2020-21 International Club Soccer Kits

officeglenn

1 hour ago, aawagner011 said:

I believe this Manchester United shirt has been posted before but I don’t recall seeing the shorts posted. This might go down as one of the worst kits of the last few decades.

If the shirt was the only piece with the design, you could write it off as quirky but relatively harmless as it’s not uncommon to use experimental designs for the tops. Seeing it continued into the shorts or the socks takes this from questionable to an absolute dumpster fire. Who approved this? There will be 11 zebras running around the pitch. This kit needed white shorts and socks and it would have been passable.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

At least they won't be hard to see for color blind people. I was thinking black shorts and plain white socks. These are just brutal. If I was Man United I'd get every other kit maker on the phone now if this is how adidas is making me stand out. These look like pajamas,not a soccer kit.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Berlin Wall said:

While looking up the values of ukrainian players I noticed that Olimpik Donezk has one of the prettiest logos in all of soccer.

I thought that's worth a share.

main.jpg

Oh, that is amazingly beautiful. I love this one. Definitely going straight to my favourite logos list.

20 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

I believe this Manchester United shirt has been posted before but I don’t recall seeing the shorts posted. This might go down as one of the worst kits of the last few decades.

If the shirt was the only piece with the design, you could write it off as quirky but relatively harmless as it’s not uncommon to use experimental designs for the tops. Seeing it continued into the shorts or the socks takes this from questionable to an absolute dumpster fire. Who approved this? There will be 11 zebras running around the pitch. This kit needed white shorts and socks and it would have been passable.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

So hear me out for a second... this, but with a red base and a darker red instead of the black, making a tonal effect, would not be a bad kit.

It's the contrast that kills this.

1 hour ago, Digby said:

The United third will be worn on the field with white shorts and socks, plus a white back, so it probably won't be quite as dizzying to watch in play as initially thought.

manchester-united-third-kit-20-21-4.jpg

I feel like black shorts would look better. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

11 hours ago, Digby said:

Fulham with the white-on-yellow away kit for this year. Big yikes. Never understood why teams who wear white as a first-choice can get away with such a light secondary, besides.

fulham-20-21-kits+%25285%2529.jpg

The thing to remember is that this will be worn against teams like Arsenal and maybe Burnley, Aston Villa and West Ham. That ti doesn't clash significantly with the home shirt isn't an issue. That being said, they've been with adidas a few years and coming out witha  teamwear like shirt that I can take to the sports store and doll up with a screened on badge and sponsor for less than $35-$50 is pretty poor. The home shirt is pretty poor as well. They did bring their red kit from last year up as their third kit. 

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2020/09/fulham-20-21-home-away-kits-released.html

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

The thing to remember is that this will be worn against teams like Arsenal and maybe Burnley, Aston Villa and West Ham. That ti doesn't clash significantly with the home shirt isn't an issue. That being said, they've been with adidas a few years and coming out witha  teamwear like shirt that I can take to the sports store and doll up with a screened on badge and sponsor for less than $35-$50 is pretty poor. 

Why would Fulham change vs red/burgundy teams? Their home is white with black sleeves, meaning the teams they'll need to change against are Brighton, Leeds, Newcastle, Sheffield, Southampton, Tottenham, West Brom, and maybe Wolves. Yellow doesn't work against the plain white of Leeds and Tottenham, IMO doesn't work well against color/white stripes but it's been done in the past, and clashes more than white against Wolves. They'll have to get a third for quite a few games.

ExJworW.png

1 minute ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Why would Fulham change vs red/burgundy teams? Their home is white with black sleeves, meaning the teams they'll need to change against are Brighton, Leeds, Newcastle, Sheffield, Southampton, Tottenham, West Brom, and maybe Wolves. Yellow doesn't work against the plain white of Leeds and Tottenham, IMO doesn't work well against color/white stripes but it's been done in the past, and clashes more than white against Wolves. They'll have to get a third for quite a few games.

Because they want to expose the design to get more people to buy it. Yellow shouldn't be worn vs teams with white shirts but we've seen that happen before, even in the World Cup. I'm guessing by choosing a teamwear design that Fulham wasn't thinking ahead and made a last minute decision to go with what they did. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

How do kit deals work for yo-yo'ing teams like Fulham? Do clubs get to tear up their contract if they get promoted and they're stuck with a lower-league deal? I realize Fulham are a bad example since they're doing Adidas C-team-level looks last year and this, but maybe they at least get more favorable terms now?

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

18 minutes ago, Digby said:

How do kit deals work for yo-yo'ing teams like Fulham? Do clubs get to tear up their contract if they get promoted and they're stuck with a lower-league deal? I realize Fulham are a bad example since they're doing Adidas C-team-level looks last year and this, but maybe they at least get more favorable terms now?

Leeds signed a new deal with adidas this year after using Kappa for the last two years or so. I know the shirt sponsor deals should say how much they'll pay depending on the league which is why you'll see those change depending on a team going up or down the pyramid. I'd think the kit deals should have similar provisions as well. Teams like Fulham and Derby County seem to be happy with just picking a shirt out of the catalog and slapping there badges on it. Then you have teams like Brighton who's home shirt designs changed so little in the last 3 seasons that fans complained about it.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

13 hours ago, Digby said:

Fulham with the white-on-yellow away kit for this year. Big yikes. Never understood why teams who wear white as a first-choice can get away with such a light secondary, besides.

fulham-20-21-kits+%25285%2529.jpg

Who knew Fulham was in the Tour de France?

I saw, I came, I left.

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Yellow shouldn't be worn vs teams with white shirts

I'm not sure I agree with this.  I'm a fan of a yellow-primary team, and I've never seen any issue with them playing in yellow against teams in white.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

1 minute ago, -kj said:

I'm not sure I agree with this.  I'm a fan of a yellow-primary team, and I've never seen any issue with them playing in yellow against teams in white.

I'm a fan of a yellow football team as well and the matchup just looks better when playing against a darker color as opposed to white. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived