Eh, what the hell. Thanks to some great suggestions by @JH42XCC, @woody86 and @Jake3roo, I've decided to pick this series back up. Let's continue today with the Pirates!

PIRATES HOME:

spacer.png

PIRATES ROAD:

spacer.png

PIRATES HOME ALT:

spacer.png

PIRATES ROAD:

spacer.png

The Pirates are given the look of the University of Pittsburgh Panthers, who have one of the most solid looks in college baseball. 

I've got most of the rest of the teams lined up, but I'm really struggling with the Blue Jays. Any suggestions?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/10/2021 at 4:32 PM, Silence of the Rams said:

University of Buffalo?

Good suggestion! I'll go with it.

Today we have the Chicago Cubs!

CUBS HOME:

spacer.png

CUBS ROAD:

spacer.png

CUBS HOME ALT:

spacer.png

CUBS ROAD ALT:

spacer.png

The Cubs are given the University of Illinois Fighting Illini treatment. Since I recently did the Cubs in navy and orange for my recoloring MLB series, I made a few changes this time around, namely using some older team logos and scripts and adding an orange alternate. 

C&C appreciated! 

On 5/11/2021 at 4:45 PM, coco1997 said:

Good suggestion! I'll go with it.

Today we have the Chicago Cubs!

CUBS HOME:

spacer.png

CUBS ROAD:

spacer.png

CUBS HOME ALT:

spacer.png

CUBS ROAD ALT:

spacer.png

The Cubs are given the University of Illinois Fighting Illini treatment. Since I recently did the Cubs in navy and orange for my recoloring MLB series, I made a few changes this time around, namely using some older team logos and scripts and adding an orange alternate. 

C&C appreciated! 

If the Cubs ever decided to change their color scheme for whatever reason, this would be a marvelous uniform set :)

spacer.png

spacer.png

On 5/12/2021 at 7:06 PM, mrcubfan415 said:

If the Cubs ever decided to change their color scheme for whatever reason, this would be a marvelous uniform set :)

Thank you!

Today we have the Orioles!

ORIOLES HOME:

spacer.png

ORIOLES ROAD:

spacer.png

ORIOLES HOME ALT:

spacer.png

ORIOLES HOME ALT 2:
spacer.png

ORIOLES ROAD ALT:

spacer.png

The Orioles adopt the color scheme of the University of Maryland Terrapins. I like this scheme because it uses the color of the Maryland flag, and when seen from a distance, the red and orange sort of bleed together, evoking the Orioles actual color of orange.

C&C appreciated! 

Next up are the Dodgers!

DODGERS HOME:

spacer.png

DODGERS ROAD:

spacer.png

DODGERS HOME/ROAD ALT:

spacer.png

I put the Dodgers in the colors of the University of California, Los Angeles Bruins. Since I used a very similar color scheme for my Dodgers x Chargers design in my other thread, this one uses a piping style specific to UCLA's uniforms. 

C&C appreciated! The Mets will be up next. 

On 5/15/2021 at 4:07 PM, Coiler said:

The Turtle-Orioles look great, as do the Phillies and Expos.

The Clemson-Detroit Tigers look like a baseball-fied Phoenix Suns that moved north, but that's not a bad thing.

Thanks!

This evening we have the Mets!

METS HOME:
spacer.png

METS ROAD:

spacer.png

METS HOME/ROAD ALT:

spacer.png

For the Mets, I went with the color of the Violets of New York University. This is basically the Mets in the colors of the Colorado Rockies. Let me know what you think!

The Red Sox are up next!

The Purple Mets remind me of both the Rockies and the infamous purple plaid 1916 Giants.

@Coiler Not a bad comparison!

Up today are the Red Sox!

RED SOX HOME:

spacer.png

RED SOX ROAD:

spacer.png

RED SOX HOME ALT:

spacer.png

RED SOX HOME/ROAD ALT:

spacer.png

Knowing that I had to keep red in their identity, I went with the Eagles of Boston College. This design uses a deeper shade of red and light gold instead of navy. 

