NHL Refresh 2.0 (League COMPLETE, updates coming...)

JB Designs

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Winnipeg Jets

I've done a lot of Jet's concepts centered around adding red, but none with a focus on silver. So that's where the series takes us today. The sleeves on the home are inspired by the design of a Canadian Air Force fighter jet with the road adjusted for color balance. Used a new font for the jets to better match the military inspiration than their typical round italics.

spacer.png

And just like that, we're onto our 31th team...

The Nashville Predators

Nashville has decided that bold in gold is the identity they want to go for and, while I didn't agree with it at the time, I think it has served them well. Separating white and gold, however, is not something they've done well. The guitar pick shoulder patch has been simplified to just the Tennessee flag icon with the road yoke mimicking the flag while swapping red for gold. 

31 teams in the books, let me know what you think! I'll be going back through the league to edit each look and mock it up on a 3D template with the potential addition of alternates for each team.

spacer.png

• JB Designs changed the title to NHL Refresh 2.0 (League COMPLETE, updates coming...)
11 hours ago, JB Designs said:

spacer.png

I like the road jersey, but personally, the home suffers from having just a bit too much yellow up top; I think adding a b/w/b shoulder yoke to match the road a bit more and/or making the home helmet navy would help the entire design come together.

As it is, the design feels like it ends up having a bit of a clash of focus; eyes might be drawn to either the jersey and the sea of bright yellow it possesses or the pants and the sea of navy they possess; whereas by making both yellow and navy co-dominant, neither really detracts from the other and, if anything, actually enhance each other visually.

On 3/21/2020 at 4:54 PM, LEWJ said:

This is such a fun series. I like that some of these could be considered "cringey" or "blasphemous" (in terms of tradition), they're just so damn well-executed 😂.

Great job. I really love Calgary.

I echo these sentiments! Such a great series! Though, being in a family from Pittsburgh, they all love the old logo. 

N3d5IIl.png

Archived