Cleveland Browns Rebrand

Faxion

spacer.png

If ever there was a team that was in need of a rebrand, it's the Cleveland Browns! I mean...their primary logo is the generic NFL helmet icon from the 70s.

With this design I suggest the unthinkable, by adorning the actual helmet with a logo.

This is an evolution of an existing secondary logo the team uses. But reworking the 'B' to house a 'C' making it distinct to Cleveland, as there a are many teams that use a letter B across all sports.

The stripes are a nod to the helmet stripe of the past, giving it a link to the proud history the team.

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, Faxion said:

spacer.png

I'd leave the logo off the helmets, that's a big no no for Browns fans. Bring the wordmark and numbers down so that the NFL shield can sit properly at the neck. Did you do this in Photoshop and then add the numbers? It looks a little off. I'd probably change the number font too. These numbers look better with an outline on them. 

So I get that this is a concept, so I'm not going to say "there shouldn't be a logo on the helmet". I agree there shouldn't, but it's a concept, so lets see what we can iron out from what you have.

As far as the logo goes, I don't like the parts of the stripe next to your CB on the helmet with the stripe still down the middle of the helmet. I'd put just the CB on the side and let that stand on it's own.

As far as the jerseys, I'd go with just the orange pants, but put that stripe on the side. It would match the helmet, and would work with both the brown and white jerseys.

9 hours ago, Faxion said:

spacer.png

If ever there was a team that was in need of a rebrand, it's the Cleveland Browns! I mean...their primary logo is the generic NFL helmet icon from the 70s.

With this design I suggest the unthinkable, by adorning the actual helmet with a logo.

This is an evolution of an existing secondary logo the team uses. But reworking the 'B' to house a 'C' making it distinct to Cleveland, as there a are many teams that use a letter B across all sports.

The stripes are a nod to the helmet stripe of the past, giving it a link to the proud history the team.

spacer.png

Great Job! I really like how you placed the hidden C in with the B! Now if we can just get the Bengals to drop the B with the Tiger stripes and bring back the Tiger head logo ( lord knows why they dropped in the first place?), maybe these two NFL franchises from Ohio can finally have some decent indentities!

Guest darkpiranha

Cool design.  The only thing that's bugging me, and it might not be un-buggable, is my brain wants the stroke around the B to be the same thickness as the brown stripe.  And minor nitpick #2 is that the B on Browns is different than the B logo.  It's ALMOST the same, but the fact that they don't match their basic forms nicks at me.

8 hours ago, darkpiranha said:

Cool design.  The only thing that's bugging me, and it might not be un-buggable, is my brain wants the stroke around the B to be the same thickness as the brown stripe.  And minor nitpick #2 is that the B on Browns is different than the B logo.  It's ALMOST the same, but the fact that they don't match their basic forms nicks at me.

spacer.png

So I have some thoughts.

Firstly, this concept is actually off to a great start. You've got some fantastic things going on here.

• The C-in-a-B logo is fantastic. It would make for a great primary logo.
  • I would try to develop a full font with similar letter forms to that C-in-a-B. It bugs me that the C in "CLEVELAND" and the "B" in BROWNS are different from the logo.
  • Similarly to that, the number font could also use some work. The generic Nike Washington State lookalike font doesn't work with the wordmark. One's serif-based, the other isn't. I, personally, like to have the fonts match.
  • I actually like the helmet with the logo, but I get that Browns fans wouldn't. I like your solution of putting the C-in-a-B on the front.

Guest darkpiranha
10 hours ago, Faxion said:

spacer.png

Love it.  Logo on the front of the helmet is pretty unique for the NFL and allows the Browns to stay unique-ish.  As I've always hated the Browns' bland colors and design, it takes a lot for me to get remotely excited about them.  Good stuff.  (But I'd still work on the letterforms matching in both the font and the logo).

Guest darkpiranha

If you turn the logo clockwise 90 degrees, the basic shape has the beginnings of looking like a bulldog or a St. Bernard.  There might be a way to elegantly lean into that and make it more explicit (while keeping it hidden.)

On 1/25/2020 at 1:15 AM, darkpiranha said:

Love it.  Logo on the front of the helmet is pretty unique for the NFL and allows the Browns to stay unique-ish.  As I've always hated the Browns' bland colors and design, it takes a lot for me to get remotely excited about them.  Good stuff.  (But I'd still work on the letterforms matching in both the font and the logo).

spacer.png

Cleaned up the outlines on the monogram and modified the typeface to match C & B.