NHL Refresh 2.0 (League COMPLETE, updates coming...)

JB Designs

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The San Jose Sharks

An adaptation of a look from my earlier Color Rush series with the Los Tiburones logo on the chest and a originally-designed SJ shark tooth logo on the shoulders. Full length yokes and striping drawn from the gills of the logo complete the look.

spacer.png

The Arizona Coyotes

The running coyote alternate logo gets promoted to primary status here and the crescent moon logo once again finds itself on the shoulder. We stick to Arizona's standard of having the exact same arms on both jerseys and move to a more ambitious striping pattern based on the coat of the 'yote.

spacer.png

• JB Designs changed the title to NHL Refresh 2.0 (BOS, CGY, SJS, ARI Posted 13/31)
  • 3 weeks later...

The Detroit Red Wings

The untouchables are always difficult, but I wanted to try my hand at blending some Red Wings history to create a unique look. The striping on this set comes from the Detroit Falcons of the early 1930s and the chest logo pulls from the Red Wings first Winter Classic look. 

spacer.png

• JB Designs changed the title to NHL Refresh 2.0 (DET Posted 14/31)

The Washington Capitals

I know just about everyone, myself included, wants to see the Weagle take center stage for the Caps, but we've all seen a million concepts that accomplish that and do it well. So here's something a little different: The Capitals wordmark in the middle of a DC Flag-inspired chest stripe a la Washington Wizards.

spacer.png

• JB Designs changed the title to NHL Refresh 2.0 (WSH Posted 15/31)

The Pittsburgh Penguins

It's honestly surprising a pseudo-futuristic logo like the Robopen never saw much life in Vegas gold other than the shoulders of the pre-Edge look. We give it a second life here with a Vegas gold look drawing some inspiration from the Penguins 2014 Stadium Series look.

spacer.png

• JB Designs changed the title to NHL Refresh 2.0 (WSH, NYI, PIT Posted 17/31)

The Carolina Hurricanes

Decided to give the 'Canes a fresh look embracing the bad boy side of the "Bunch of Jerks" moniker. The alternate logo takes center stage on the chest and the home jersey adopts a blackout approach. Shoulder logo is an original design fashioning a CH monogram out of a warning flag.

spacer.png

• JB Designs changed the title to NHL Refresh 2.0 (CAR Posted 18/31)

The New Jersey Devils

Each time I see the Devils logo, I'm more and more convinced that it doesn't need the roundel behind it to function as an effective primary. We give it some breathing room here and adopt the retro green and red color scheme, differentiating them from the now Devils-esque Hurricanes. Same Pattern on the home and the road works to create two dinstinct looks. 

spacer.png

Keep the C&C coming. I know I haven't been very responsive thus far, but given how much the world is slowing down, I'm going to go back once this is all done and update each look based on your feedback to finalize each look. Thanks y'all. Stay healthy!

• JB Designs changed the title to NHL Refresh 2.0 (NJD Posted 19/31)

This is such a fun series. I like that some of these could be considered "cringey" or "blasphemous" (in terms of tradition), they're just so damn well-executed 😂.

Great job. I really love Calgary.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

The Columbus Blue Jackets

I've always been in favor of flag-based striping for the Blue Jackets, but it seems redundant with a flag-based logo. To fix that, the shoulder and chest logos are swapped with the alternate cannon logo taking center stage. Much like the Devils concept, using the same striping to create two unique looks here with the extended yoke on the road and cuff striping on the home. This may be my favorite of the series thus far. Let me know what you think!

spacer.png

• JB Designs changed the title to NHL Refresh 2.0 (CBJ Posted 20/31)
18 hours ago, JB Designs said:

The Columbus Blue Jackets

I've always been in favor of flag-based striping for the Blue Jackets, but it seems redundant with a flag-based logo. To fix that, the shoulder and chest logos are swapped with the alternate cannon logo taking center stage. Much like the Devils concept, using the same striping to create two unique looks here with the extended yoke on the road and cuff striping on the home. This may be my favorite of the series thus far. Let me know what you think!

spacer.png

I'd buy that in a heartbeat. May be my favorite CBJ idea to date on the boards so far! Could we see what it would look like with the number font they use now?

3 hours ago, buckeye said:

I'd buy that in a heartbeat. May be my favorite CBJ idea to date on the boards so far! Could we see what it would look like with the number font they use now?

Glad to hear it! I can certainly get around to mocking that up

On 3/23/2020 at 1:03 AM, TakingOnWater13 said:

The cannon logo makes me weak. I haven't decided if I like this cannon or the cream-light blue cannon more.. I would fight someone for that blue Blue Jackets jersey (and lose probably)

Fight well enough and they might just add you to the team. Happy to hear you like it!

The Toronto Maple Leafs

Toronto is one of the few Original 6 teams that hasn't been afraid of tweaking their look to stay with the times. Their 1970-90s look is one of there lesser known looks, so I thought it would be fun to bring that into the modern era. The primary logo gets deconstructed with a plain maple leaf on the chest with the "Toronto" test pulled out and placed above. Shoulder patches mirror the plain maple leaf on the chest but in a contrasting color. Not the most groundbreaking look, but I quite enjoy how clean it looks when its all said and done. 

spacer.png

• JB Designs changed the title to NHL Refresh 2.0 (TOR Posted 21/31)
On 3/16/2020 at 8:14 PM, JB Designs said:

The Pittsburgh Penguins

It's honestly surprising a pseudo-futuristic logo like the Robopen never saw much life in Vegas gold other than the shoulders of the pre-Edge look. We give it a second life here with a Vegas gold look drawing some inspiration from the Penguins 2014 Stadium Series look.

spacer.png

PLEASE, I beg you, NO stupid pos pigeon, robo, hummingbird, Corporate, MONEY GRAB logo ever!

The Montreal Canadiens

Montreal's Winter Classic jersey exposed a color pallet too good to ignore.The lighter blue really pops against the red and creates a fresh look distinct from all the other red, white, and blue teams the league. Chest stripe moves to the road as well to break up one of the more plain jerseys in the league.

spacer.png

Guest darkpiranha
On 3/16/2020 at 7:14 PM, JB Designs said:

The Pittsburgh Penguins

spacer.png

I like it!  If you're going to do the Robo-Penguin, it needs to go all in like you did here.  It needed more sharp lines to really work.  

Archived