As you can probably tell by my new username, I've decided it was time for a personal brand. I actually had been working on this monogram logo for a while.

My initials are AH. So, I thought that I could do something neat with the interjection, "ah!" that my initials naturally produce. I juggled ideas between AH! Design, AH! Graphics, and AH! Creative. I decided on the latter, simply because it opens up many different avenues. 

My username, I wanted to be AH! Creative, but since the '!' isn't allowed, I settled on AHcreative. Nevertheless, here is the logo that I finished a couple months ago. 

I would appreciate any and all suggestions to improve it. Thanks! 

q7HnUdV.png

EDIT: I am also very open to color suggestions. I do like cooler colors: shades of minty green to shades of electric blue, mixed with silvers, grays, blacks, etc. 

I see this as A! Not AH! Move bar further ight and maybe some optical illusion to bring out the H. The color is vibrant. I like it. 

On 1/27/2020 at 3:13 AM, walkerws said:

I see this as A! Not AH! Move bar further ight and maybe some optical illusion to bring out the H. The color is vibrant. I like it.

That's what I worried about. I have these saved on my computer that were drafts before I sought critique on the logo I posted above. 

For these, I felt as though they were lopsided, had issues with angles and line weights, and that maybe the stripe through the crossbars was too superfluous for a monogram. Though the initial purpose was to add the illusion that the teal was a part of the exclamation mark and crossbar of the H, simultaneously. I did, however, try out a banner-like effect to see what the mark would look like if the striping pattern through the crossbars did continue. 

3QwLcOj.png aKuX63J.png

qV1K3GY.png

Is there anything in the drafts that worked well, perhaps better, than in the logo I initially posted?

I get what you're trying to do, but the resulting shapes aren't contributing to us seeing A H and "!"   'm seeing either AI or A! 

Instead of splitting the H, what if you make the H full and the left side of the A it's own shape?  I'd maybe even ad the full exclamation mark next to the H at an angle that matches the A's slant

First of all, I like the name and concept, Heitert...I mean, AH!👍

Could the negative space of the "H" give you the the exclamation mark, if the horizontal line was low enough?

If so, then (as darkp suggested), combine the AH into a single shape?

12 hours ago, sparky chewbarky said:

First of all, I like the name and concept, Heitert...I mean, AH!👍

Could the negative space of the "H" give you the the exclamation mark, if the horizontal line was low enough?

If so, then (as darkp suggested), combine the AH into a single shape?

Thanks sparky! That's a great idea and I'll try to execute that in conjunction with what @darkpiranhahad suggested as well.

Finally got some time to work on this. I added a couple additional color options. 

uwUc8UU.png

Thoughts?

On the exclamation point, what if you added the point inside the shape you have now, the same thickness as the current borders?  In white.  So that way, you keep the current size, shape and color of the exclamation point, but bring just a bit more attention to it.  (I mocked something together real quick to see if I was crazy)

https://imgur.com/a/maQAIHB

I love the use of teal, so either of those is a good option. And a couple posts above, you had a long wide image with the teal line through the middle of the line that is great. I'd love to see that implemented as well.

I get the urge to utilize that negative space, but the exclamation point being the same color as the stroke isn't working for me.

Yeah, I like the teal also. 

Another option.... Tweak one of your earlier versions so the only "break" in the shape is the space that defines the exclamation point.

Comme ca...

spacer.png

In this way, the A, H, and exclamation point are all the same colour.?

Does it work if I remove the outline completely? When I first envisioned the logo, I wanted the 'AH' to be a different color than the '!' to draw more attention to the exclamation mark. 

hDh814K.png BeJGBCY.png

Thanks for drawing that up sparky! I'll trace it and see how it looks when it's digitized. 

I appreciate all the comments, guys. 

That is alotta better right now!