Masta Sports Design

PhilaLogos

I'm now in the process of building a site for my designs called Masta Sports Design. Since I'm just an improving designer (as far as logos and stuff), I thought maybe I could make the site and if there was a good designer here who may want to showcase their stuff on the site, I'll be glad to put it up there. I would also be having pople pay for concepts on the site so you would make about 70% of the earnings. If you're interested, just say so and post a few of your concepts as well. Thanks.

-Jordan

P.S- If you want me to, I could show you a preveiw of the site, it's pretty cool looking.

Howard1.jpg

sure, why not. I'll give you the address when I put it on the net. But, c'mon guys, none of you want a proffesional site to showcase your designs and possibly make money off of it? All you have to do is send me your concepts.

Howard1.jpg

You could do what the semi pro leagues do and just trawl through the old threads, and steal the logos you would like to use.

(I'm just kidding! Don't do that, someday, somehow, somewhere, it'll come back to bite you. Like it will to the guys in the semi pro leagues mentioned above.)

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

...I would also be having pople pay for concepts on the site so you would make about 70% of the earnings. If you're interested, just say so and post a few of your concepts as well. Thanks....

first off, who sets the price?

secondly, 70% is a little weak, if you ask me.....which you kinda did, in a way, by posting this.

agents generally get, what? 5 - 15%......a finder's fee of 30% is a little ridiculous, in my opinion. if i'm doing all the hard work, and someone wants my design, i expect, as the freelancer, to get at least 85% of total payment.

i'm tired of seeing designers not get their just due from people that troll these boards to get what they want, have it delivered and jack our plop without a fair price.

'here's $50 for a corporate logo'.....fluff YOU!

'here's a nickel and a half for a semi-pro team logo'.....fluff YOU!

'here's $250 for a corporate logo'.....fluff YOU!!!

'can you do a logo for a fantasy team, that i'll steal and use for my plop league'....fluff YOU!!!

this is not all directed to you, personally, PhilaLogos. i'm just sick and tired of people in my profession, or trying to get a break getting screwed by unknowns trying to get their way for next to nothing.

thanks and good afternoon.

I agree with joel...all your really doing is posting concepts on a page. something any of us can do. and then you want 30% of the total for that?

That, and do you have any kind of contacts that make it more appealing to us then starting our own sites? I mean, maybe if you had an in with leagues or something, then it'd be worth it.

But for now, I'll stick on my own where I get 100% for my work.

I would first consult with the logo maker on the price.

Maybe I would make it more like 85%. But I'm doing all of the web design, handling customers, and promoting the site, so its not true that he's doing all of the work. But, ok, I'll make it 85%.

The third thing I don't really understand. Are you saying I'm gonna steal the logos they make? Or take the money for myself? If thats what ur saying thats really inconsiderate and wrong to say. If you mean something else, please explain it to me.

Howard1.jpg

this is not all directed to you, personally, PhilaLogos. i'm just sick and tired of people in my profession, or trying to get a break getting screwed by unknowns trying to get their way for next to nothing.

like i said...not all directed at you....people here have been screwed repeatedly by trollers, and i'm just making my feelings known......unfortunately for you, it happened to be in your thread. for that, i apologize. for my comments, i don't.

I dont have anything against PhilaLogos, but I would just like to give any interested designers a heads up. The site is obviously hosted on a free web server, and the domain name is also free as well. I am not sure how serious this 'company' is.

Doh!

Yeah, everyone else on here has a hosted site too. I just didn't feel like spending 25$ a month to not have banner ads.

The first thing you should do is get your own domain and hosting service. Then potential clients & customers will take you more seriously.

If I were the designers on this board interested in working for pay, I would create my own site to display my work. Then I would bid for jobs on sites that specialize in freelance work. In that way, you can get experience in the industry.

Philalogos, I think you still have a lot of homework to do before pitching for clients for your site.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Archived