Unused 2000 NY Giants Jersey & Logo! (Pics)

23 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

Oh my god! It’s awful! What a find!

And yet it's a total upgrade over the Titans' current road jersey. Replace the red with columbia blue in that side panel, switch out the Giants logos on the sleeves and it totally looks like what the Titans should be wearing right now.

23 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Is that the Joey Harrington Oregon jersey? Looks good, just not for the Giants. 

Right? I'm pretty sure that's the exact number font Nike did for Oregon around that time period.

22 hours ago, -Akronite- said:

Is there a shot with the full side panel? Would not have aged great with it but overall not a bad look.

I couldn't even wait until I actually received it to post pics! I will snap some side panel shots when it arrives.

14 hours ago, Tracy Jordan said:

And yet it's a total upgrade over the Titans' current road jersey. Replace the red with columbia blue in that side panel, switch out the Giants logos on the sleeves and it totally looks like what the Titans should be wearing right now.

Its funny you say that because the red swoosh immediately made me think of the current white Titans jersey.

9 hours ago, Cujo said:

Soooooooooooo that's a knock-off Pro Bowl jersey

The NFL jersey counterfeit market didn't really kick in until 03/04, well into the Reebok/NFL Equipment era. I've been buying/selling jerseys for about 15 years & I've never seen a counterfeit jersey from the 97-99 Nike NFL era tags, let along pro cut model.

On 1/29/2020 at 10:48 AM, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

The Giants are a team that should never even consider using a custom number font.

I see where you're coming from, but this particular font fits with their logo while being appropriately classic and simple. It's more in the Bears/Texans category of custom fonts than the Bucs/Steelers category.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

And no, that is not the Joey Harrington-Oregon-era Ducks number font. That was a(n overly) modified version of Handel, and was much more round in shape:

s-l300.jpg

oregon-ducks-joey-harrington-nike-xl_1_e

The NOB font matches that of the NYG Strahan jersey up above, reasonably ascertaining that the NYG jersey may well have been a legit prototype that got canned at the last second. (I have an original authentic Mark Brunell signed inaugural season jersey that in every way was the one they wore that season except for a slight difference in number font--they ultimately went with Wilson block numbers with the angled counters; mine does not have that particular font.)

Total side note: good gosh those Oregon jerseys were ghastly. I didn't realize until now that they were that bad.  Black (or really dark green) body, green sleeves, yellow side panels--sheesh.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2020 at 1:26 PM, Bruhammydude said:

That number font fits pretty well though!

Agreed.  However, I think it would fit even better if:

1.  There was no serif/vertical turn on the bottom left corner of the 9, to match the bottom of the Y.

2.  There was no serif/vertical turn on the top left corner of the 2, to match the top left of the N and the Y. 

3.  There was no serif on the bottom right corner of the 2 (or the serif was curved, though this is probably the lesser option), to match the bottom of the Y.

Hopefully I explained this clearly enough.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Something like that just makes you like like you wanted to copy the Bears, but only had a freeware font.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

3 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

Something like that just makes you like like you wanted to copy the Bears, but only had a freeware font.

Now that I think of it, I just thought it looked cool. Bears have some of favorite uniforms so.

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

If anyone know what font the numbers are, I’d be curious to see how the rest of the numbers would look. 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Archived