NFL Flag Redesign (Logos 8/32)(Uniforms 0/32)

YelichGraphics

This was an idea I had back in 2014 during the winter olympics and I have tried to do two other times. Also kind of reinforced by the NBA with their recent city edition uniforms. My idea was what if every NFL team's identity came from their city/state flag. I hope you enjoy, I will start with logos, and finish with uniforms.

Arizona Copper Comets

The idea for Arizona's name actually proven to be quite difficult. I wanted to do something sun related as the flag is represented but couldn't find a good solution. After a failed logo attempt with the Arizona Flare, I decided to do more research on the state and saw the nickname, The Copper State. As I tried to incorporate copper into the original Flare and now Copper Flares logo I found it was another failed attempt. TBH Comet was't exactly derived from the flag of the state but because Copper Comets sounded good. With the subtle nod to the flag in color and the sun rays coming from the football comet at the bottom, I'm quite pleased where this one ended up.

AxxRsEL.jpg

Atlanta Resurgens

When I first saw the flag, yet basically just a seal, I fell in love with it right away. Once again I struggled with a name. I wanted to be more creative than call them the phoenix just because there was a phoenix. When I searched Resurgens, confused on the meaning, the definition popped-up as rising from the ashes, hence forth why they put the phoenix on the flag. I decided then and there to keep this one more simplistic than the last one by just redesigning the seal as a logo. When doing the phoenix I saw a great opportunity to add the Atlanta Falcons spark to the logo. I am very satisfied with this one and its tie to the city of Atlanta.

eMdM7BO.jpg

Baltimore Ramparts

Baltimore's city flag is one that is derived from their state flag of Maryland. I named this team ramparts because of Fort McHenry. For those who are not US History buffs, This is where Francis Scott Key wrote a little poem called The Star-Spangled Banner". As well ramparts appears in this patriotic poem. The shield shape is the exact one with the flag. It was fun doing two point perspective on illustrator I can tell you that 😂.

4xUOGIl.jpg

Oh man I already love this. Great inspiration and creation of these logos! I can't wait to see what else you have.

The one thing that bugs me is the Atlanta logo. Having the team name on the top and city on the bottom just reads weird. I get why you did that, with the flag and all. Maybe it would differentiate itself from the flag a bit more if that was swapped?

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Buffalo Storm

This name was pretty self explanatory to the flag, and especially the weather in Buffalo, with my first hand experience. basics of any Storm logo you will find. Cloud? BOOM! got it. Lightning? Boom! got it. To add a little Buffalo into it I added a lighter shade of the flag blue to the color scheme to give the storm a snow blizzard vibe.

5kOsZXU.jpg

Carolina Monarchs

There was a lot to work with on this one as Carolina is considered a region. That means I could of chosen either North Carolina's flag or South Carolina's flag. To keep the region in tact I decided to go with Charlotte's flag, yet they had two. One blue with their seal, and one green with a crown. The city is nicknamed the Queen City because it was named after the Mad King George III's queen, Queen Charlotte. The crown that became the logo is a direct reflection of King George's crown on his family crest, with the change of color, hexagon gems to signify Charlotte's other nickname the Hive, and to top it all off the two states in all of its glory.

DicX73y.jpg

DQGeQBV.png

3 hours ago, YelichGraphics said:

Carolina Monarchs

There was a lot to work with on this one as Carolina is considered a region. That means I could of chosen either North Carolina's flag or South Carolina's flag. To keep the region in tact I decided to go with Charlotte's flag, yet they had two. One blue with their seal, and one green with a crown. The city is nicknamed the Queen City because it was named after the Mad King George III's queen, Queen Charlotte. The crown that became the logo is a direct reflection of King George's crown on his family crest, with the change of color, hexagon gems to signify Charlotte's other nickname the Hive the Hornet's Nest, and to top it all off the two states in all of its glory.

DicX73y.jpg

FTFY

I love this logo! Charlotte's flag situation is kinda weird, we recently adopted the green flag seen here, which is the civic flag. The other is the official official one, even though it kinda sucks. I will say that the hexagon jewels and top part seem a little off, but I can't really put how, per se. Either way, great work so far!

the user formerly known as cdclt

On 1/21/2020 at 4:51 PM, YelichGraphics said:

Baltimore Ramparts

Baltimore's city flag is one that is derived from their state flag of Maryland. I named this team ramparts because of Fort McHenry. For those who are not US History buffs, This is where Francis Scott Key wrote a little poem called The Star-Spangled Banner". As well ramparts appears in this patriotic poem. The shield shape is the exact one with the flag. It was fun doing two point perspective on illustrator I can tell you that 😂.

4xUOGIl.jpg

Not to sound overly critical, but I believe the poem Key wrote was actually called, "Defence of Fort M'Henry".. at least until a portion of it was set to music and used as our national anthem.. I'm pretty sure this is the case, although it's entity possible that I'm misinformed..

17 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

Not to sound overly critical, but I believe the poem Key wrote was actually called, "Defence of Fort M'Henry".. at least until a portion of it was set to music and used as our national anthem.. I'm pretty sure this is the case, although it's entity possible that I'm misinformed..

Idk Wikipedia said the poem was titled The Star Spangled Banner, but it is wikipedia so you might be right. I do know the song was originally a drinking song before the lyrics where changed to the poem, thus creating the greatest national anthem.

Chicago Gangsters

With very little to work with, with a very simple flag I decided to name the Chicago team after the infamous gangster Al Capone. With a logo depicting him without his face, because faces are hard 😂. I added the dark grey to give the teams identity more of a gritty feel.

Ik4JrjN.jpg

Cincinnati Catfish

Another tricky one! Without any thing that I could find on wikipedia I was at a lost to call the Cincinnati team who's flag is consistent of the Ohio River, and a C. Going off the river I searched the fish in the area and came across the Blue Catfish. 

Cincinnati-Catfish.png

Archived