MLB + NFL Colors/Jersey Designs

buckeye

I've attempted to take MLB teams, combined with NFL counterparts and their jersey designs, C&C always welcome! This may be a series for the full league, I'm open to requests as well. And with that, here we go...

LA ANGELS = RAMS

The thought here was to try and mimic the Rams horns design with some sort of wing design on the sleeves.

spacer.png

OAKLAND A'S = RAIDERS

spacer.png

HOUSTON ASTROS = TEXANS

spacer.png

TORONTO BLUE JAYS = BILLS

spacer.png

CLEVELAND INDIANS = BROWNS

Inspired by the color rush but in away form.

spacer.png

CINCINNATI REDS = BENGALS

spacer.png

PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES = EAGLES

spacer.png

This is fantastic! I love the wings on the Angels sleeves. Though I will admit, a team called the “Reds” in orange and black is a bit weird, haha.

I hope you decide to do the full league. I think a Mariners + Seahawks mashup could especially look pretty cool. 

1 hour ago, coco1997 said:

This is fantastic! I love the wings on the Angels sleeves. Though I will admit, a team called the “Reds” in orange and black is a bit weird, haha.

I hope you decide to do the full league. I think a Mariners + Seahawks mashup could especially look pretty cool. 

I thought about that with the Reds as well! But figured I may as well keep with the theme here. Seahawks to Mariners is coming up!

1 hour ago, Eastport76 said:

For my Red Sox, please to not use the Patriots’ outdated piping for them.

Definitely Pat Patriot or Color Rush coming there for sure.

Next up...

ARIZONA DIAMONDBACKS = CARDINALS

spacer.png

NY METS = JETS

spacer.png

CHICAGO CUBS = BEARS

spacer.png

SEATTLE MARINERS = SEAHAWKS

spacer.png

Man, these are all SO good. My favorites are the Mariners and Cubs. Interesting how the D-Backs aren't terribly far off from their actual uniforms. Any chance you could flip the colors on the Mariners script? The green outline is so thin that it becomes practically invisible when viewed from a distance.

I think the biggest thing lost by mashing up MLB uniforms with NFL is the pinstripes, which are so quintessentially "baseball." But I love these designs nonetheless. Hope to see the Twins x Vikings, Marlins x Dolphins and Nationals x Redskins!

I’d probably reverse the green and black on the Mets/jets jersey. Or brighten the green. Other than that GET ME THAT JERSEY 

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

1 hour ago, Blindsay said:

I’d probably reverse the green and black on the Mets/jets jersey. Or brighten the green. Other than that GET ME THAT JERSEY 

I debated on brightening up the green but I've been trying to follow the color codes via TruColor so that's why it may seem slightly more drab than normal.

3 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Man, these are all SO good. My favorites are the Mariners and Cubs. Interesting how the D-Backs aren't terribly far off from their actual uniforms. Any chance you could flip the colors on the Mariners script? The green outline is so thin that it becomes practically invisible when viewed from a distance.

I think the biggest thing lost by mashing up MLB uniforms with NFL is the pinstripes, which are so quintessentially "baseball." But I love these designs nonetheless. Hope to see the Twins x Vikings, Marlins x Dolphins and Nationals x Redskins!

The main reason for the outline being small is on the Seahawks numbers, you can hardly see the outline as is, but I can look at making it more bold. I do fight with the pinstripes for these designs but I think it would muddy up most of them.

MIAMI MARLINS = DOLPHINS

spacer.png

SAN DIEGO PADRES = CHARGERS

I tried to figure out a way to mimic the bolts, and what better than the Padres favorite pattern... digital camo.

spacer.png

TAMPA BAY RAYS = BUCS

spacer.png

TEXAS RANGERS = COWBOYS

spacer.png

Great job on the rest of the league! A few comments and observations:

- The Nationals look great with the Redskins colors, as do the Brewers in the Packers colors.  

- Could you post a larger version of the Red Sox? I think it was the only team who was not posted on its own. 

- The camo within the shoulder hoops on the Padres is a nice touch. 

- For the Giants, I'd keep black (maybe as a drop shadow?) as it's a color shared by the Giants and 49ers, and it'd make them look less like the Royals/Chiefs. 

- Could we see the White Sox in the style and colors of the Bears?

- Maybe add the placket piping back to the Tigers.

- I'm curious to see how some of the teams that famously wear pinstripes (Yankees, Rockies, Mets) would look with them restored.  

This was a really well done project. Glad you shared it with us! 

Archived