AAF and XFL Uniform Concepts

edjb93

SAN DIEGO FLEET

On to the final AAF team before unveiling my XFL concepts, things are pretty straightforward here, with the exception of some tweaks: more color on the battleship gray pants, small wordmark at the top of the front numbers, and a little bit of striping on the socks. How I wish that contrasting sleeves were also applied on the white uniforms though, which I did. For the alternate pants, anthracite is the color that I chose. I also made yellow pants, but I scrapped them for now. Let me know if you're in favor of yellow pants for the Fleet or not.

RcdIKbh.png

F4VGZyv.png

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DC DEFENDERS

My concept set for DC looks like something that Cardale Jones' college football rivals would wear. Instead of red helmets, I used white helmets to go all-in with the DC flag scheme (as well the two stripes on the helmets and pants). Sublimated bolts and stars dominate the sleeves (credits to @WideRight for the sleeve design inspiration).

u9bi6UJ.png

m36kV10.png

NEW YORK GUARDIANS

In my opinion, the Guardians have the most menacing and most intimidating uniforms in the XFL (especially with combos containing black pants), but its overall design is fairly traditional, due to the use of the LSU stripes. I would like to make their uniforms modern, by going for an abstract Empire State Building stripe design, which also pays tribute to the exterior of MetLife Stadium. And yes, I used gradients fading to black, symbolizing "the New York City lights rising above darkness", and the facemasks are supposed to be metallic silver. Among all my XFL concepts, this is the only set that does not come with white jerseys or pants.

OYmSHqH.png

jMYnDbL.png

On 2/23/2020 at 12:56 AM, edjb93 said:

Here are the yellow pants for the Fleet. You be the judge...

YKjN5Qk.png

w0amTAd.png

That's it for now in the AAF. Up next are the XFL concepts, so stay tuned!

Much much better with yellow pants 

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

10 hours ago, edjb93 said:

NEW YORK GUARDIANS

In my opinion, the Guardians have the most menacing and most intimidating uniforms in the XFL (especially with combos containing black pants), but its overall design is fairly traditional, due to the use of the LSU stripes. I would like to make their uniforms modern, by going for an abstract Empire State Building stripe design, which also pays tribute to the exterior of MetLife Stadium. And yes, I used gradients fading to black, symbolizing "the New York City lights rising above darkness", and the facemasks are supposed to be metallic silver. Among all my XFL concepts, this is the only set that does not come with white jerseys or pants.

OYmSHqH.png

jMYnDbL.png

Now that's money.

ST. LOUIS BATTLEHAWKS

For the BattleHawks, I decided to go for a tamed design, leaving out navy. The shoulder yoke feature sublimated wing pattern a la Oregon, while the pants feature the sword. I retained the awesome helmet decal, but changed the facemask color to white for a cleaner approach. Blue pants will always be partnered with gray socks.

ALWBMuK.png

So3rasY.png

DALLAS RENEGADES

Now, you might be asking, "why did you use Carolina Panthers' current uniforms?" First of all, the Panthers definitely need new uniforms. Second, if they did update their uniforms, then the Renegades could take the Panthers' original uniform design, which really fits the overall branding of the Renegades, and put some minor tweaks.

8Pd3vWo.png

l0cYtPb.png

SVxxFPW.png

HOUSTON ROUGHNECKS

The de facto champions of the 2020 season get an "Oiler" makeover...sort of. After all, the Roughnecks' overall branding is a lovechild of the Oilers' and Texans' identities. When you look closely at the striping, you'll see a steel frame pattern (a nod to the oil derrick logo that they have). I promoted navy blue as the primary color over red, with the color of the home jersey showing the change.

e73PjJJ.png

3A2Lau5.png

YKlk8sg.png

I love that sublimated pattern striping for Houston! I'd just suggest dropping the small white stripes in between, and just putting the main stripes straight onto the jersey/pants

color.

Also your Guardians concept with the Empire State Building on the pants is awesome!

The gradient works surprisingly well here.

I don't know if it'd look better, but I'm curious to see the away without the black background, with black stripes instead of silver.

I like the snakeskin for TB, but it might work better on the numbers a la Seahawks. The gradients don't work for me here (especially the pants gradients), but maybe a dark green to yellow stripe gradient would...?

Unique stuff! Great work here!

14 hours ago, vtgco said:

I love that sublimated pattern striping for Houston! I'd just suggest dropping the small white stripes in between, and just putting the main stripes straight onto the jersey/pants color.

The small white/silver stripes were there because of the overall "Oiler" makeover theme, not to mention the surrounding outline in the logo.

On 3/19/2020 at 1:12 AM, vtgco said:

Also your Guardians concept with the Empire State Building on the pants is awesome!

The gradient works surprisingly well here.

I don't know if it'd look better, but I'm curious to see the away without the black background, with black stripes instead of silver.

Will follow this up on a later date...

LOS ANGELES WILDCATS

My problem with the Wildcats' uniforms is the dominant use of black over orange and red. I also thought that they'll use orange helmets, but went with black. For this concept, orange and red are front and center, with black being used as a trim color and the base for the alternate uniform. Also, the claw logo has found its way on the helmets, while the LA monogram logo is now reserved on the nose bumpers. Don't worry, the monogram is still their primary logo in my case.

oBSRbK0.png

d9oxb4i.png

dUiNImg.png

Archived