On 2/3/2020 at 1:14 PM, Victormrey said:

I love how the Mariners set turned out! The chosen colours match perfectly with the old logos 👌🏻

Thanks! 

On 2/3/2020 at 8:08 PM, Blindsay said:

I feel like we need a lighter purple.....

I should have clarified: The purple I used is actually an older shade which to my knowledge is no longer in use. But I like that it's not quite purple but also not quite blue and hence wouldn't infringe on the Rockies' "ownership" of purple.

Next up are the Cleveland Indians!

INDIANS HOME:

Indians-Home.png

INDIANS ROAD:

Indians-Road.png

INDIANS ALT:

Indians-Alt.png

I know the obvious choice for Cleveland would have been Ohio State, but I wanted to go in a different direction, as an OSU-inspired design would have resulted in something too similar to the intrastate rival Reds. I’ve liked the idea of Cleveland in forest green ever since I saw this wonderful concept for the Cleveland Forest Citys, and Cleveland State University gave me just the inspiration I needed. Now that Chief Wahoo is finally gone for good, I figure Cleveland will eventually drop the “Indians” moniker altogether as well, so it’s replaced here with the “Major League”-era arched “Cleveland” script. C&C appreciated! 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/8/2020 at 6:11 PM, NicDB said:

The Cleveland State Not-Indians will look great when they go down to the UWM Brewers. 😁

Thanks!

Let's start another new week with the Atlanta Braves!

BRAVES HOME:

Braves-Home-double-outlines.png

BRAVES ROAD:

Braves-Road-double-outlines.png

BRAVES ALT 1:

Braves-Home-Alt-double-outlines.png

BRAVES ALT 2:

Braves-Road-Alt-double-outlines.png

My Braves design takes its inspiration from the University of Georgia Bulldogs. This isn’t too great a leap from the Braves’ actual uniforms, with the biggest change being that black replaces navy blue, resulting in some nice visual synergy with the local Atlanta Falcons. Another key difference is the three-colored piping used throughout the design, as suggested by @MJD7. And just as my Cleveland concept dropped the Indians name, I expect that sooner or later the Braves will do away with the tomahawk logo, so it’s nowhere to be found here. C&C appreciated! 

1 minute ago, woody86 said:

I think I'd go with Tech to represent the Braves in stead of UGA. Wouldn't be very hard to apply their color scheme.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clean,_Old-Fashioned_Hate

Eh, that color scheme doesn't really feel very "Atlanta" to me. Plus, it's pretty close to another team in the NL East I'll be tackling very soon. ;)

On 2/10/2020 at 6:59 PM, Blindsay said:

So would the mets get Syracuse?

Theoretically they would, but I don't think I'll be tackling the Mets, as their color scheme is perfect as is. 

And now, let's end the week with another team, the Colorado Rockies!

ROCKIES HOME:

Rockies-Home.png

ROCKIES ROAD:

Rockies-Road.png

ROCKIES HOME ALT:

Rockies-Home-Alt.png

ROCKIES HOME/ROAD ALT:

Rockies-Alt.png

I held off on tackling the Rockies for a long time simply because I couldn’t find a Colorado-based college team I liked for inspiration. It’s hard to picture the Rockies in anything but purple, so it was a matter of finding a suitable secondary color to replace black and silver. I ultimately settled on forest green as used by the Rams of Colorado State University. While I’ve never liked the Rockies scripts (which have somehow remained unchanged for 28 seasons and counting) I was struck by how strong the monogram “CR” looks against a clean, non-pinstriped jersey with thick headspoon and sleeve piping; therefore, every jersey in this set is just a different-colored variation on that design, a la CSU's uniforms. I also restored the Rockies’ original darker shade of purple, as it paired better with the green. C&C appreciated! 

On 2/14/2020 at 9:19 PM, Paul Lucas said:

That’s a great look for the Rox. Excellent series!

Thanks!

Up next, the Detroit Tigers!

TIGERS HOME:

Tigers-Home.png

TIGERS ROAD:

Tigers-Road.png

TIGERS HOME ALT:

Tigers-Home-Alt.png

TIGERS HOME/ROAD ALT:

Tigers-Road-Alt.png

Now, this one really doesn’t follow the premise of the series at all. The Detroit Tigers have a great look, arguably one of the very best in baseball, and Clemson University is in South Carolina, not Michigan. But I’ve always loved the Clemson Tigers’ purple and orange color scheme and wanted to see how it would look on Detroit, and I have to say I’m pretty happy with the results. To me, this is an answer to the question, “What if the Detroit Tigers were a ‘90s expansion team?” C&C appreciated! 

On 2/17/2020 at 1:25 PM, NicDB said:

That's a bit of a curveball to use Clemson for Detroit, but I like it!

Thanks! Were it not for the team name, I'm sure I never would've even considered it. 

Next up are the Washington Nationals!

