officeglenn

2020-21 International Club Soccer Kits

I don’t love their cup font, but Arsenal’s new kit is gorgeous.  

spacer.png

I’m so glad they bought their way out of the Puma contract.

I especially love the red socks, which preserve the perfect balance between the two colors.  I thought that might just be something for facing Chelsea, but their online shop only has red socks for sale.  Beautiful. 

I don't like the pattern. In general, I just think patterns usually cheapen the integrity of a kit.

I prefer last year’s Arsenal kit because of the brighter red and the absence of the ugly white paneling on the back of the shoulders, but Adidas is running laps around Puma at this point.

22 hours ago, Gothamite said:

I don’t love their cup font, but Arsenal’s new kit is gorgeous.  

spacer.png

I’m so glad they bought their way out of the Puma contract.

I especially love the red socks, which preserve the perfect balance between the two colors.  I thought that might just be something for facing Chelsea, but their online shop only has red socks for sale.  Beautiful. 

I see Arsenal wanted to bring in the 'bruised banana 2.0' away kit and applied to home. I see what Adidas is trying to do but it feels gaudy to even when worn on the pitch.

Also, their cup font feels medieval for a club inspired by an arms factory founded way before the middle ages.

The blackletter is a reference to this logo, used in a number of variations from 1949 through 2002. 

spacer.png

Sheffield United kit looks like a knockoff UA Southampton jersey from 2 years ago. Just poor. 

22 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Sheffield United kit looks like a knockoff UA Southampton jersey from 2 years ago. Just poor. 

The raglan sleeves didn't help the case either.

12 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

New cup font for Manchester United.

Gives me some mid-2000 Nike-style vibes.

1 hour ago, Friedrich Stuart Macbeth said:

Gives me some mid-2000 Nike-style vibes.

Reminds me of the France numbers.

New Everton away, allegedly. Like the yellow, don't care for the crest in mono-blue on yellow

I'm sure it may have been mentioned in this thread but I didn't know Everton went with Hummel.

I'm sure I've said it before, but I'm really not a fan of teams changing their iconic crest colors to fit one-off alternate kits

I don't have a problem with it broadly speaking, it's the nature of designing wacky change kits in odd color schemes, but it doesn't seem necessary on that Everton kit? 

I like the Everton version; given that the home crest really ends up looking like white lines on the blue kit, this is just blue lines on a yellow kit.

3 hours ago, -kj said:

I like the Everton version; given that the home crest really ends up looking like white lines on the blue kit, this is just blue lines on a yellow kit.

I don't think it works there, I feel like without being the standard blue/white of Everton, it tips that kit's color balance too far yellow. I feel like the shirt needs a hair more blue.

And as an Oxford United fan, I am definitely pro yellow football shirts.

5 hours ago, -kj said:

It wouldn't hurt if the crest is either all blue or white with blue outlines.

This happened back in June, but I didn't see it on the boards anywhere.  Looks like a new crest for Stade de Reims:

stade-reims-logo-7.jpg