2020-21 International Club Soccer Kits

officeglenn

Chelsea away:

spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png

Sponsor logo aside, I’m a big fan of this kit. The pattern on the shirt is quite nice, and the pale blue/navy color combo is both reminiscent of the 05/06 away kit and a nice change of pace from Nike’s previous away kits for the Blues.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/1/2020 at 8:16 PM, Berlin Wall said:

Chelsea and ManUtd should just swap manufacturers again and call it a day.

Agree and disagree, because both should go back to Umbro especially Man United.

4r2eer.png

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Rangers were banned from using Hummel and had to scramble to find a kit maker. Puma, Nike and adidas weren't going to give them a deal comparable to what Celtic got so they ended up with Castore, who seem to be what Under Armour was before outfitting Maryland athletics and what Reebok is now, more focused on workout gear and individual athletes. Andy Murray is one of their athletes now.

https://cdn.footyheadlines.com/amp/3190996736262452952

Ok, so it’s once again, financial improprieties (that got Rangers punted down to the third division in the first place) and shady back room deals, should’ve known with Rangers. 
It’d be a stretch to call then an up and coming Under Armour yet, though; Andy Murray is a name, though fallen off the tennis map all the same.

I saw some people accusing Castore of copying nike, which made me laugh because all brands take from others or they copy. The stripe on the back and the collar both things are copied apparently that aren't really specal and done on most shirts. Also Murray is a shareholder of Castore.

Umbro to me is football. Adidas and Nike just feel generic, soulless and corporate to me. Which is appropriate because that's what these clubs have largely become I guess 

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

On 7/3/2020 at 9:52 AM, upperV03 said:

Chelsea away:

spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png

Sponsor logo aside, I’m a big fan of this kit. The pattern on the shirt is quite nice, and the pale blue/navy color combo is both reminiscent of the 05/06 away kit and a nice change of pace from Nike’s previous away kits for the Blues.

Love this. Thinking I'm gonna get a Pulisic.

The sponsor still blows, wish therer was a wordmark there or they just stayed with Yokohama but what are you gonna do.

19 hours ago, Bayne said:

Umbro to me is football. Adidas and Nike just feel generic, soulless and corporate to me. Which is appropriate because that's what these clubs have largely become I guess 

That's a load of bollocks. To me, Adidas and Nike are capable of producing decent-looking football kits...if they can put enough personality that is. Just look at Man City's latest. It takes inspiration from Manchester's music history and architecture. My mistake. It's currently made by Puma now. But I guess you might consider them 'generic' as well.

And besides, I like a bit of sportswear diversity in the Premier League. Otherwise, everybody would be willing to sign up to Umbro instead. Which while I don't mind, makes me think of Adidas making kits for all MLS teams. That is something the Premier League is not meant to be.

9 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Tottenham home kits leaked.

spacer.png

Get rid of the half sleeves and jagged side panels (or make them straight at least). Only then, it'll be your average Spurs kit.

46 minutes ago, VikWings said:

The sponsor still blows, wish therer was a wordmark there or they just stayed with Yokohama but what are you gonna do.

Is there something wrong with the logo itself? Or perhaps it doesn't suit well for football kits?

9 minutes ago, Friedrich Stuart Macbeth said:

That's a load of bollocks. To me, Adidas and Nike are capable of producing decent-looking football kits...if they can put enough personality that is. Just look at Man City's latest. It takes inspiration from Manchester's music history and architecture.

I know they CAN, I just haven't seen enough of that. Too often they're just generic templates. I see a better hit-miss ratio from Umbro. And when it does hit, to me it comes off as looking more classic football kit than any other manufacturer that I know.

2 minutes ago, Bayne said:

I know they CAN, I just haven't seen enough of that. Too often they're just generic templates. I see a better hit-miss ratio from Umbro. And when it does hit, to me it comes off as looking more classic football kit than any other manufacturer that I know.

Fair enough.

55 minutes ago, VikWings said:

I would own at least half a dozen kits if it wasn't for sponsor logos. As it is, I don't really buy kits because I'm not a walking billboard for non-sporting organisations. And they usually ruin a kit or at the very least make it worse.

I don’t hate that Chelsea kit, but it does lean a touch toward Man City for me. Too much blue that’s not Chelsea blue. That classic 2005 away was one of my early favorites, but in my head it was more light aqua/black than this one. (And yeah, even by the standards of bad sponsors, this one doesn’t fit for modern Chelsea.)

as for Spurs, less said the better. Looks like a create-a-jersey mode where someone toggled on every trim option at once. Restraint is helpful.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Archived