New CCSLC Display Name Change Policy

LMU

On 1/19/2020 at 3:10 PM, LMU said:

The CCSLC has instituted a new policy to allow for the changing of display names.

The following criteria must be met in order to enable this feature:

• Be so similar to another CCSLC member as to cause confusion

For the sake of loosing the silly nickname and not having anything else creative, I was thinking of just using the standard abbreviation of my name: Jer.

There's a few "Jeremys" and "Jers" with numbers or initials (for example: Jerm or jerne) that aren't active (or barely are active). Plus i'm sure there are future Jeremys and Jerrys to sign up. 

Would this change be a case of being too similar? Just wanted to check before I pull the trigger. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

1 hour ago, mr.negative15 said:

For the sake of loosing the silly nickname and not having anything else creative, I was thinking of just using the standard abbreviation of my name: Jer.

There's a few "Jeremys" and "Jers" with numbers or initials (for example: Jerm or jerne) that aren't active (or barely are active). Plus i'm sure there are future Jeremys and Jerrys to sign up. 

Would this change be a case of being too similar? Just wanted to check before I pull the trigger. 

Dont go confusing me with a new name haha

• Like 1

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

9 hours ago, mr.negative15 said:

Go with JerBear, and end every post with a ROAR

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Go with JerBear, and end every post with a ROAR

As a kid my mom used to call me that but I didn’t like Care Bears so I used to get upset. Lol. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

45 minutes ago, Discrim said:

One thing I know, it tends to get shortened anyway, so I'm probably gonna take advantage of this and saw 'hater' off.

Your name doesn't matter, as I recognize you instantly from your Avatar.  You're probably competing with Roger Clemente for longest-running avatar.

• Like 5

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Finally. I like my surname well enough, but I guarantee no one here knows how to pronounce it nor do many even know it's my name. 

I too like the idea of having a pinned thread where we all put OLD USERNAME >> NEW USERNAME. 

• Like 1

I think I once proposed a vote on all name changes - like a poll. You’d have to campaign, and might have to make concessions to get a name approved. Didn’t we get a guy to call himself IAmAFlamingDouchebag or something?

40 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I think I once proposed a vote on all name changes - like a poll. You’d have to campaign, and might have to make concessions to get a name approved. Didn’t we get a guy to call himself IAmAFlamingDouchebag or something?

It was up and running for a while too (how I got my name shortened). Then Yzerfan’s software stopped working and it died.

VmWIn6B.png

I think the original name-change feature/poll wasn't built into the forums, but was associated with the CCSLC's sim hockey site, which Yzerfan also built and maintained when it was on the same server as the forums.

At some point, I believe Chris switched servers and the sim hockey site wasn't transferred with the forums, so the name-change feature was lost.

• Like 1

On 1/22/2020 at 3:09 PM, monkeypower said:

I have no idea what my name means or why I chose it because I accidentally signed up for the CCSLC when I was 12 when I was trying to get an account for commenting on the mothership and then proceeded to forget about it. When I actually tried to create an account here back in 2013, my email was already in use because of this account. But at this point I've had this account name so long and I don't really want to have to come up with a new one.

Monkeys aren't even my favourite animal.

And here's me thinking it was a reference to the Angels' Rally Monkey 😅

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.