2020-21 International Club Soccer Kits

officeglenn

We're starting to see leaks of next season's kits for European soccer leagues, so it's probably time to start up a new thread for 2020-21.

Β 

Probably the biggest change will be Liverpool switching to Nike after a protracted legal battle where New Balance sought to keep the contract, but ultimately failed. No leaks from Nike yet, but I'm sure something is in the works given Liverpool's status.

Β 

Also, there are a few details floating around about Arsenal's kits. It appears the home kit will feature a darker red than this year's, possibly with a chevron pattern.

Β 

AFC-Footyheadlines-red-2020-adidas.jpg

Β 

The away kit is rumoured to be "cloud white" with red trim. It's not unprecedented for Arsenal to wear white away kits, but as Arseblog points out, it might be uncomfortably close to our North London rivals.

Β 

The third kit is where things get really interesting. Images have surfaced online of merchandise in a highlighter yellow-navy blue-pink colour scheme (see below). How these will be arranged to make an aesthetically pleasing kit, I do not know.Β 

Β 

Adidas-Arsenal-Third-Kit-.jpg

• officeglenn changed the title to 2020-21 European Club Soccer Kits
  • Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, andregunts said:

so non European club teams (MLS, South Americans. etc) will have a different thread?

Β 

MLS has its own thread already, but you're right, maybe "international" would be better than "European".

• officeglenn changed the title to 2020-21 International Club Soccer Kits
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Word is that Serie A is consideringΒ a standardised name and numbers font from next season...

Β 

EDIT: Ah, this is interesting as well - an Italian journalist has noted that there's set to be a ban on coloured backgrounds forΒ sponsor logos, such as the horrid red block on the Napoli shirt. I don't know how reliable his sources are, mind.

Β 

B7Jk6Fh.png

23 hours ago, Waffles said:

I guess this should technically go in a yet-to-be-created 2020/21 megathread, butΒ according to FootyHeadlines, this will be Tottenham's home kit next year:

Screen_Shot_2020_02_17_at_8.50.10_AM.png

Β 

It's not good! I guess when we were granted our wish to break free of Nike's templates, it was one of those monkey's paw scenarios.

It'd make for an awesome Chargers jersey though.

And now a leak of Tottenham's fourth (!?) kit:

spurs_fourth_kits.jpg

Β 

I'm not crazy aboutΒ the centered logo and swoosh, but besides that I don't hate the design.

Β 

What I DO viscerally hate is that this is inspired by a Nike shoe. Not byΒ Tottenham's club heritage or by the culture or features of theΒ surrounding area, but a shoe once made by theΒ company that currently makes the uniform, a shoe which has no unique relationship to the team as far as I can tell. It really sucksΒ when uniform manufacturers put their identity ahead of that of the club's like this.

On 2/17/2020 at 10:41 AM, Waffles said:

It's not good! I guess when we were granted our wish to break free of Nike's templates, it was one of those monkey's paw scenarios.

Β 

Sad, but true. The pattern doesn't bother me much. The collar is OK, but the shoulders/sleeves and lightning bolts suuuuuuuck.

Β 

Β 

I, too, like that gray kit save for the centered swoosh and crest. Why??

gYH2mW9.png

Archived