C&C appreciated! The A's are next. 

On 5/18/2021 at 3:20 PM, Coiler said:

Good work. I'm a sucker for Red Sox designs using secondary colors other than blue. (This and the various part-green Red Sox designs around the internet are some of my favorites)

Thanks! I did a green Red Sox design in my other thread.

Up this evening we have the Oakland A's!

A's HOME:

spacer.png

A's ROAD:

spacer.png

A's HOME ALT:

spacer.png

A's ROAD ALT:

spacer.png

For the A's, I went with navy and athletic gold used by the Golden Bears of the University of California, Berkeley. To distinguish this set a bit from the A's actual uniforms, I added piping on the home jersey (but not the road) and went with an off-white base. I also brought back the Old English "O" from the 1940s Oakland Oaks uniforms

C&C appreciated as usual. The Reds will be next! 

• coco1997 changed the title to MLB x College Baseball (A's x Cal State Golden Bears 5/19)

I really like how the Oakland and Baltimore word marks have no outline but still manage to pop, great looks! Instead of the gold uni, for Boston, I was thinking something with the subliminal als unis bc has done in the past.

12 hours ago, bcon_731 said:

I really like how the Oakland and Baltimore wordmarks have no outline but still manage to pop, great looks! Instead of the gold uni, for Boston, I was thinking something with the subliminal als unis bc has done in the past.

Thanks! You see a lot of this in college baseball where the piping (or lack thereof) is not consistent across a team's uniforms, making for some interesting mix and match combos. 

As for the Boston ASL uniform, I'm afraid I'm not familiar with those. Could you point me in the right direction?

13 hours ago, Coiler said:

Ah, red and black (assuming the college they're imitating is what I think it is).

Pretty close! (I think you guessed the correct college, but the colors are a bit different.) 

Here are the Reds!

REDS HOME:

spacer.png

REDS ROAD:
spacer.png

REDS HOME/ROAD ALT:
spacer.png

As was previously suggested by multiple people, the Reds use the colors of the Ohio State University Buckeyes, scarlet and gray. I brought back simple block numbers and eliminated trim on the road set, evoking the Big Red Machine-era road unis. 

C&C appreciated. The Royals are on deck!

• coco1997 changed the title to MLB x College Baseball (Reds x OSU Buckeyes 5/21)
On 5/22/2021 at 8:36 AM, bcon_731 said:

Ah, thanks for that. It feels a little too MiLB for this series, so I think I'll keep the solid gold alternate. Thanks for the suggestion, though. 

We start this week with the Royals!

ROYALS HOME:

spacer.png

ROYALS ROAD:

spacer.png

ROYALS ALT:

spacer.png

The more obvious choice for the Royals would probably have been the University of Kansas Jayhawks, but since that look wasn't different enough from the Royals' actual uniforms, I chose the Kansas State University Wildcats instead. Purple works well for the Royals, and I used lavender as the base for the road uniform as a nod to the Royals' '70s-80s powder blue set. 

C&C appreciated. The Astros are next!

• coco1997 changed the title to MLB x College Baseball (Royals x KSU Wildcats 5/24)
19 hours ago, Coiler said:

Love the lavender road uniforms, and since purple is the traditional color of royalty, it works very well.

Thanks!

Today we have the Houston Astros:

ASTROS HOME:

spacer.png

ASTROS ROAD:

spacer.png

ASTROS HOME/ROAD ALT:

spacer.png

The Astros are assigned the colors of the Aggies of Texas A&M University. I brought back Houston's early 2000s scripts and used the "fancy" numbers from their mid '70s uniforms. The monochrome pinstriped alternate would be worn both at home and on the road. 

C&C is appreciated. The Padres are up next! 

• coco1997 changed the title to MLB x College Baseball (Astros x Texas A&M Aggies 5/26)

Archived