AAF and XFL Uniform Concepts

edjb93

Hey, what's up, folks?

After several months of inactivity in creating new concepts, I'm back! You may have seen my concepts before, and they're all football-related. I have some additions to these football-related concepts with, as promised, my Alliance of American Football (AAF) and XFL uniform concepts!

With the 2020 XFL season coming up and the 100th season of the NFL coming to a close, it's the right time to give y'all new concepts, since both AAF and XFL will start ("had started" in the case of AAF) their seasons weeks after Super Bowl.

I'm aware that XFL does not have a specific brand as the league's uniform supplier, but looking up close, XFL's uniforms are pretty the same as those in AAF. Therefore, I'm presuming that both leagues are outfitted by Starter. A huge bummer for me is that when the AAF uniforms were unveiled, they one had one set. This does not make sense especially when color-on-color matchups are too difficult to handle visually. It may had worked in the early years of NFL, but times have changed, and dark and light uniforms are required for every team.

Enough about the intro, here they are!

AAF

East: Atlanta | Birmingham | Memphis | Orlando

West: Arizona | Salt Lake | San Antonio | San Diego

XFL

East: DC | New York | St. Louis | Tampa Bay

West: Dallas | Houston | Los Angeles | Seattle

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ATLANTA LEGENDS

I just relocated the "ATL" wordmark from the sides of the jersey to the front on top of the number, added gold on the side panels, and, the most important thing, added white for color balance.

hsrSqO9.png

HvUAx6l.png

BIRMINGHAM IRON

I would like to give a shoutout to @WideRight for the helmet design inspiration (you can take a look at his design in this link). The striping on the helmet is also applied on the jersey sleeves and on the pants' side panels. Aside from the primary black and white jerseys and pants, I added a light iron jersey and pants, utilizing the nickname for good measure. This is a good way to liven up a somewhat boring set.

prXqNpE.png

LJoypXA.png

M0nSyDH.png

4 hours ago, Bomba Tomba said:

Are you combining the two leagues? Because that would be cool

The leagues are still separate entities, but it would be good that these leagues would be combined into a single umbrella league, a la MLB.

MEMPHIS EXPRESS

The streaks on the side panels are my favorite parts of the Express' uniform set, so why put these streaks on the less noticeable part of the jersey (side panels) when the designers should've put 'em on more noticeable ones, (e.g. sleeves)? I just did the latter. In addition to that, I changed the number font to the one used previously by the Nashville Predators, because it fits more with the "Express" moniker than what the Express actually used. Before unveiling this concept, I initially put a small copy of the team's primary logo, but it seemed that it's much better to eliminate it. Finally, more options, with white and navy pants and a red jersey being added to the rotation.

olr060W.png

7a3Gqao.png

CCAyfDg.png

(Pardon my language)

Dammmmnn, Express uniforms are much nicer than what they had originally! Maybe you should do the same sleeve style on the helmet rather than gradient part? I am rather curious on how it looked like if you have the time to do that. Again, great works

Alamo%2BBowl_sig.png

Liberty Bowl_sig.png

FEAR THE FROG! LET'S GO TCU!!

ORLANDO APOLLOS

The de facto AAF champions have really great primary uniforms in my opinion. However, the Apollos missed the opportunity to duplicate their white uniforms' design to their dark uniforms. I fixed that problem, and I even added navy pants and orange jerseys (definitely makes sense since, well, Orlando) as alternative options.

Nxdjqlf.png

2dvrk0Y.png

nNfU1HT.png

I’m not a fan of side panel stripes on jerseys (especially when they don’t match the colors of the pant stripes).

This may be a controversial opinion, but I would actually like to see beveled numbers on the Birmingham jerseys. Thematically, they’d match the beveled stripes that you’ve used, which I’m a very big fan of!

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

17 hours ago, GT Designs said:

Holy heck! This is amazing. Btw what font did you use for Orlando?

If my memory serves me right, I used the Anaheim Ducks' font, then completely modified it to look like what was used in the Apollos' white uniforms.

ARIZONA HOTSHOTS

I really like the color scheme and the overall brand identity of the Hotshots, but their uniforms also suffer from the "no-design-on-contrasting-sleeves" syndrome. I really thought that adding flames to the sleeves would become an improvement. Voila! It definitely is, and I also added 'em to the pants. I also retained the side panel design on the tops and the pattern on the TV numbers, and I added the "19" decal at the back of the helmets. In a somewhat bold move, my Hotshots concept set won't have a white jersey, because the yellow jersey is already good to be considered as the road uniform, plus, if you're a green and yellow team, it's a prerequisite that green should be the color of the home jersey.

pq7VAdi.png

VtpLgDd.png

SALT LAKE STALLIONS

The Stallions' helmets should've gone with the full logo instead of just the wings. Like the Express, the side panel design on the real-life jerseys are now transferred to the sleeves. Like the Hotshots, there will be no white jerseys, because the silver jerseys are already good to be regularly used on road games. Only the deep sky blue jerseys contain white elements (NOB and numbers). I tried silver, but the NOB and numbers would become too difficult to read. And, in a tribute to a real-life concept jersey for the Stallions, a royal blue alternate is included in the set.

mP29deY.png

Cshh61T.png

EjOjzY4.png

SAN ANTONIO COMMANDERS

This is the only team which has numbers as the primary helmet graphic, not to mention the sublimated design surrounding it. The logo is moved to the sleeves, and I added the interlocked SA logo on the pants. Like the rest of the AAF concepts, I added a white jersey, plus, as an alternate option, I added maroon pants.

StPg9G7.png

I0UQPa2.png

Archived