BREAKING NEWS: Ron Artest has changed his jersey #

Titanium Eagle

• 1 month later...
Preseason is always big business in uniform numbers. Cleveland's Jeff McInnis wanted $25,000 to give Drew Gooden No. 0, so Gooden will wear 90, a combination of his two NBA numbers. Indiana's Ron Artest will wear his third NBA number, No. 91, to honor Dennis Rodman. Artest wore No. 23 the last two seasons to honor Michael Jordan and said he's considering the numbers of John Paxson and Steve Kerr in the future. Meanwhile, the league said it is considering a rule to limit the number of different uniform numbers a player can wear in his career.

-- Chicago Tribune

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Meanwhile, the league said it is considering a rule to limit the number of different uniform numbers a player can wear in his career.

-- Chicago Tribune

WHY??? Let players change numbers how many times they want.

Meanwhile, the league said it is considering a rule to limit the number of different uniform numbers a player can wear in his career.

-- Chicago Tribune

WHY??? Let players change numbers how many times they want.

Because I would kinda feel screwed if I went out and bought a #91 Ron Artest jersey and the next season he went out and changed his number. That said -- I won't go out and buy a Ron Artest jersey. That said, there's one less possible sale they get on a Ron Artest jersey, and I'm sure others feel the same way. I'm sure the cycle would probably balance itself out, but it's probably in the best interest of the fans.

IUe6Hvh.png

did you guys ever hear that story of Clinton Portis trying to buy the number or Fight this other guy who already had it, ridiculous, its just a number, I have probably had a different number every year i've played sports.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

Archived