little more anonymous instead of my actual surname, which I regretted like six minutes after choosing it. 

The problem is coming up with a non-lame handle that isn't something stupid like RedsDood11. I have a team of writers working 15 hours days on this right now. 

• Like 2

PvO6ZWJ.png

I have no idea what my name means or why I chose it because I accidentally signed up for the CCSLC when I was 12 when I was trying to get an account for commenting on the mothership and then proceeded to forget about it. When I actually tried to create an account here back in 2013, my email was already in use because of this account. But at this point I've had this account name so long and I don't really want to have to come up with a new one.

Monkeys aren't even my favourite animal.

• Like 5

IbjBaeE.png

51 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

I've been waiting for this for years. Trying to get something that's a little more anonymous instead of my actual surname, which I regretted like six minutes after choosing it. 

The problem is coming up with a non-lame handle that isn't something stupid like RedsDood11. I have a team of writers working 15 hours days on this right now. 

It'd certainly be weird seeing you go by any other handle at this point, and considering people for the longest time thought my real name was Shawn, maybe you should reconsider altering your alias.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

31 minutes ago, CS85 said:

It'd certainly be weird seeing you go by any other handle at this point, and considering people for the longest time thought my real name was Shawn, maybe you should reconsider altering your alias.

That's the problem is it's not a handle or an alias. It's my actual name. I need an alias. 

I think you guys will adjust and get used to it fairly quickly.

• Like 1

PvO6ZWJ.png

4 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

That's the problem is it's not a handle or an alias. It's my actual name. I need an alias. 

I think you guys will adjust and get used to it fairly quickly.

I look forward to reading well done Bengals/Reds posts from your future handle of ClopClopHentaiFan94.

• Like 5
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

1 hour ago, CS85 said:

I thought your name was Shawn up until this very moment.

2 minutes ago, DDR said:

I thought your name was Shawn up until this very moment.

Chose my handle when I was 20 years old.  Chicago sports, Shawn Michaels, born in 1985. 

I didn't even think about how it would misrepresent me name-wise, but yeah, my name's Andy. 

• Like 1

twitter

1 minute ago, CS85 said:

Chose my handle when I was 20 years old.  Chicago sports, Shawn Michaels, born in 1985. 

I didn't even think about how it would misrepresent me name-wise, but yeah, my name's Andy. 

I like the idea of your CS being like the CM in CM Punk. Where it stands for nothing but could stand for everything. 

• Like 5

I went with "_Now" years before streaming services took off with that same suffix. I can't think of anything much more clever than what I've got, so I think I'll sit tight for a while.

Though it would be fun to be "AssMaster5000" or something.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

3 hours ago, DDR said:

I like the idea of your CS being like the CM in CM Punk. Where it stands for nothing but could stand for everything. 

Doesn’t it stand for Chick Magnet, and there was other CMs back in his backyard days. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 minute ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Doesn’t it stand for Chick Magnet, and there was other CMs back in his backyard days. 

It did, but now it doesn't. You dig?

But yeah, pretty sure he's acknowledged it was Chick Magnet Punk. The CM just kinda stuck. 

• Like 1

Also, there’s now an opportunity for a NJTnak

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.