NATIONALS HOME:

Nationals-Home.png

NATIONALS ROAD:

Nationals-Road-powder-blue.png

NATIONALS HOME ALT:

Nationals-Home-Alt.png

NATIONALS HOME/ROAD ALT:

Nationals-Road-Alt.png

The reigning World Series champs look fine as is, but any time I can try out a red, white and blue team in a different color scheme (other than the teams who absolutely own it like the Dodgers, Blue Jays and Cubs) I'll at least consider it, and one less RWB team in the NL East wouldn't be such a bad thing. My concept puts the Nats in slate blue and buff as used by the Colonials of George Washington University. These colors may not scream "U.S.A! U.S.A!" as blatantly as the Nats' real life ones do, but they do have some significance, as they're the colors of the U.S. Presidential seal (and were previously worn by the late '90s-2000s Washington Wizards). I kept the solid slate blue pants from the Colonials' uniforms for the home alt because why not? There's also a nod to the Expos with some powder blue-tinted road unis. And while it doesn't bother me as much as it does others, I decided to drop the Walgreens "W" across the board in favor of the monogram "D.C." C&C appreciated! 

Thanks, @Victormrey!

Another new week begins with the Arizona Diamondbacks!

D-BACKS HOME:

D-Backs-home.png

D-BACKS ROAD:

D-Backs-Road.png

D-BACKS ALT 1:

D-Backs-Home-Alt-flipped-script.png

D-BACKS ALT 2:

D-Backs-Road-Alt.png

This one was staring me right in the face from the very start. As previously suggested by @woody86, the Sun Devils of Arizona State University have one of the very best identities in all of college sports. Since the Diamondbacks have always used at least three different colors at any given time, I decided to keep black so as to distinguish this design from my Angels concept. I also resurrected the D-Backs’ original sleeveless home uniform, early scripts and numbers and diamond pattern sleeve trim for the alternates. While I prefer the D-Backs in purple and turquoise, I feel this color palette would still be an upgrade over their current look. C&C appreciated! 

That second dbacks alt is $$$. I'd be curious what it'd look like if you incorporated some of the charcoal business ASU (and the dbacks for that matter) has been doing in recent years. Not sure if it would add or subtract. Great work! 

8 minutes ago, woody86 said:

That second dbacks alt is $$$. I'd be curious what it'd look like if you incorporated some of the charcoal business ASU (and the dbacks for that matter) has been doing in recent years. Not sure if it would add or subtract. Great work! 

Thanks! And the charcoal suggestion is not a bad idea! Here's how the second alt would look with charcoal replacing black (though I did keep black accents on the logos).

D-Backs-Road-Alt-charcoal.png

Here's what I would like to see for the remainder of this series:

• Baltimore Orioles = Maryland Terrapins
  • Boston Red Sox = Harvard Crimson or Boston College Eagles
  • Chicago Cubs = Illinois Fighting Illini
  • Chicago White Sox = Northwestern Wildcats
  • Cincinnati Reds = UNDECIDED
  • Houston Astros = Texas A&M Aggies
  • Kansas City Royals = Kansas Jayhawks or Kansas State Wildcats
  • Los Angeles Dodgers = UCLA Bruins
  • Milwaukee Brewers = Wisconsin Badgers
  • Minnesota Twins = Minnesota Golden Gophers
  • New York Mets = St. John's Red Storm
  • New York Yankees = Fordham Rams
  • Oakland A's = California Golden Bears
  • Philadelphia Phillies = Penn State Nittany Lions
  • Pittsburgh Pirates = Pittsburgh Panthers
  • St. Louis Cardinals = UNDECIDED
  • San Diego Padres = San Diego State Aztecs
  • San Francisco Giants = Stanford Cardinal
  • Toronto Blue Jays = UNDECIDED

YOZXkBG.png?1

4 hours ago, JH42XCC said:

Here's what I would like to see for the remainder of this series:

• Baltimore Orioles = Maryland Terrapins
  • Boston Red Sox = Harvard Crimson or Boston College Eagles
  • Chicago Cubs = Illinois Fighting Illini
  • Chicago White Sox = Northwestern Wildcats
  • Cincinnati Reds = UNDECIDED
  • Houston Astros = Texas A&M Aggies
  • Kansas City Royals = Kansas Jayhawks or Kansas State Wildcats
  • Los Angeles Dodgers = UCLA Bruins
  • Milwaukee Brewers = Wisconsin Badgers
  • Minnesota Twins = Minnesota Golden Gophers
  • New York Mets = St. John's Red Storm
  • New York Yankees = Fordham Rams
  • Oakland A's = California Golden Bears
  • Philadelphia Phillies = Penn State Nittany Lions
  • Pittsburgh Pirates = Pittsburgh Panthers
  • St. Louis Cardinals = UNDECIDED
  • San Diego Padres = San Diego State Aztecs
  • San Francisco Giants = Stanford Cardinal
  • Toronto Blue Jays = UNDECIDED

Cincy=cincinatti bearcats 

cardinals=mizzou tigers 

blue jays=varsity blues 

and imho:

brewers=Marquette 

phillies=upenn

yankees=Columbia 

otherrwise agreed :)

Yeah, Phillies should be Penn or Temple (Temple has better colors, I'll admit).

I don't know about San Fransisco. I don't think Stanford's colors would suit them well. I wonder if Berkeley is a stretch? Unless they become Oakland...

Also I think the Yankees would look great in Columbia blue, but I also might enjoy NYU Purple.

tinysig.jpg

Archived